The group stages of Qatar 2022 begin on Sunday, November 20, 2022. The final games for Group B are set for Tuesday, November 29. A battle between British teams brings Group B to a close. Wales Vs England is one of the anticipated fixtures at the tournament. The game kicks off at 2 pm at the Ahmad bin Ali Stadium, also known as the Al Rayyan Stadium.
In a hurry? The following services allow you to watch the World Cup matches including Wales vs England:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 120+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Group Stages Matches
Group B appears to be one of the most difficult in Qatar 2022. Wales and England are geographic neighbors and play each other in Qatar, along with Iran and USA.
The Complete list of Group B games is below:
- Monday, November 21 : Iran vs England (FS1/Telemundo)
- Monday, November 21 : USA vs Wales (FS1/Telemundo)
- Friday, November 25 : Iran vs Wales (FS1/Telmundo)
- Friday, November 25 : England vs USA (Fox/Telemundo)
- Tuesday, November 29 : England vs USA (FS1/Universo)
- Tuesday, November 29 : Iran vs USA (Fox/Telemundo)
How to Watch Wales vs England in Every Country
- United States: Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Universo - NBC.com (TV, Streaming, App), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Fox Sports 1 (TV, Streaming, App), Peacock (Streaming, App)
- Canada: TSN3 (Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), TSN1 (Streaming, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App)
- United Kingdom: BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio), BBC Sport (TV, Streaming, App), S4C (TV, Streaming, App), BBC One (TV, Streaming, App)
- Germany: Das Erste (TV, Streaming, App)
- France: beIN Sports 1 (TV), Molotov (TV, Streaming, App), Free (TV, Streaming, App), TF1 (TV, Streaming, App)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: Vidio (TV, Streaming, App)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: Voot Select (Streaming, App), JioTV (TV, Streaming, App)
Watching Qatar 2022
Every tournament game will be broadcast live in the U.S. through Fox and Telemundo networks. Games will be broadcast in the English language on FS1 or Fox. Spanish language broadcasts will be available through Telemundo and Universo. In the UK, it will be available live on BBC.
There are plenty of streaming options, including Hulu + Live TV, FuboTV, and YouTube TV. Both Sling TV and Vidgo offer Fox networks for streamers. FS1 and Fox networks are available with a base plan from Telemundo. Streamers using Universo need to upgrade their subscription to receive FS1 and Fox networks. DIRECTV STREAM also offers FS1 and Fox for soccer fans.
The group stages of the FIFA tournament run from Sunday, November 20 to Friday, December 2. Following the completion of the group stage, the tournament moves into the knockout rounds. The knockout rounds run from:
- Saturday, December 3: Today: Round of 16
- Friday, December 9: Saturday, December 10: Quarter-finals
- Tuesday, December 13: Wednesday, December 14: Semif-finals
- Saturday, December 17: Third-place playoff
- Sunday, December 18: Final
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Be sure to check out our Cyber Monday 2022 deals on ExpressVPN, NordVPN, SurfShark and PureVPN.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Wales vs England: The Matchup
Two top 20 teams meet in the game between Wales and England. The neighbors and traditional rivals have will bring Group B to a close hoping to top their group. Before the tournament kicks off, let’s get to know the members of these two British teams.
Wales’s World Cup Squad
- Nickname: The Dragons
- Coach: Rob Page
- Captain: Gareth Bale
- Top Scorer: Gareth Bale (40)
- Most Caps: Chris Gunter (109)
Wales is entering its first World Cup in 64 years. The last time Wales featured in the tournament, Brazil’s Pele was an unknown teenage striker. Wales has risen to 19th in the world on the back of a 2016 European Championships semi-final loss.
Gareth Bale is the star player of the Wales team. Bale has kept himself fit for the tournament by moving to Major League Soccer. The former Real Madrid forward achieved his ambition of reaching the tournament finals. The majority of the squad plays in the English leagues, including the lower leagues of English soccer.
- Gareth Bale making his first appearance in the World Cup finals. The LAFC forward and Aaron Ramsay are the heartbeats of the team.
- Brennan Johnson (Nottingham Forest) is a forward playing in his first Premier League season. Johnson has broken into the Wales National Team.
Other Notable Players:
- Danny Ward (Goalkeeper, Leicester City)
- Ben Davies (Defender, Tottenham Hotspur)
- Joe Rodon (Defender, Rennes)
- Joe Allen (Midfielder, Stoke City)
- Daniel James (Forward, Fulham)
- Kieffer Moore (Forward, AFC Bournemouth)
England’s World Cup Squad
- Nickname: The Three Lions
- Coach: Gareth Southgate
- Captain: Harry Kane
- Top Scorer: Harry Kane (51)
- Most Caps: Raheem Sterling (79)
England’s last four years have been impressive under Gareth Southgate. The Three Lions reached the semi-finals of Russia 2018. The Three Lions went one better at the European Championship last year when they lost in the final to Italy. Ranked number five in the world, England will hope Harry Kane can match his six goals at the 2018 tournament. England has been relegated to League B in the nations leagues due to their poor performance.
Midfielder Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund) is one of the hottest properties in European soccer. The attacking midfielder, James Maddison (Leicester City) is the form player in the English Premier League. Maddison has seven goals and four assists in 13 games to start the EPL season.
- Harry Kane needs three goals to become England’s record goalscorer.
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool) and Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United) battling for the right-back spot.
Other Notable Players:
- Jordan Pickford (Goalkeeper, Everton)
- Luke Shaw (Defender, Manchester United)
- John Stones (Defender, Manchester City)
- Jude Bellingham (Midfielder, Borussia Dortmund)
- Declan Rice (Midfielder, West Ham United)
- Raheem Sterling (Forward, Chelsea)
- Phil Foden (Forward, Manchester City)
Prior Matches Between Wales and England
The nations of the U.K. played for the Home Nations trophy up to the 1980s. England has won the last six matches between the teams, with Wales’s last victory coming in 1984. England has won 68 of its 103 meetings with the Dragons. Wales has won 14 times.
What’s the Venue For Wales vs England’s World Cup Match?
The Ahmad bin-Ali Stadium has been completely rebuilt for the World Cup 2022. A stadium in the historic city of Umm Al Afaei has been in place since the mid-1970s. The stadium’s name comes from the Emir of Qatar from 1960 to 1972. The 40,000-seater stadium used 80 percent of the materials recovered from the previous stadium.
What to Know Before You Go
The winners of Group B will face the runner-up from Group A in the round of 16. Group A features Qatar, Netherlands, Senegal, and Ecuador. England and Wales will be hoping to make their way out of the group and advance through the tournament.
Can I watch Wales vs England for free at the World Cup?
Those based in the United States who have a local Telemundo affiliate are able to watch the match for free with an antenna and television. Also, the match is available for free viewing in many countries around the world, including in the United Kingdom (ITV). If you are in the US and do not have access to Telemundo, you can get a free trial from FuboTV or DIRECTV STREAM.
Will the radio air the Wales vs England World Cup match?
In the US, SiriusXM FC will broadcast the Wales vs England match as well as the other 63 games being played at this World Cup. Meanwhile, those based in the UK can listen to BBC Radio 5 Live coverage of the game as well as Wales-focused coverage on BBC Radio Wales (English) and Radio Cymru (Welsh). The game will also be broadcast on numerous radio outlets in a variety of languages around the world.
Has England played Wales before?
England has played Wales 103 times, dating to 1879. However, this will be their first meeting at the World Cup. With that said, they have met numerous times over the years in qualifying for this competition. The countries also played at Euro 2016. England scored a stoppage-time winner, claiming a 2-1 victory, but it was Wales who had more success in that competition’s knockout phase, reaching the semifinals.
Is Wales better than England?
We will find out the answer to that question on November 29th! However, at this point, most would say that Wales is not better than England. For example, England won its qualifying group while Wales finished as runner-up in its and had to navigate the playoffs in order to secure an invite to Qatar. Also, the English side advanced to the final of Euro 2020 while Wales was eliminated in that event’s round of 16.
How do I watch each qualifying team in the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Here are our guides to watching each qualifying football team in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 .
How can I watch other soccer leagues and major games?
These guides provide detailed information: