If you love wildlife documentaries, then you probably spend a lot of time glued to Nat Geo Wild. But that doesn’t mean you need to keep a cable subscription. Below we describe how to watch it online without a contract.
In a hurry? Nat Geo Wild is widely available in the streaming world. Here are our top choices:
- Fubo: With 150+ channels, it offers something for everyone. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Provides everything you expect from cable with many options. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: Probably the best streaming service in terms of customization with a super low price and a 50% discount on your first month!
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that offers this TV channel. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the sports, movies, and TV you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
National Geographic Wild, or Nat Geo Wild, is a sister station to the popular National Geographic Channel. When you want a close look at nature and animals, this channel offers entertainment that will keep you enthralled.
If you’ve been wondering if you need your expensive cable subscription to enjoy the channel, you’ll be happy to know that it is possible to live stream it through a number of services.
What Is Nat Geo Wild?
Nat Geo Wild is part of the global National Geographic Series. It is owned by The Walt Disney Company and the National Geographic Society.
It airs nonfiction shows that primarily deal with wildlife. You learn about rare animals that have never been seen on TV. Its ultimate goal is to offer unique insight into the world around us, which includes our fascinating environment and the creatures that cover all corners of the planet.
On January 1, 2006, this channel was first started in Hong Kong. After that, other countries began picking it up. In 2010, it was launched in the United States. It was a replacement for the Fox Reality Channel. Today, Nat Geo Wild is seen in 27 countries.
Nat Geo Wild Shows
Throughout the channel’s programming, viewers experience awe-inspiring cinematography and compelling stories.
- Snake City: One of the best wildlife documentaries on Nat Geo Wild. Simon Keys and Sioxie Gillet are two snake catchers who capture and release highly dangerous snakes in South Africa. Get familiar with pythons, cobras, and other venomous creatures.
- Dangerous Encounters with Brady Barr: Since 2005, Brady Barr has been taking viewers on adventures to uncover some of the most ferocious predators in the world. During his “Countdown Crocs” series, he tried to be the first person to capture 23 species of crocodiles.
- Pop Goes the Vet: Many people have sick pets that are taken to the vet. However, this show with Dr Joya spotlights veterinary dermatology. Fans are quite appreciative to learn about various skin conditions that affect animals. For example, she shows viewers when sores, bumps, or blisters should be a cause for concern.
- Dog: Impossible: When you have a dog that is aggressive or misunderstood, Matt Beisner has the answer. He advises people how to handle the behavior of rough animals. Also, he proves that it is possible to rescue and rehabilitate dogs that are trapped in shelters.
- Jungle Animal Rescue: Wildlife SOS is a non-profit started in 1995 to protect the natural heritage and animals of India. Recently, this organization started this series on Nat Geo Wild that follows a team of dedicated vets and conservationists who examine ways for elephants, bears, tigers to exist peacefully among the 1.4 billion people in India.
- Shark-fest: Fans of these incredible creatures have options beyond Shark Week. Each summer, things get dicey in the waters at Nat Geo Wild. Join the channel’s “fin-tastic” celebration of Shark-fest. Go teeth deep into the world’s most stunning predators so that you can appreciate the beauty and science behind these amazing creatures.
National Geographic is a sister channel to Nat Geo Wild. While both offer interesting wildlife footage, the two networks are a bit different.
National Geographic features documentaries and shows that involve science, history, and different cultures. Nat Geo Wild, on the other hand, focuses on animal-related shows. Both complement each other well.
Unblock Your Favorite Movies and Shows With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite movies and shows because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Stream Nat Geo Wild
There are many available streaming services that offer Nat Geo Wild. The only major exception is Philo, which doesn’t offer it or National Geographic.
Fans know FuboTV for its live sports coverage. But it’s a great all-around streaming service with 110+ channels including National Geographic for $74.99/mo. To get Nat Geo Wild, you need the Fubo Extra add-on for $7.99/mo, which adds another 45+ channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
All FuboTV plans come with at least 1000 hours of cloud DVR storage and simultaneous streaming on up to 10 devices. (FuboTV review)
Sling TV offers Nat Geo Wild by purchasing its Blue package for $40.00/mo plus the Heartland extra add-on for an additional $6 per month. You receive a total of 55 channels including USA, Lifetime, TBS, as well as NBC and Fox in select areas. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
This plan comes with 50 hours of cloud DVR storage and streaming on up to 3 devices at the same time. (Sling TV review)
DIRECTV STREAM comes with roughly 80 channels including National Geographic in its base plan for $74.99/mo. To get Nat Geo Wild, you need to bump up to its Ultimate plan for $109.99/mo, which comes with 130+ channels including its unmatched selection of regional sports networks. New customers get 5-day free trial with DIRECTV STREAM.
All plans come with unlimited cloud DVR (online subscriptions only) and streaming on unlimited devices at once. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu has always been a fan favorite for the vast library of shows that it makes available for on-demand streaming. Hulu + Live TV is a step above. With this service, you receive 85+ live TV channels including Nat Geo Wild and National Geographic Channel.
Vidgo does not currently offer a cloud DVR but it does allow you to stream on up to three devices. (Vidgo review)
YouTube TV offers 85 live channels including National Geographic and Nat Geo Wild. It comes with unlimited DVR storage and the ability to stream on up to three devices.
National Geographic App
You can also watch Nat Geo Wild both live and on-demand with the National Geographic App. It also includes east- and west-coast feeds of National Geographic Channel.
The catch is that you need a TV provider to login via TV Everywhere. All the streaming services discussed above allow you to do so.
There are a number of on-demand ways to view Nat Geo Wild.
- Disney+: This service comes with a ton of Nat Geo content. You can get it alone for $7.99 but the Hulu bundle is probably a better deal. (Disney+ review)
- Hulu: Besides some present TV shows from Nat Geo Wild, you can view old series favorites. It costs $7.99/mo. However, we recommend the Hulu bundle. For $13.99/mo, you get Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+. (Hulu review)
- Purchase: You can stream Nat Geo Wild episodes from Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, VUDU, and Amazon. In the past, Microsoft blended certain episodes with its Xbox 360 Connect system. Also, it is possible to gain access to the Nat Geo TV app, which shows live and on-demand Nat Geo Wild shows.
Devices to Live Stream Nat Geo Wild
You can stream Nat Geo Wild on TVs and much more these days. All the streaming services we’ve discussed support most devices.
Every service supports Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and Roku TV devices as well as Android and iOS mobile devices. You can also use mobile devices (and some web browsers) to cast to a TV with Chromecast, built-in or external.
Other than DIRECTV STREAM, each service supports Android TV-based smart TVs. Other than Vidgo, each supports recent model Samsung smart TVs. Hulu, Fubo, Sling, and YouTube each support smart TVs from LG and VIZIO and gaming systems from Xbox. Hulu and Youtube also support the PlayStation.
See our streaming reviews for complete details about supported devices.
Superpower Your Live TV Streaming With a VPN
You can’t beat a VPN for privacy, security, and access. We have used them for years as an important part of our streaming toolkit and we recommend ExpressVPN. Other brands worth checking out include Hotspot Shield and CyberGhost.
|i||See our VPN Buyer’s Guide for complete information on how to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Nat Geo Wild can bring the adventurer out in you. It provides an interesting way to view parts of the planet that are nearly impossible to visit any other way but through a TV camera lens. You gain all the excitement without leaving your living room.
Thanks to the multitude of streaming options, you can cancel your cable subscription and opt for a more affordable way to view the shows that you love. We recommend FuboTV for Nat Geo Wild fans.
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Page Updates ▼▲
Updated some sub-sections. Updated some section headings. Misc changes to content.
Updated some sub-sections. Image changes. Pricing updates.
Added buttons for streaming services. Image changes. Pricing updates. Mentioned offers.
Added VPN info. Image changes. Pricing updates.
Added buttons for streaming services. Updated some sub-sections. Image changes. Pricing updates.
Updated some sub-sections. Pricing updates. Misc changes.
Added sub-section. Image changes. Added some links.
Updated some section headings. Pricing updates. Added a few links.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022