Finally, the United States gets its own big-budget event like Europe with the American Song Contest. It starts March 21st at .
In a hurry? The American Song Contest will air on NBC. These are our favorite streaming services for it:
- Fubo: With 130+ channels, it offers something for everyone. Fubo allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Provides everything you expect from cable with many options. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: Probably the best streaming service in terms of customization with a super low price. Save 50% on one month now!
If you can’t watch your favorite sports, TV and movies because of your location, try ExpressVPN to get access to the content you deserve. Signup now.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that offers this TV channel. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the sports, movies, and TV you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
The American Song Contest, which is being broadcast on NBC, is a musical competition that has a geographic element to it. Like the famous Eurovision Song Contest, which involves entries representing countries, the American Song Contest features artists representing the 50 states, DC, and five territories.
This event takes place over a two-month period as the list of artists is ultimately narrowed down to the lone winning act.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
All About the American Song Contest
This show is inspired by the Eurovision Song Contest. In that contest, around 40 countries send musical acts to perform their songs live at the festival. The European Broadcasting Union, which oversees Eurovision, also created the American Song Contest.
The main difference between these two contests, other than one focusing on a single country and the other on many, is that Eurovision features around 40 different broadcasters sending their own entries while the American version is all overseen by NBCUniversal.
Meanwhile, the geographical focus of the American Song Contest is what sets it apart from other US-based musical shows. Each state, populated territory, and DC sends one song to be performed live by a musical act that presumably has a connection with that area.
Many of the artists are known to music aficionados, including, in 2022, Jewel (Alaska), Michael Bolton (Connecticut), Macy Gray (Ohio), Jordan Smith (Kentucky), and Sisqo (Maryland).
The eight shows will consist of qualifying rounds, semifinals, and the grand final.
Atlantic Records is the contest’s music partner and is responsible for the song releases. This is another major difference between this contest and Eurovision as the latter festival could conceivably involve around 40 different labels as each country is responsible for every aspect of its own song.
Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga
Preceding the creation of the American Song Contest was the 2020 US-produced Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga. This film was set in Iceland and Scotland, starred Will Ferrell, and featured a number of former Eurovision singers. It is available to watch on Netflix ($9.99/mo).
American Song Contest on Television
The American Song Contest, which will be hosted by Kelly Clarkson and Snoop Dogg, is set to premiere on March 21, 2022. It will run for eight weeks, ending on May 9.
It will be broadcast on NBC from 8 pm to 10 pm (local time) while the songs are being released at midnight EDT the morning of each of those broadcast days. All of the shows will also be available for streaming on NBC.com the next day. You should also be able to stream it on Peacock.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Watching in the US
Those based in the US may, in most cases, watch their local NBC affiliate with the use of an antenna. With modern HD digital antennas, this is a great way to go. See our indoor antenna guide for everything you need to know.
You can also watch via a live TV streaming service. There are many choices:
- FuboTV ($74.99/mo): Get a broad selection of 110+ channels with a heavy sports-focus along with 1000 hours of cloud DVR and simultaneous streaming on up to 10 devices. (FuboTV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM ($74.99/mo): The former AT&T TV makes it easy to transition from cable with roughly 80 channels, unlimited DVR (online orders only), and streaming on unlimited devices at once. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Sling TV ($40.00/mo): The Sling Blue plan gives you NBC in select areas along with 40+ other channels, 50 hours of cloud DVR, and streaming on up to 3 devices. (Sling TV review)
- Hulu + Live TV ($69.99/mo): This plan starts with the base Hulu on-demand library and adds 85+ live TV channels, Disney+, and ESPN+. It comes with unlimited cloud DVR with 9 months of storage and streaming on two devices at the same time. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- YouTube TV ($72.99/mo): Get 85+ channels along with unlimited DVR storage and streaming on three devices.
Watching Outside the US
Each of the episodes will also be broadcast in much of Europe. For example, Greeks can watch them on ERT, and Serbians can tune into RTS to do the same.
We will update when we get more information.
Leading Right Into Eurovision
The final episode of the American Song Contest in 2022 will run right into that year’s Eurovision. The event starts the next day, on May 10, before wrapping up with shows on May 12 and 14.
The American Song Contest is an original idea as far as the US goes while loosely adopting the Eurovision Song Contest’s format. In the US version, the 50 states, five territories, and DC send musical acts and songs that presumably show pride for their regions.
These broadcasts may be viewed on NBC. Sign up with Hulu + Live TV so you don’t miss it!
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Page Updates ▼▲
Added buttons for streaming services. Various changes.
More links. Misc changes.
Added links to streaming services. Updated some sub-sections. Changed some content in main section. Cross linking.
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022