In contrast to Thursday’s game, this Sunday afternoon match-up features two of the best teams in the league: Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs. It pits the best in the AFC East against the best in the AFC West.
In a hurry? Get Fox and CBS with FuboTV!
Here are the details of this game:
- Who: Buffalo Bills (4-1) at Kansas City Chiefs (4-1)
- When: Sunday, October 16th (EDT)
- Where: CBS.
Highlighting this Sunday afternoon’s selection of NFL matchups is this battle between the best teams in the AFC, the East Division-leading Buffalo Bills at 4-1 and the Kansas City Chiefs, who have set the pace in the West Division with an identical mark.
Two of Buffalo’s wins have been significant, by five touchdowns, the most recent a 38-3 demolishing of the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday. The highlight of that game was a team record-tying 98-yard touchdown pass from Josh Allen to Gabe Davis to open the scoring and set the tone for the contest.
Unsurprisingly, there is no known turmoil in the Bills’ locker room although it should be pointed out that poor performances often follow solid ones. For example, Buffalo’s dominating 41-7 win over the Tennessee Titans in week two was followed by a 21-19 defeat to the Dolphins in Miami.
Conversely, the Chiefs are coming off of a tougher-than-expected 30-29 win over the Las Vegas Raiders in KC, which involved a rally from a 17-point deficit. Interestingly, tight end Travis Kelce caught four touchdown passes while only accumulating 68 total receiving yards, setting the NFL record for fewest total receiving yards combined with four touchdown receptions.
This team’s only setback has come in week three, same as is the case for the Bills. KC’s was a 20-17 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.
Most analysts rank both these teams in the top 3. The opening line set the teams as even but the Chiefs are now favored by about a point. The total (over/under) on the game is 54 points. So the predicted outcome would be the Chiefs 26-27.
Other Sunday Morning and Afternoon Games
Here are the rest of the games on Sunday:
- Sun Oct 16 : San Francisco 49ers at Atlanta Falcons (Fox)
- Sun Oct 16 : New England Patriots at Cleveland Browns (CBS)
- Sun Oct 16 : New York Jets at Green Bay Packers (Fox)
- Sun Oct 16 : Jacksonville Jaguars at Indianapolis Colts (CBS)
- Sun Oct 16 : Minnesota Vikings at Miami Dolphins (Fox)
- Sun Oct 16 : Cincinnati Bengals at New Orleans Saints (CBS)
- Sun Oct 16 : Baltimore Ravens at New York Giants (CBS)
- Sun Oct 16 : Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Pittsburgh Steelers (Fox)
- Sun Oct 16 : Carolina Panthers at Los Angeles Rams (Fox)
- Sun Oct 16 : Arizona Cardinals at Seattle Seahawks (Fox)
- Sun Oct 16 : Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs (CBS)
- Sun Oct 16 : Dallas Cowboys at Philadelphia Eagles (NBC)
If your interests tend away from your home team, you can sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket. It allows you to watch every out-of-market game. You can get all the details in our Sunday Ticket review.
Sunday afternoon NFL games generally air on CBS (AFC mostly) and Fox (NFC mostly). The main exception are International morning games (airing on NFL Network and ESPN), but there are none this week.
You can get these channels through live TV streaming services. Also available is NFL RedZone, which allows you to watch all the Sunday afternoon games at the same time.
- FuboTV: Get 120+ live channels for $74.99/mo (FuboTV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get all the channels you need to stream NFL. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Offers 85+ channels along with ESPN+ and Disney+ for $69.99/mo. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- YouTube TV: Offers all the local channels for $72.99/mo.
You can also watch the Bills-Chiefs game for free OTA with a digital antenna.
More Info on NFL Without Cable
If you still have questions, these resources should help:
- NFL Honors
- NFL Combine
- NFL Draft
- NFL Preseason
- NFL Regular Season
- Thursday Night Football
- Sunday Night Football
- Monday Night Football
- NFL Playoffs
- Super Bowl
- Out-of-Market NFL Games
- NFL in Canada.
Image cropped from Chargers vs Chiefs by Conman33 under CC BY 3.0.
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022