The NFL season is in full swing for 2022-23, and fans from all around the country get to watch their favorite teams on a weekly basis. The Indianapolis Colts is a popular franchise that has fans throughout the state of Indiana, but this franchise also has fans out of state.
In a hurry? To watch all the Indianapolis Colts out-of-market games on Sunday, you will need NFL Sunday Ticket. But that is not the only way to watch the games.
- ExpressVPN: Get the games you deserve while securing your privacy. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NFL Sunday Ticket: Available only through a satellite plan (mostly), but it is the easiest way to watch the whole NFL regular season.
- FuboTV: Although it won’t provide you with all out-of-market NFL games, it does give you 120+ channels including all those that you need to enjoy the season live. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- DIRECTV STREAM: A great cable-replacement service with all of the NFL with the Choice plan. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: If you are looking for a low-cost way to live stream most games, this service is a great choice. Save 50% on Sling TV!
- DAZN Canada is streaming every NFL game live, which means preseason, regular games, playoff games, and of course the Super Bowl.
In most cases, you won’t be able to watch the Colts games on a consistent basis if you’re not located in the team’s respective region because of regionalized broadcasting. On the other hand, there are now ways of getting around this issue, so keep reading below for more valuable information.
Table Of Contents
The National Football League makes being a fan very easy because each respective team will play only one game per week. All of the games are broadcasted across the nation for the entire season. On the other hand, following some teams can be difficult when it come to viewership rights. Games during the regular season are regionally broadcasted, and most Sunday afternoon games are limited to two showings via CBS or Fox.
This is wonderful news for local fans because they can tune in to their local CBS or Fox affiliate to watch the games free of charge. Of course, this is known as in-market viewing, but fans who reside in distant locations are generally out of luck. For example, Indianapolis Colts games won’t be shown to viewers in Los Angeles in most cases because that region is considered to be out of market.
Other pro leagues have gotten around this broadcasting issue by using distinct platforms. Basketball and baseball fans can watch their favorite teams consistently on platforms such as NBA League Pass and MLB TV. The same thing goes for pro soccer and hockey as their games are shown on ESPN+.
NFL Sunday Ticket is the solution for out-of-market Colts fans. You will need to subscribe with a satellite provider like DIRECTV to receive service, and this is not to be confused with DIRECTV STREAM.
Out-of-Market Indianapolis Colts Games Options
Thanks to advancements in technology, there are many ways to view out-of-market Colts games. Here are some of the best routes, so keep reading below.
1. NFL Sunday Ticket is the best option for Indianapolis Colts fans, but it’s only available with a satellite provider’s subscription. NFL Sunday Ticket is the undisputed leader and ultimate source for watching NFL games as all of the games will be broadcasted. This service also offers plenty of NFL content via shows/documentaries. (NFL Sunday Ticket review)
2. NFL+ Premium provides out-of-market games via on-demand access. The general cost is $9.99 per month, but there’s a catch. Fans won’t get to watch live games, and all of the games are replayed. NFL+ Premium does provide live, in-market games for primetime viewers via mobile devices. All out-of-market games during the preseason can also be enjoyed with a mobile device. (NFL+ review)
3. NFL RedZone is a bit different as this platform doesn’t necessarily focus on out-of-market games, per say. The main focus is directed to teams that are within the 20-yard line, hence the name. This fantasy football source can be viewed for 7 hours every Sunday afternoon, and fans can switch from game to game. (NFL RedZone Out-of-Market)
4. VPN has become a popular source because it can be used as a tool for watching Colts games that are otherwise blacked-out in your local area. VPN means virtual private network. Fans can utilize this service to watch Colts games undetected from various regions. (VPNs for Out-of-Market Viewing)
6. Friends, Sports Bars & Other Options can be used when all other routes aren’t explored. If you lack the platforms/services that are listed above, then visiting a friend or sports bar could be a great social experience. Most individuals enjoy watching sporting events with other like-minded people.
How to utilize NFL RedZone via streaming?
YouTube TV offers RedZone with its Sports Plus add-on for $64.99/mo.
VPN service is one of the most powerful tools for cord-cutters. Colts fans can bypass many issues, but content isn’t provided. You’ll get full access to stream the games that you’ve already paid for.
For more information on how to watch the NFL out-of-market games, check the VPN review.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Devices to Stream Out-of-Market Colts Games
There are several devices that you can use to watch Colts games. This includes Samsung smart televisions and some gaming devices. Fans can purchase an Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, iPhone/iPad, Android mobile, or Amazon Fire TV/Firestick.
Since Roku isn’t supported by VPN, you’ll need to use a router to set up the VPN. All major VPNs have step-by-step instructions.
Can I watch out-of-market Colts games with DIRECTV STREAM?
No, you cannot. DIRECTV STREAM focuses on in-market games that are relative to your area. NFL Sunday Ticket isn’t available here neither are NFL Network and NFL RedZone. You can instead sign up for the DIRECTV Satellite plan to get NFL Sunday Ticket.
Can I watch other out-of-market NFL games apart from the Indianapolis Colts?
Below is a detailed online on how to watch other out-of-market football games on Sunday:
More Info on NFL Without Cable
If you still have questions, these resources should help: