Goodyear 400 is the 16th race of this season’s NASCAR Cup Series that will be held at Darlington Raceway in Darlington, South Carolina on Sunday, May 14 . William Byron is the winner of this year’s race. It is the first of two stock car races scheduled at Darlington Raceway, with the second starting the playoffs later in the year. You can watch all the action from home with Sling TV.
In a hurry? To all NASCAR fans: you can catch all the proceedings from the Goodyear 400 on Sling Blue as it offers FS1 which broadcasts all events from the race.
The Goodyear 400 has been held annually for almost 70 years at Darlington Raceway in Darlington, South Carolina. It’s currently raced on Mother’s Day, the second Sunday in May. You can watch all the action from Darlington Raceway on FS1 included with Sling Blue for just $40.00/mo.
Goodyear 400 Overview
Goodyear 400 is a 400-mile-long NASCAR Cup Series race that takes 293 laps to finish, with the Darlington Raceway being 1.366 miles long. The first stage is 90 laps, the second stage is 95 laps, and the final stage covers 108 laps.
The track has 4 turns with special features that require drivers to race against the wall, causing drivers to earn “Darlington Stripes” from grazing the walls. The circuit is nicknamed “The Track Too Tough to Tame” and “The Lady in Black” by both drivers and fans.
The event has featured NASCAR’s Throwback weekend since 2021, featuring vehicles with paint schemes that honor former teams and drivers. In 2022, Joey Logano of Team Penske won the race with a car manufactured by Ford. He will be looking to add to his single race win this season to improve his chances of qualifying for the playoffs.
Goodyear 400 Schedule
The 2023 Goodyear 400 comes right after AdventHealth 400. Here’s a list of events taking place from the 13th to 14th:
- Sat May 13 – : NASCAR Cup Series Practice (FS1)
- Sat May 13 – : NASCAR Cup Series Qualifying (FS1)
- Sun May 14 – : Legends Q&A at NASCAR Experience
- Sun May 14 – : Pre-Race Experience/Fan Track Access
- Sun May 14 – : Chase Briscoe Q&A at Pre-Race Experience
- Sun May 14 – : Joey Logano Q&A at Pre-Race Experience
- Sun May 14 – : Canine Stars Performance
- Sun May 14 : NCS Drivers Meeting
- Sun May 14 – : NCS Red Carpet Walk
- Sun May 14 : NCS Driver Introductions
- Sun May 14 : Goodyear 400 (FS1)
There are three makes of cars that the drivers use during the race: Chevrolet, Ford, and Toyota.
Here’s the Darlington Entry List with owner and drivers:
- Trackhouse Racing — Ross Chastain, Daniel Suarez
- Team Penske — Austin Cindric, Ryan Blaney, and Joey Logano
- Richard Childress Racing — Austin Dillon, Kyle Busch
- Stewart-Haas Racing — Kevin Harvick, Aric Almirola, Chase Briscoe, and Ryan Preece
- Hendrick Motorsports — Kyle Larson, Chase Elliott, William Byron, and Josh Berry
- RFK Racing — Brad Keselowski, Chris Buescher
- Spire Motorsports — Corey Lajoie, Ty Dillon
- Joe Gibbs Racing — Denny Hamlin, Martin Truex Jr, Christopher Bell, and Ty Gibbs
- Rick Ware Racing — Brennan Poole, Ryan Newman
- Kaulig Racing — Al Allmendinger, Justin Haley
- Wood Brothers Racing — Harrison Burton
- 23XI Racing — Bubba Wallace, Tyler Reddick
- Front Row Motorsports — Michael McDowell, Todd Gilliland
- Legacy Motor Club — Noah Gragson, Erik Jones
- JTG Daugherty Racing — Ricky Stenhouse Jr
- Live Fast Motorsports — Bj McLeod
Goodyear 400 is one of the many races in the NASCAR Cup Series and you can watch it all with Sling Blue by signing up today. Save 50% on Sling TV now!
Page Updates ▼▲
Added table of contents. Updated some sections. Added useful links. Misc content updates.