The 2022-23 UEFA Quarter-Final is upon us. Watch it on Paramount+!
North American football fans eagerly await the Group F meeting of Belgium and Canada at FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 on Wednesday, November 23 on Fox and Telemundo.
In a hurry? You can enjoy watching this match and all other World Cup matches with the following streaming services:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
The match will be the first tournament contest for both teams. Canada has a tall order for its first game, as its men’s team is ranked 43rd in the world, while Belgium is one of the favorites to win the tournament with its #2 ranking.
The match will take place at Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium. Here is what you need to know about the game.
World Cup Group F Match Schedule
This game will be the first Group Stage match for both teams. Other Group F teams are Morocco and Croatia.
These are all the Group F matches played by Belgium and Canada. All times are EST:
• Wednesday, November 23, : Belgium vs Canada (Fox/Telemundo)
• Sunday, November 27, : Belgium vs Morocco (FS1/Telemundo)
• Sunday, November 27, : Croatia vs Canada (FS1/Telemundo)
• Thursday, December 1, : Croatia vs Belgium (Fox/Universo)
• Thursday, December 1, : Canada vs Morocco (FS1/Telemundo)
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Where to Watch Qatar 2022
American channels will broadcast all tournament games live.
English: Fox, Fox Sports 1 (FS1)
Spanish: Telemundo, Universo
For live games, you’ll need a streaming service subscription. The most comprehensive services for the tournament are FuboTV and YouTube TV, as they have all English and Spanish language channels. DIRECTV STREAM and Hulu + Live TV have Fox, FS1, and Telemundo. You’ll need to add Universo on an upgrade. Only Fox and FS1 are on Sling TV and Vidgo.
Peacock is an excellent low-cost option if you only want to stream in Spanish.
The first- and second-place side in each group will advance to the Knockout rounds on these dates:
• Sat Dec 3 – Tue Dec 6: Round of 16
• Fri Dec 9 – Sat Dec 10: Quarter-Finals
• Tues Dec 13 – Weds Dec 14: Semi-Finals
• Sat Dec 17: Third-Place Play-Off
• Sun Dec 18: World Cup Final
How to Watch Belgium vs Canada in Every Country
- United States: Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Peacock (Streaming, App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming)
- Canada: TSN1 (Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), CTV Television Network (TV, App), Réseau des sports (TV, Streaming, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App), TSN3 (Streaming, App)
- United Kingdom: BBC One (TV, Streaming, App), BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio), BBC Sport (TV, Streaming, App), talkSPORT Radio (Radio)
- Germany: Das Erste (TV, Streaming, App)
- France: Molotov (TV, Streaming, App), Free (TV, Streaming, App), beIN Sports 1 (TV), TF1 (TV, Streaming, App), beIN SPORTS (TV, App)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: Vidio (TV, Streaming, App), SCTV (TV, Streaming)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: JioTV (TV, Streaming, App), Sports18 (TV), Voot Select (Streaming, App)
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Be sure to check out our deals page on ExpressVPN, NordVPN, SurfShark and PureVPN.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Belgium vs Canada: The Matchup
Canada’s opening match is expected to be tough, as the Canadian Men’s National Team has not made a WC appearance since 1986. Belgium’s Red Devils has a solid squad of veterans, with six players having over 100 caps. The combination of striker Romelu Lukaku (Inter Milan) and midfielder Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) produces lightning-fast attacks that frequently leave their opponents in the dust. Canada’s team, composed of Major League (MLS0 star) and minor league footballers from Europe, hopes to make a respectable showing.
Belgium’s World Cup Squad
• Nickname: The Red Devils
• Coach: Roberto Martinez
• Captain: Kevin DeBruyne
• Top Scorer: Romelu Lukaku (68)
• Most Caps: Jan Vertonghen (141)
Since former Everton Manager Roberto Martinez took over the helm of the Belgian national team in 2016, the Red Devils have harbored high hopes that its Golden Age squad will win Qatar 2022. Second only to Brazil in the FIFA ranking, Belgium is blessed with talented players at every position, many of whom have extensive international experience. Six Belgian players have over 100 caps. The Red Devils hope to improve on their third-place finish in the 2018 WC.
Belgium’s footballers come from all of Europe’s top leagues, especially the English Premier League, Spain’s LaLiga, and Italy’s Serie A, as well the Belgian and Turkish Leagues. The Premier League leads the count with six players, led by Kevin De Bruyne.
• Superstar captain Kevin De Bruyne, arguably the world’s best passer, also has a deadly shot.
• Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibault Courtois is one of the world’s best goalkeepers, having helped his side win the Champions League in 2022.
• Romelu Lukaku is on the comeback trail after a subpar year in 2021-2022 with Chelsea. Look for him to be a force once again.
Other Notable Players:
• Eden Hazard (Forward, Real Madrid)
• Dries Mertens (Forward, Galatasaray)
• Axel Witsel (Midfielder, Athletico Madrid)
• Jan Vertonghen (Defender, Anderlecht)
• Toby Alderweireld (Defender, Royal Antwerp)
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Canada’s World Cup Squad
• Nickname: Canucks, Les Rouges (Reds)
• Coach: John Herdman
• Captain: Atiba Hutchinson
• Top Scorer: Cyle Larin (25)
• Most Caps: Atiba Hutchinson (97)
Canada’s biggest problem is its inexperience, as its players have considerably less experience on the world stage than those from the top teams. Most of the squad’s international play comes from CONCACAF competitions within the Western Hemisphere. Injuries to key players just prior to the final roster selection diminished Canada’s chances even more. Nevertheless, Canada has recently become a rising star in world football thanks to its recent strong CONCACAF performances.
Most of Canada’s roster comes from MLS teams in the United States and Canada. Only a few, like, forward Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich), have considerable European experience, while others, like Cyle Larin (Club Brugge) and goalkeeper Milan Borjan (FC Belgrade) with experience playing in the Europa League.
• Captain and veteran defender Atiba Hutchinson (Besiktas) may play a major role in controlling the defense.
• Forward Alphonso Davies has been called a phenom by Bayern Munich teammate Thomas Mueller. He’s sure to be a scoring threat.
• Tajon Buchanon (Club Brugge), named Best Young Player at the Concacaf Gold Cup in 2021, could also be a scoring threat.
Other Notable Players:
• Jonathan David (Forward, Lille)
• Stephen Eustaquio (Midfielder, FC Porto)
• Alistair Johnston (Defender, FC Montreal)
• Samuel Piette (Midfielder, FC Montreal)
Prior Matches Between Belgium and Canada
Canada and Belgium have only played once before in international competition, in June 1989. Belgium won the game 2-0.
What’s the Venue For Belgium vs Canada’s World Cup Match?
The opening game of Group F will be at Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium, home to Al-Rayyan SC and one of the largest sporting complexes in Qatar.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
What to Know Before You Go
Many experts consider Group F the most challenging group in Qatar 2022. Unless Canada surprises two of the teams, they will most likely head home after the Group Stage.
FuboTV is our recommended service for watching the games.
Can I watch Belgium vs Canada for free at the World Cup?
Yes, those based in the United States can watch Belgium vs Canada for free, through various resources. It will be broadcast on Fox and on Telemundo, so as long as you have at least one of those affiliates nearby, you just need an antenna and television to take in the action. Also, since it will be played during the competition’s first four days, the Telemundo broadcast may be streamed on the free version of Peacock.
Will the radio air the Belgium vs Canada World Cup match?
If you would prefer to listen to an audio broadcast of the Belgium vs Canada game, whether because you are driving then or for different reasons, you may utilize SiriusXM to do so. That satellite and online radio provider is broadcasting all 64 contests of this competition, including this one. Tune into channel 83 to catch FOX Sports commentary bring all of the action to you.
Has Canada played Belgium before?
Canada and Belgium have only faced each other once before, never in a competitive meeting. That previous contest, which was played on June 9, 1989, was a friendly that was hosted by Canada in Ottawa. However, the visitors secured the victory, prevailing by a 2-0 score, thanks to goals by Marc Degryse and Jan Ceulemans. Belgium was in the midst of 1990 World Cup qualifying, which it would qualify for, while Canada was already eliminated.
Is Belgium better than Canada?
Heading into the contest, most would say that, yes, Belgium is better than Canada. The European side is ranked second in the FIFA ranking, compared to Canada’s placement of 41st. Belgium also placed third at this event four years ago in its 13th appearance while the Canadians have never scored a goal in this competition. However, Canada should not be taken lightly after having finished atop the CONCACAF World Cup qualifying final group stage.
How do I watch each qualifying team in the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Here are our guides to watching each qualifying football team in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 .
Be sure to check our our match schedule too, including today’s games.