The 8th Edition of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup starts today. Although cricket is one of the most popular sports in the world, it’s not well covered in the United States. Luckily, you can watch every match for pennies each with Sling TV. Read on to get all the details!
In a hurry? The Cricket World Cup is on so if you don’t want to waste another minute, just sign up for Willow Cricket Monthly. It’s just $7 for the first month and then $10/mo after that. That’s 23 cricket matches for just 30¢ each!
Table Of Contents
A lot of people have a very dated idea of cricket as a slow-moving and genteel game. That isn’t even true for 5-day Test cricket and One Day International (ODI) matches. And it’s even less so for T20. These speedy 3-hour matches are action-packed.
Check out these highlights from the last event.
Thankfully, it isn’t hard to watch all the best cricket in the United States. It isn’t necessary to set up a VPN and try to find a stream from Kayo Sports, Star Sports, or other provider from remote lands.
Sling TV for Women’s T20
Sling TV was the first major live TV streaming service — providing the channels normally delivered with cable to subscribers via the internet. It has long been the choice of US-based cricket fans because it is a great way to get the Willow TV and Willow Extra, the cricket-focused channels.
You can get them alone as the Willow Cricket Monthly plan. It’s just $10/mo but only $7 for the first month. This makes it the cheapest way to watch the 2023 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup and more generally the wide world of men’s and women’s cricket.
If you are looking for more than just cricket, you can combine Willow with a number of other packages. The two most popular Sling packages are the Orange and Blue plans. Each is a full cable replacement plan with the following live TV channels including many sports channels:
- Shared: A&E, AMC, AXS TV, BBC America, BET, Bloomberg Television, CHARGE, Cartoon Network (Adult Swim), CNN, Comedy Central, Comet, Food Network, Fuse, HGTV, History Channel, IFC, Investigation Discovery, Lifetime, Local Now, MGM+ Drive-In, Nick Jr, TBS, TNT, Travel Channel, Vice.
- Sling Blue: Bravo, Discovery Channel, E, Fox†, Fox Sports 1 (FS1), FX, Fox News, HLN, MSNBC, NBC†, NFL Network, National Geographic, SYFY, TLC, USA Network, and truTV.
- Sling Orange: Disney Channel, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, Freeform, and MotorTrend.
The plans are $40.00/mo. Or you can get them together as the Sling Orange & Blue plan for $55.00/mo.
You can add to these plans the Willow Cricket Mini. It contains the same two channels (Willow TV and Willow Extra) for $5/mo more.
And there is much more. Sling TV is the most customizable streaming service with hundreds of channels you can add singly or in small packages. These include non-English packages such as Willow just as Bangla Super, Dakshin, Dakshin Mega, Desi Binge Plus, Hindi, Hindi Meg, Panorama Italiano, Punjabi Super, South Plus, Urdu Pack, Urdu-Hindi, and World Sports.
Live Streaming Devices
Sling TV provides apps for most streaming devices. These include all the standards: Amazon Fire TV (“firestick”), Android Mobile, Apple TV, Chromecast, iOS (eg, iPhone), Roku, and pretty much all web browsers.
It also works with smart TVs based on the Android TV standard as well as models from LG, Samsung, and Vizio. Gaming systems from Xbox and Oculus are supported. And there’s a lot more.
See our Sling TV device guide for all the details.
Women’s T20 World Cup
The ICC Women’s T20 World Cup is structured in a way that ought to be familiar to US sports fans — but you may want to substitute “conference” for “group.”
The event features ten teams. Seven are automatically included (Australia, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and West Indies) and they are combined with one host team and two teams that won qualifying matches.
The teams are divided into two Groups. Each team plays the other for a total of 10 games in each Group.
The top two teams from each Group enter the Semifinals. But this is where it differs from American sports. The top team of Group A plays the runner-up of Group B — and vice versa.
The two Semifinal winners then meet in the Final.
2023 Women’s T20 World Cup
The makeup of the 2023 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup is as follows. First the group A teams:
|Group A Team||W||L||T||Pts|
And then the Group B teams:
|Group B Team||W||L||T||Pts|
2023 Cricket World Cup Schedule
- Fri Feb 10 : Sri Lanka (129/4) vs South Africa (126/9)
- Sat Feb 11 : England vs West Indies
- Sat Feb 11 : Australia vs New Zealand
- Sun Feb 12 : India vs Pakistan
- Sun Feb 12 : Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka
- Mon Feb 13 : England vs Ireland
- Mon Feb 13 : South Africa vs New Zealand
- Tue Feb 14 : Australia vs Bangladesh
- Wed Feb 15 : India vs West Indies
- Wed Feb 15 : Ireland vs Pakistan
- Thu Feb 16 : Australia vs Sri Lanka
- Fri Feb 17 : Bangladesh vs New Zealand
- Fri Feb 17 : Ireland vs West Indies
- Sat Feb 18 : England vs India
- Sat Feb 18 : Australia vs South Africa
- Sun Feb 19 : Pakistan vs West Indies
- Sun Feb 19 : New Zealand vs Sri Lanka
- Mon Feb 20 : India vs Ireland
- Tue Feb 21 : England vs Pakistan
- Tue Feb 21 : South Africa vs Bangladesh
- Thu Feb 23 : Semifinals #1
- Fri Feb 24 : Semifinals #2
- Sun Feb 26 : Finals
Sling TV with Willow is the way for American cricket fans to watch the 2023 Women’s T20 World Cup. And you can watch it all for as little as $7. Sign up now!
Other Cricket Viewing Guides
- General Cricket Guide (Sling TV Guide)
- Test Cricket
- ODI Men’s World Cup
- ODI Women’s World Cup
- T20 Men’s World Cup
- T20 Women’s World Cup (Sling TV Guide)
- Indian Premier League (IPL)
Page Updates ▼▲
Added sub-section. Cross linking.
Added links to streaming services. Updated some section headings. Updated some sub-sections. Various changes to content. Removed section.
Added new section. Added links to streaming services. Added sub-section. Cross linking. Pricing updates. Various content updates.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022