The last few years have seen a revolution in TV. It is no longer necessary to be tied to a cable provider with a long contract. There are many live TV streaming services that are as good, or better, than what the cable companies provide. All this for a lot less money.
In a hurry? There’s lots of information below, but if you just want to start enjoying TV more while spending less money, you can’t go wrong with these services:
- FuboTV: Known for its outstanding sports coverage, Fubo’s 120+ live TV channels provide a broad selection that appeals to most people. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: Offers 40+ channels, including a couple of local network affiliates, for just $40.00/mo. Save 50% on Sling TV!
- Hulu + Live TV: This industry leader in on-demand streaming offers 85+ live channels, covering a broad range of sports, entertainment, and family content. Try one month for $69.99.
- DIRECTV STREAM: The king of RSNs, this is the streaming service for MLB, NBA, and NHL fans. Check out its Choice Plan if you want to watch every game! A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
Table Of Contents
We’ve created viewer’s guides for all the World Cup teams. Learn how to watch the top five teams for free:
Or go directly to the match you want to watch:
We provide simple but detailed information for cord-cutters to get the best possible experience without cable. You will learn where and how to stream different channels, what individual streaming services offer, and how to be cost-effective with your chosen streaming device.
Whether you’re a sports fan, movie buff, parent with curious kids, or just a general TV consumer, we provide you with everything you need to leave your cable contract behind.
What the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and football with Sling TV!
What’s Streaming Now?
Here’s the stuff we think deserves attention. It’s by no means complete, however! All times are Eastern.
Sporting Events This Week
There’s so much going on in sports now with NFL, NBA and NCAA basketball, NHL, and NCAA volleyball. And, of course, the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022! But we are going to highlight the NCAA football Conference Championships. Bowl season is just around the corner, but these games are going to be great:
- Fri Dec 2 : Conference USA — North Texas vs UTSA (CBSSN)
- Fri Dec 2 : Pac-12 — USC vs Utah (Fox)
- Sat Dec 3 : Big 12 — Kansas State vs TCU (ABC)
- Sat Dec 3 : MAC — Toledo vs Ohio (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 3 : SEC — LSU vs Georgia (CBS)
- Sat Dec 3 : American Athletic — UCF vs Tulane (ABC)
- Sat Dec 3 : Mountain West — Fresno State vs Boise State (Fox)
- Sat Dec 3 : Big Ten — Purdue vs Michigan (Fox)
- Sat Dec 3 : ACC — Clemson vs North Carolina (ABC)
NFL Regular Season is on! For more information, see our NFL Viewer’s Guide. And if you are a serious fan who wants the whole season and not just the local and primetime games, see our Out-of-Market NFL Guide.
Want all out-of-market NFL games? Sadly, it isn’t currenly possible to do via a streaming service. For this year, you need to sign up with DIRECTV Satellite. But that’s a small price to pay to get Sunday Ticket!
Movies and TV Shows This Week
There isn’t a lot of great new stuff this week anyway. But there is one exception: The Soul Train Awards are on Saturday at on BET, Logo, MTV2, and VH1 — although only BET will air the Soul Train Awards Red Carpet Special at .
Here’s some recent stuff that you should check out:
- Tulsa King stars Sylvester Stallone. The first episode dropped two weeks ago on Paramount+. It’s definitely one to seek out — maybe even worth subscribing for alone.
- Elton John Live: Farewell from Dodger Stadium features the iconic musician in his last dtour on Disney+. It is now available on-demand.
Watch Sunday Night Football all season long!
Upcoming Sporting Events
The following events are coming up:
- Sep 8 – Jan 9: NFL Regular Season (Viewer’s Guide)
- Nov 23 – Dec 3: Davis Cup Finals (Tennis Viewer’s Guide)
- Dec 4: UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs Holland (Viewer’s Guide)
- Dec 1 – Dec 4: Hero World Challenge (PGA Tour Guide)
- Feb 14 – Mar 15: UEFA Champions League — Round of 16 (Viewer’s Guide)
Why Get Rid of Cable TV?
Some reasons for getting rid of cable are obvious. But there are some that may not have occurred to you.
- Time: Too much television is a waste of time. If you cancel cable and only watch your favorite TV shows, you can spend more time with your friends and family.
- Money: A cable or satellite subscription costs many times more than it does to grab a simple on-demand plan with Hulu and Netflix. Cable is also more expensive than online cable replacement services with live TV channels, like FuboTV and Hulu + Live TV.
- Technology: Video streaming is the future of TV. Soon, all video entertainment will be via an online connection. You might as well get on board now, learn the tricks, and save money in the process.
- Information: Be more informed. Rather than be at the mercy of local news anchors, you will revert to more reputable news feeds like PBS, Bloomberg, CBS News, and LinkTV. For example, FuboTV provides 13 news and information channels, along with all the local affiliates in its base plan.
- Freedom: Cable and satellite providers normally tie you into a long contract, only to give you prices that are still higher than comparable streaming services. Getting rid of cable means getting rid of the contract. Go month-to-month and be flexible.
- Dignity: Stop getting ripped off! Calling up the cable company and canceling your cable will simply make you feel good.
Stream everything in one place. Check out the new FreeCast!
Best Streaming Services
Choosing the right streaming service is probably the most important decision that a cord-cutter will make. There is no absolute “best” streaming service. It all depends on what you want with your live TV streaming plan.
Some streaming services are free, like Peacock TV (although they have a premium plan). Sling TV offers value plans that are low-cost but offer a lot. And the full-featured plans of FuboTV, Hulu Live TV, and DIRECTV STREAM) provide what you would expect from a standard cable plan, but with different bonus features designed to appeal to all sorts of viewers’ needs.
Internet Without Cable?
Most cable TV subscribers also get their internet access from the same place. In many cases, there are other options for the internet. In some cases, cable is literally the only game in town.
We’ve put together everything that cord-cutters need to know about getting internet service. Even if your cable provider is tied in with your internet, you can probably get a reasonably-priced internet-only plan via a downgrade.
There are a lot of aspects of cord-cutting that newbies may be faced with. These range from what’s worth watching, to getting access to particular channels, to buying and installing specialized streaming and recording devices.
We discuss it all. Here are some of our most popular articles:
- How to Watch Local News Without Cable
- Setting Up your Streaming Service Parental Controls
- The Best DVR Without Subscription Fees
- The Best Ways to Get Internet Without Cable for Cord Cutters
- Watching Television in Spanish Without Cable.
Stream Major Events
Major TV events are still a big part of our social lives — just look at Facebook and Twitter during the Super Bowl or Academy Awards. Cord cutters have full access to these events.
For those just starting out, we have primers on how to stream the biggest happenings:
Most major streaming services offer good access to live sports. The standout is FuboTV. But a good low-cost newcomer to the industry is Vidgo. We have articles about everything related to live streaming sports like:
Stream TV Shows
With live TV streaming, you never have to miss your favorite shows, mini-series, and films when they are broadcast live. Here are some of our articles about streaming some recent must-see TV titles:
2022 Black Friday Deals
We are coming up on Black Friday and the deals have already started trickling in. We have a round-up of everything that is happening and well-informed speculation about what will be coming:
Other Cyber Monday 2022 Deals
Here are all the Cyber Monday deals we are following:
Get Started Now
We understand that dumping cable is intimidating. So we’ve written a detailed step-by-step guide to the process on How to Watch TV Without Cable.
It also gives you an overview of all the top streaming services, desirable features to look for, and answers to the most frequently asked questions from to-be cord-cutters.
What are you waiting for? Get started now!
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
- Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11] - 11/15/2022
- Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10] - 11/13/2022
- 🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10] - 11/12/2022