This Memorial Day weekend, the 64th running of the Coca-Cola 600 will come around in the ongoing NASCAR Cup Series. The event will be held at Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, North Carolina on Sunday, May 28 at . Catch all the action from home with Sling TV.
In a hurry? Fox broadcasts all the race day action from the Coca-Cola 600, and you can watch every checkered flag with Sling Blue. Practice and Qualifying races on Saturday will be on FS1, which is conveniently also included in Sling Blue.
The Coca-Cola 600 has been held annually for over 60 years at Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, North Carolina. It is the 14th race to be held this season in the NASCAR Cup Series. You can get all the action and so much more on Fox, included with Sling Blue for just $40.00/mo.
Coca-Cola 600 Overview
The Coca-Cola 600 is the longest race in the NASCAR Cup Series, going for 400 laps and covering a total of 600 miles (965.61 km). It will be held at Charlotte Motor Speedway, which is a 1.5-mile asphalt speedway that is special as track conditions change with the race going through day and night transition.
The race was the first to be held at Charlotte Motor Speedway in 1960. It was originally known as the World 600, and that inaugural race was won by Joe Lee Johnson. It is usually held on Memorial Day weekend, which is the last weekend of May. The NASCAR race is the third of four crown jewel races: Daytona 500, Winston 500, Coca-Cola 600, and Southern 500. The race is also on the same Sunday as the Monaco Grand Prix and Indianapolis 500.
Darrell Waltrip is the driver with the most wins, five, in 1978, 1979, 1985, 1988, and 1989. Jimmie Johnson is a close second with four. Hendrick Motorsports is the team with the most victories (twelve) and Chevrolet is the most victorious manufacturer, with 25 wins.
Denny Hamlin of Joe Gibbs Racing won the 2022 Coca-Cola 600 driving a Toyota manufactured car. He will look to defend his title this weekend. And Kyle Larson, fresh from his victory at the All-Star Race in North Wilkesboro, will be racing as well.
Coca-Cola 600 Schedule
Here’s the event schedule for the Coca-Cola 600:
- Sat May 27 – : Coca-Cola Practice (FS1)
- Sat May 27 – : Coca-Cola Qualifying (FS1)
- Sun May 28 – : Coca-Cola 600 Driver Introductions (Fox)
- Sun May 28 : NASCAR Cup Series Coca-Cola 600 (Fox)
This is the 23rd year in a row that Fox Sports is covering the Coca-Cola 600. The lap-by-lap announcer will be Mike Joy, with color commentary by Clint Bowyer and Tony Stewart.
Radio coverage will be provided by PRN and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. Radio announcers for the race from around the course include Doug Rice, Mark Garrow, Rob Albright, Pat Patterson, Brad Gillie, Brett McMillan, and Alan Cavanna.
Here’s the Coca-Cola 600 Race Entry List with drivers and their teams:
- Trackhouse Racing — Ross Chastain, Daniel Suarez
- Team Penske — Austin Cindric, Ryan Blaney, and Joey Logano
- Richard Childress Racing — Austin Dillon, Kyle Busch
- Stewart-Haas Racing — Kevin Harvick, Aric Almirola, Chase Briscoe, and Ryan Preece
- Hendrick Motorsports — Kyle Larson, Chase Elliott, William Byron, and Josh Berry or Alex Bowman
- RFK Racing — Brad Keselowski, Chris Buescher
- Spire Motorsports — Corey Lajoie, Ty Dillon
- Joe Gibbs Racing — Denny Hamlin, Martin Truex Jr., Christopher Bell, and Ty Gibbs
- Rick Ware Racing — J.J. Yeley, Todd Gilliland
- Kaulig Racing — A.J. Allmendinger, Justin Haley
- Wood Brothers Racing — Harrison Burton
- 23XI Racing — Bubba Wallace, Tyler Reddick
- Front Row Motorsports — Michael McDowell, Zane Smith
- Legacy Motor Club — Noah Gragson, Eric Jones, and Jimmie Johnson
- JTG Daugherty Racing — Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
- Live Fast Motorsports — B.J. McLeod
The Coca-Cola 600 is one of the many races in the NASCAR Cup Series and you can watch it all with Sling Blue by signing up today. Save $10 on your first month of Sling TV.
Featured photo: Fireworks erupt over opening ceremonies for the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, N.C., May 26, 2019 / photo by EJ Hersom, Department of Defense under public domain via U.S. Department of Defense