The 2022-23 UEFA Quarter-Final is upon us. Watch it on Paramount+!
The 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar kicks off on November 20th and the final Group E match will see Costa Rica face off against Germany with advancement to the Round of 16 potentially on the line. It is scheduled for Thursday December 1 .
In a hurry? Here are the streaming services that will allow you watch all matches in the 2022 World Cup:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Group E Match Television Schedule
Wednesday, November 23 : Germany vs Japan (FS1, Telemundo)
Wednesday, November 23 : Spain vs Costa Rica (FOX, Telemundo)
Sunday, November 27 : Japan vs Costa Rica (FS1, Telemundo)
Sunday, November 27 : Spain vs Germany (FS1, Telemundo)
Thursday, December 1 : Japan vs Spain (FOX, Telemundo)
Thursday, December 1 : Costa Rica vs Germany (FS1, Telemundo)
The FOX Broadcasting family of networks will offer the matches with English commentary, while the Telemundo version will feature the Spanish announce team.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
How to Watch Qatar 2022
In addition to the cable channels listed above, there are several streaming services that will allow association football fans without cable to watch the matches as well.
DIRECTV STREAM, FuboTV, Vidgo, Hulu + Live TV, Sling TV, and YouTube TV are among the services that offer FOX, FS1, and/or Telemundo. Several of these also offer trial periods where viewers can try out the service before having to pay.
Additionally, NBC’s streaming platform Peacock will carry Telemundo’s Spanish-language broadcasts for every game throughout the tournament. The matches will not be available with the free tier, however. Users will have to pay for either Premium or Premium Plus subscriptions.
How to Watch Costa Rica vs Germany in Every Country
- United States: Peacock (Streaming, App), Fox Sports 1 (TV, Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Universo - NBC.com (TV, Streaming, App), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App)
- Canada: TSN1 (Streaming, App), TSN3 (Streaming, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App)
- United Kingdom: ITV Hub (Streaming)
- Germany: Das Erste (TV, Streaming, App)
- France: Free (TV, Streaming, App), beIN SPORTS (TV, App)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: Vidio (TV, Streaming, App)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: Voot Select (Streaming, App), JioTV (TV, Streaming, App)
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Be sure to check out our deals page on ExpressVPN, NordVPN, SurfShark and PureVPN.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Costa Rica vs Germany: The Matchup
Germany is heavily favored to win the match, although upsets have happened regularly during previous World Cup tournaments. That said, the German team has been on a bit of a losing streak as of late, while fortune seems to be favoring Costa Rica.
Nickname: Los Ticos
FIFA World Ranking: 31st
Manager: Luis Fernando Suarez
Captain: Bryan Ruiz
Key Player: Celso Borges
Qualifiers Record: 8-3-4
Previous Appearances: Five
Los Ticos have qualified for the Group Stage for only the sixth time in the country’s history and will have much to prove in their Group E matchup against the formidable German club. However, luck appears to be on their side already, as they only advanced from qualifiers after winning the CONCACAF–OFC play-off game against New Zealand.
The team also has an extra bit of motivation, as three of the nation’s greatest-ever players, Keylor Navas, Bryan Ruiz, and Celso Borges will be making their final tournament appearances before retirement. The three players took the team to the quarterfinals in 2014 and will hope to surpass that mark during their farewell tour.
However, the veteran experience of the club comes at the expense of age, as they will be facing much younger squads during the Group Round phase of the tournament. During qualifiers, Bryan Ruiz in particular did not perform to the high standards he’s been known for his long career. However, the team’s manager, Luis Fernando Suárez, said Ruiz would be on the roster in Qatar due to his years of leadership on the team.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Nickname: National 11
FIFA World Ranking: 11th
Manager: Hansi Flick
Captain: Manuel Neuer
Key Player: İlkay Gündoğan
Qualifiers Record: 9-1-0
Previous Appearances: 19, including four championships
Germany has been a powerhouse in previous tournaments, with its four championship titles being tied with Italy for second-most all-time, behind only Brazil. This year looks to be no exception, after nine wins in qualifiers, including a 9-0 victory over Liechtenstein and 6-0 against Armenia. They ended with a massive goal differential of 32. allowing only four goals in three games with seven shutouts.
Midfielder İlkay Gündoğan looks to lead his team to victory once again, having won four Premier League titles with Manchester City, four EFL Cups, and an FA Cup. He was also the club’s leading scorer in qualifiers, netting five goals in ten games.
However, they have not found success in recent days. Since the qualifiers ended earlier this year, the club has won only one of its past seven games. The defense has been the primary issue with the club, as the squad has given up goals in seven of its last eight games.
Eight years ago, they won it all. Four years ago, they were eliminated in the Group Stage. The club’s manager, Hansi Flick, took over from longtime head coach Joachim Löw last year and the team’s performance under their new manager is uncertain.
The two clubs have faced each other several times in the past, with the most notable being the 2006 FIFA tournament, which took place in Germany. That contest saw the host country’s team defeat the Costa Rican squad by a score of 4-2.
What’s the Venue For Costa Rica vs Germany’s World Cup Match?
The event will be held at Al-Bayt Stadium, a retractable roof arena in Al Khor, about 20 miles away from Doha. The stadium first opened on November 30th, 2021, making it one of the newest stadiums in the country. With a capacity of about 60,000 fans, it will be the second-largest venue used for the tournament, behind only Lusail.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
What to Know Before You Go
Germany is the heavy favorite to win not only the match against Costa Rica but also to advance to the Round of 16. However, nothing in football is guaranteed and there have been many shocking results in the tournament’s history. The winner of Group E will face the runner-up of Group F, while the runner-up from Group F will face the winner of Group E.
Could Costa Rica beat Germany and advance to the Round of 16? Tune in on December 1st and find out!
Is it possible to watch Costa Rica vs Germany in the World Cup for free?
The Costa Rica-Germany game will air on FS1 in the United States. It is a “cable” or pay station so you can’t watch it for free the way you can matches airing on Fox or Telemundo. You can, however, watch the game for free by getting a free trial with FuboTV or DIRECTV STREAM.
Will I be able to listen to this match on the radio?
Yes, every 2022 Qatar match will be broadcasted over on the radio. In the United States, you can listen to all games on SiriusXM. This match should also be broadcast on TalkSPORT Radio and TuneIn Premium. The latter features only the audio of the Fox television broadcasts, which may be somewhat wanting.
Have Germany and Costa Rica ever played against each other in the world cup?
Germany and Costa Rica have only played against one another in one other World Cup. It was the 2006 event held in Munich. The home team overcame Costa Rica in their match 4-2. Germany is expected to dominate this game as well but Qatar 2022 was featured a number of upsets.
Is Costa Rica a better team than the German Team?
Germany is considered to be a better team than Costa Rica with a FIFA ranking of 11 compared to 31. In their upcoming match, the probability that Germany wins is 79%. Costa Rica has a slim chance with 7% and a 14% chance that the match will end in a draw.
How do I watch each qualifying team in the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Here are our guides to watching each qualifying football team in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 .
Be sure to check our our match schedule too, including today’s games.
How can I watch other soccer leagues and major games?
These guides provide detailed information: