The 2022-23 UEFA Round of 16 is upon us. PSG plays Bayern Munich on February 14th at . Watch it on Paramount+!
The Round of 16 of the World Cup 2022 starts Saturday, December 3rd. The second match that day pits Argentina vs Australia against each other at Ahmad bin Ali Stadium.
The game will be broadcast on Fox and Telemundo at . Read on to get all the details.
In a hurry? These streaming services will allow you to watch this and every match of the Round of 16:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
World Cup Results For Groups C and D
This match features the winner of Group C (Argentina) and the second-place finisher of Group D (Australia). Here are the results of the Group Stage competitions:
- Argentina: 2-0-1 (6)
- Poland: 1-1-1 (4)
- Mexico: 1-1-1 (4)
- Saudi Arabia: 1-0-2 (3)
- France: 2-0-1 (6)
- Australia: 2-0-1 (6)
- Tunisia: 1-1-1 (4)
- Denmark: 0-1-2 (1)
How to Watch the Round of 16 Matches
All the Round of 16 matches will be televised live on the following channels:
The Argentina-Australia match is broadcast on Fox and Telemundo. This means you can watch them for free, if you want. You will need an antenna and to be located near transmission towers. But this is the case for most people.
- Saturday, December 3 : Argentia vs Australia
After the Round of 16 is over, there are a number of other stages:
- Quarter Finals, beginning December 8th
- Semi-Finals, beginning December 13th
- Third Place Playoff on December 17th
- Final on December 18th.
How to Watch Argentina vs Australia in Every Country
- United States: SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Peacock (Streaming, App), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming)
- Canada: CTV Television Network (TV, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), TSN1 (Streaming, App)
- United Kingdom: BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio)
- Germany: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- France: beIN Sports 1 (TV), Free (TV, Streaming, App)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: Vidio (TV, Streaming, App), Indosiar (TV, Streaming), SCTV (TV, Streaming)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: Sports18 (TV), Voot Select (Streaming, App), JioTV (TV, Streaming, App)
Game Analysis: Argentina vs Australia
On December 3, Argentina will take on Australia in the first round of the knockout phase of the Qatar 2022 World Cup. Argentina is the winner of Group C while Australia finished second in Group D.
Let’s take a closer look at how the teams fared in group play, who the key players are and other important keys to this critical matchup.
How Did Argentina Get Here?
Lionel Scaloni’s team started group play with a stunning 2-1 loss to Saudi Arabia. However, the Copa América champions rebounded by getting wins over Poland and Mexico to finish with six standings points after three games.
How Did Australia Get Here?
Australia began group play with a 4-1 loss to France, and according to the analytics, the Socceroos had just an 11% chance of advancing from their group after that loss. Fortunately, they won their next games against Tunisia and Denmark to tie France for the top spot in the group.
Key Players for Argentina
Lionel Messi is considered to be one of the best to ever play the game of football. He has two goals so far in the tournament and was instrumental in helping Argentina to keep its title hopes alive.
Other players to watch include Enzo Fernandez, who scored against Saudi Arabia, Mac Allister, named man of the match in Poland’s defeat, and goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez.
Key Players for Australia
Mitchell Duke was the man who scored the winning goal against Tunisia while Mathew Leckie was the one who scored for Australia against Denmark.
Both of these men will be looked upon by their teammates to continue to produce offensively for a team that doesn’t possess the ball much.
On defense, Harry Souttar and Mathew Ryan will be tasked with helping the team keep a clean sheet.
The Key to Argentina vs Australia
The Australian team possessed the ball less than 42% of the time in all three of the team’s group phase games. Meanwhile, Argentina possessed the ball at least 59% of the time in all three of their group games.
This means that Australia’s defense will need to be patient and disciplined if they hope to avoid fouls that could lead to Messi free kicks or penalties in the box.
What’s at Stake for Argentina vs Australia?
The winner of this match will advance to the quarterfinal to play either the Netherlands or the United States.
Although Argentina will likely be favored to win this match, both squads will be confident in their abilities and on guard against taking any opponent too lightly.
The knockout phase of the World Cup is when things get exciting. Round of 16 is the first part of this. So don’t miss any matches!
[Post-match] What were some highlights of the game?
There were lots of exciting moments from this matchup:
- Jackson Irvine (AUS) earning the first booking of the match when he mashed Marcos Acuña’s (ARG) foot.
- Lionel Messi’s first-half opening goal at 35′, his first in a World Cup Knockout Stage, leading to 1-0 for Argentina at half-time.
- After a backpass from Kye Rowles (AUS) to goalkeeper Mathew Ryan, Argentines Rodrigo De Paul and Julián Álvarez gang up on the hapless Ryan to score Argentina’s second goal at 58′.
- Australia, down 2 and under pressure at 58′, swaps out midfielders Riley McGree and Keanu Baccus for Ajdin Hrustic and forward Craig Goodwin.
- Craig Goodwin (AUS) getting an inadvertent assist from midfielder Enzo Fernandez (ARG) at 77′ as his shot bounces off Fernandez’s arm and into the goal (technically making it an own goal).
- Aziz Behich (AUS) slipping past Nicolás Otamendi (ARG) to come within a hair’s breadth of a second-half equalizer at 80′, only to be denied by a sliding save by Lisandro Martínez (ARG).
- Lautaro Martínez (ARG) missing several chances, especially in the closing minutes of the game, to solidify Argentina’s lead, but thwarted by Mathew Ryan (AUS).
- Garang Kuol (AUS) rolled Nicolás Tagliafico (ARG) at 97′ and made a last ditch effort to score, saved by goalkeeper Emiliano Martínez.
- Messi scoring his ninth World Cup goal, surpassing Diego Maradona’s record for World Cup goals (8). This match marked the 1,000th game of Messi’s professional career.
What teams have been eliminated from the World Cup?
The following teams were eliminated at the Group Stage:
- Costa Rica
- Saudi Arabia
These teams were eliminated so far in the Knockout Stage:
- South Korea
- USMNT (USA)
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022