The FIFA World Cup starts November 20 in Qatar, and this match in Group H features Portugal and Ghana on November 24. Read on to learn all you need to know about watching this match as the tournament draws near.
In a hurry? This match and all other World Cup matches will be available live on the following streaming services:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 120+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
World Cup Group H Match Schedule
Portugal and Ghana will meet in the second match of Group H which also features Uruguay and South Korea. While Group H is not exactly the group of death (many are calling Group G that this year) each of the four teams has a legitimate shot to move on to the knockout stage.
Below is the complete list of the World Cup Group Stage matches played by Portugal and Ghana, all times are in EST.
- Thursday November 24 : Uruguay vs South Korea (FS1/Telemundo)
- Thursday November 24 : Ghana vs Portugal (Fox/Telemundo)
- Monday November 28 : Ghana vs South Korea (FS1/Telemundo)
- Monday November 28 : Portugal vs Uruguay (Fox/Telemundo)
- Friday December 2 : Ghana vs Uruguay (FS1/Universo)
- Friday December 2 : Portugal vs South Korea (Fox/Telemundo)
Where To Watch
You can watch every game of the tournament in the United States in Spanish or English because Fox and Telemundo own the broadcasting rights through 2026. Every match will be broadcast live on these channels:
To live stream the matches, you will need to sign up for a streaming service that includes a Fox or Telemundo-affiliated channel. YouTube TV, FuboTV, Hulu+Live Tv, and DirectStream are a few of the services that offer coverage.
If you only want to stream matches in Spanish, Peacock is a good low-cost option.
After the group stage is complete, the knockout rounds begin. These are the dates for each of the knockout rounds:
- Sat Dec 3 – Tue Dec 6: Round of 16
- Fri Dec 9 – Sat Dec 10: Quarter-Finals
- Tue Dec 13 – Wed Dec 14: Semi-Finals
- Sat Dec 17: Third-Place Play-Off
- Sun Dec 18: Final
How to Watch Ghana vs Portugal in Every Country
- United States: Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Uforia (App), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Peacock (Streaming, App)
- Canada: TSN3 (Streaming, App), Réseau des sports (TV, Streaming, App), TSN1 (Streaming, App)
- United Kingdom: BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio), STV (TV, Streaming, App), ITV Hub (Streaming), talkSPORT Radio (Radio)
- Germany: ServusTV (TV, Streaming, App), ZDF (TV, Streaming, App)
- France: Free (TV, Streaming, App), beIN Sports 1 (TV)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: Vidio (TV, Streaming, App), SCTV (TV, Streaming)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: Sports18 (TV), Voot Select (Streaming, App), JioTV (TV, Streaming, App)
- Ghana: SuperSport MaXimo 1 (TV, Streaming, App), SuperSport Variety (TV, Streaming, App), Supersport Grandstand ROA (TV, Streaming, App), SuperSport Football Plus ROA (TV, Streaming, App), GTV Sports+ (Streaming, App), Digital Satellite Televisio (TV, Streaming, App), SuperSport Laliga ROA (TV, Streaming, App), SuperSport MáXimo 3 (TV, Streaming, App), SuperSport MaXimo 2 (TV, Streaming, App)
- Portugal: Sport TV1 (TV, App), Sport TV (TV, App), TVI Player (App), TVI (TV), Antena 1 (Streaming, App, Radio)
Portugal vs Ghana The Teams
At no. 61, Ghana is the lowest-ranked team playing in Qatar in 2022, ranked even lower than the host country. Portugal, on the other hand, is ranked no. 8 in the world and considered one of the favorites at 16/1 odds to win the whole thing. On paper, this is a sure win for Portugal, but Ghana is a scrappy, defensive-minded team that plays fast and could give Portugal some problems.
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Be sure to check out our Cyber Monday 2022 deals on ExpressVPN, NordVPN, SurfShark and PureVPN.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
- Nickname: A Seleção (The Selection)
- Coach: Fernando Santos
- Captain: Cristiano Ronaldo
- Top Scorer: Cristiano Ronaldo
- Most Caps: Cristiano Ronaldo
At the 2018 Cup, Portugal had a disappointing finish losing to Uruguay in the Round of 16. This will presumably be Cristiano Ronaldo’s final shot at the trophy, and if he can find his form from 2018, Portugal will have a shot.
Portugal, however, is much more than just Ronaldo and everyone else. His teammate from Manchester United, Bruno Fernandes is a creative and talented midfielder and there are other stars on the club level as well. Portugal, however, has yet to perform up to their potential in the last few Cups.
- The relationship between Ronaldo and Fernandes is strained at best, one of the keys will be how they play together.
- In the past, Ronaldo’s stature has overshadowed other legitimate Portuguese stars and it is up to their manager to get the best out of his players.
- South Korea and Uruguay could pose a challenge to Portugal’s standing and they will have to play hard to come out of the Group on top.
Other notable players:
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Bruno Fernandes
- Bernardo Silva
- Ruben Neves (Wolverhampton Wanderers, Midfielder)
- Rafael Leão (AC Milan, Forward)
- João Félix (Atlético Madrid, Forward)
- Ruben Dias
- Diogo Costa (Porto, Goalkeeper)
- Nickname: Black Stars
- Coach: Otto Addo
- Captain: André Ayew
- Top Scorer: André Ayew
- Most Caps: André Ayew
Ghana made their first Cup appearance in 2006 and followed that up in 2010 and 2014 before missing out on Russia in 2018. They are back this year despite being 61 in the FIFA world rankings because of what is known as the “away goals rule” where when the total number of goals and points is the same, the tiebreaker is who scored the most goals away from their home stadium.
Their center midfielder Thomas Partey is Ghana’s most talented player and everything runs through him. In 2010, Ghana made a run to the quarterfinals of the Cup with players such as Asamoah Gyan. André Ayew is the lone holdover from that team and brings some good veteran leadership as well as quite a few international caps and goals. Both of these players will have to play well for Ghana to have any chance at success.
- The skill and creativity of Thomas Partey to lead this team from the midfield.
- Can 18-year-old Abdul Fatawu Issahaku be the breakout player of the group? If so Ghana may have a chance to surprise some people.
- As the lowest-ranked team in the tournament, Ghana can either come out defeated or with a chip on their shoulder and how they choose to come out of the gate will go a long way in their success.
Other notable players:
- Thomas Partey (Midfielder, Arsenal)
- André Ayew (forward, Al Sadd SC)
- Abdul Fatawu Issahaku (Forward, Sporting CP)
- Tariq Lamptey (Defender, Brighton & Hove Albion)
- Jordan Ayew (Forward, Crystal Palace)
Prior Matches Between Ghana and Portugal
Portugal and Ghana played together in Group G of the 2014 Cup where Christiano Ronaldo scored his first and only goal of the tournament and Portugal won 2-1.
What’s the Venue For Ghana vs Portugal’s World Cup Match?
Portugal and Ghana will be playing at Stadium 974 in Doha, Qatar, Thu Nov 24 . It was constructed in 2021 and is a temporary venue made from recycled shipping containers. The stadium holds close to 40,000 spectators.
What to Know Before You Go
Portugal should win this match as they are the overpowering favorites, but a draw for Ghana would give them confidence and the inside track to move on to the knockout round. Two teams will come out of Group H, and this match will go a long way in deciding what kind of tournament Portugal is going to have in 2022.
Can I watch Portugal vs Ghana for free at the World Cup?
Because Fox and Telemundo own the broadcasting rights to the Cup, you can watch Portugal vs Ghana on Fox, Fox Sports 1 (FS1), Telemundo, and Universo. You can also live stream the matches on the Fox app on your smartphone or tablet. Subscribers of Sling TV, YouTube TV, Hulu Live TV, FuboTV, and more will find this match on the Fox or Telemundo channel associated with each streaming service.
Will the radio air the Portugal vs Ghana World Cup match?
TalkSPORT radio and BBC Radio 5 Live are two places where World Cup matches will be broadcast live on the radio. The most notable, however, is the Sirius XM channel 83 which is owned by Fox. Sirius XM radio requires a paid subscription, but because it is the Fox radio channel, you can expect a high-quality broadcast.
Has Ghana played Portugal before?
Portugal and Ghana played for the first and last time in the group stage of the 2014 World Cup. While neither Ghana nor Portugal advanced, Ronaldo’s Portuguese team won the match 2-1, a score that included Christiano Ronaldo’s first and last goal of the Cup. Portugal has a richer soccer history than Ghana, but Ghana is a tough out and Portugal needs an outright win to secure the three points.
Is Portugal better than Ghana?
According to the experts, Portugal is a better team than Ghana, but that does not mean that Ghana cannot win. Portugal is ranked no. 9 in the world, but has a history of poor performances in past Cup competitions. Ghana, on the other hand, seems to step up and play harder when they are counted out, so keep your eyes out in this match to see who will come out on top.
How do I watch each qualifying team in the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Here are our guides to watching each qualifying football team in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 .
How can I watch other soccer leagues and major games?
These guides provide detailed information:
Sling TV: Top Halloween Selections Every Horror Fan Will Love - 10/22/2022
Coming Soon: New Arrivals On Hulu Live In August And Beyond- 07/31/2022
How to Watch Live TV on Hulu- 07/17/2022