The 2022-23 UEFA Round of 16 is upon us. PSG plays Bayern Munich on February 14th at . Watch it on Paramount+!
The Quarter Finals of the FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar are here. The fourth and last of them airs on Saturday, December 10th at (EST). Like the Hundred Years’ War, this quarterfinal clash sees the English take on the French, this time at Al Beyt Stadium. It airs live on Fox and Telemundo. Read on for all the details.
In a hurry? The following streaming services will allow you to watch this match and much more:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
World Champion France and England both won their Group Stage rounds. And they both had strong performances in their Round of 16 matches with Gareth Southgate’s side defeating Senegal 3-0 and France beating Poland 3-1. They are currently ranked #5 and #4 according to FIFA. So these should be quite a match.
France comes into this match as the 2018 World Cup defending champions. But either team could win it all.
Quarter Finals Schedule
As the World Cup Quarter Finals begin, we are reduced to 8 teams competing in 4 games. As in the Round of 16, all the games are at different times. The kick-off time of each is either or .
- Friday December 9 : Croatia vs Brazil (Fox/Telemundo)
- Friday December 9 : Netherlands vs Argentina (Fox/Telemundo)
- Saturday December 10 : Morocco vs Portugal (Fox/Telemundo)
- Saturday December 10 : England vs France (Fox/Telemundo)
How to Watch England vs France
All of the remaining World Cup matches will air on the same channels:
So, the match featuring England-France will air on Fox and Telemundo.
Assuming you live relatively close to a Fox or Telemundo transmission town, you can watch this match for free. Just set up an antenna.
The Three Lions and Les Bleus meet at Al Bayt Stadium in Al Khor:
- Saturday, December 10 : England vs France (Fox/Telemundo)
Many people aren’t willing to set up an antenna. And even more would just prefer to stream if they can. Streaming is probably the best option for watching the World Cup. We recommend FuboTV (see our Streaming Guide) for any but the most passing soccer fans. But if cost is an issue, Sling TV is a great choice for only $40.00/mo (viewer’s guide).
There are four more knockout matches after the Quarter Finals:
- Semi-Finals, matches on December 13th and 14th
- Third Place Playoff, match on December 17th
- Final, match on December 18th.
How to Watch England vs France in Every Country
- United States: SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Peacock (Streaming, App), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App)
- Canada: TSN3 (Streaming, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App), CTV Television Network (TV, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), TSN1 (Streaming, App)
- United Kingdom: BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio)
- Germany: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- France: beIN Sports 1 (TV), Free (TV, Streaming, App)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: SCTV (TV, Streaming), Vidio (TV, Streaming, App), Indosiar (TV, Streaming)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: DD Sports (TV, App), Sports18 (TV), JioTV (TV, Streaming, App), Voot Select (Streaming, App)
Game Analysis: England vs France
France and England are arguably two of the best teams in the World Cup, and they will finally have a World Cup Knockout Stage showdown for the first time. This is actually the first time the two monoliths have met in any major tournament knockout stage. So far in Qatar 2022 action, France has won three games and lost one matchup that did not matter. Meanwhile, England has won three games, lost none, and played Team USA to a scoreless draw.
Either team can pick up this victory as both have immense talent. So far, France’s striker Kylian Mbappe has scored five goals and is the undisputed leader for the Golden Boot — and with nine total World Cup goals has smashed the former record of 7 before the age of 24 long held by Brazil’s Pele. Two of those goals were half the goals scored against Poland in the Round of 16.
Despite being down two men (Ben White and Raheem Sterling have both returned to England due to personal circumstances), the Three Lions still had plenty of talent to go round. Goalkeeper Jordan Pickford’s saves kept the Senegalese from scoring. England’s Bukayo Saka and Marcus Rashford have each scored three goals. But it may be Harry Kane who makes history for goalscoring in England. Bundesliga wunderkind Jude Bellingham and Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson together with Kane, put two in the net in the first half against Senegal, and Saka clinched it with a third in the second half.
Gareth Southgate leads an England team that needs to work together to stop France from feeding Kylian Mbappe the ball without allowing it to get to Antoine Griezmann, Ousmane Dembele, or even Olivier Giroud (who also broke a record by passing Thierry Henry to become France’s all time top goalscorer). Defenders Harry Maguire and John Stones will need to step up their game. They must control the midfield on every play because if France ever gets ahead of them, it may be impossible to make a comeback.
At the same time, France may be the champions of 2018 Russia, but they are certainly not guaranteed the win. The team is more vulnerable than some think because of the age of some of their players, like Hugo Lloris. French Coach Didier Deschamps believes that when it comes to top tournament play, it often comes down to who has the best team camaraderie. And France seems to have nailed this aspect.
While getting the ball to Mbappe may seem like a key to victory, he is more than willing to share scoring honors with his fellow players. If England tries to spend too many resources on him, he will assist Griezmann and Dembele so that the scoring threat may be unstoppable.
However, Mbappe has seemed a little sluggish in some of his Qatar 2022 performances. Still, he has already scored more World Cup goals than any other player in history, and he seems to pull it together when needed to turn in outstanding performances.
The game’s most significant question is whether France has the defensive unit to stop England. If they can accomplish that goal, this game should give them clear sailing to take home the Coupe du Monde.
Winning the trophy back-to-back has only been performed twice in history. Italy did it in 1934 and 1938 while Brazil did it in 1958 and 1962. Mbappe says he wants to become a national icon, but England stands in his way.
We’re to the part of the World Cup where you won’t want to miss any matches. England and France are both Top-5 teams in the FIFA rankings, and the winner will go on to face either Morocco or Portugal (with or without Cristiano Ronaldo). Soccer doesn’t get any better than this. Don’t miss it!
What teams have been eliminated from the World Cup?
The following teams were eliminated at the Group Stage:
- Costa Rica
- Saudi Arabia
These teams were eliminated so far in the Knockout Stage:
- South Korea
- USMNT (USA)
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022