The last few years have seen a revolution in TV. It is no longer necessary to be tied to a cable provider with a long contract. There are many live TV streaming services that are as good, or better, than what the cable companies provide. All this for a lot less money.
In a hurry? There’s lots of information below, but if you just want to start enjoying TV more while spending less money, you can’t go wrong with these services:
- Fubo (formerly FuboTV): Known for its outstanding sports coverage, Fubo’s 150+ live TV channels provide a broad selection that appeals to most people. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
- Sling TV: Offers 40+ channels, including a couple of local network affiliates, for just $40.00/mo. Save 50% on Sling TV now!
- DIRECTV STREAM: The king of RSNs, this is the streaming service for MLB, NBA, and NHL fans. Check out its Choice Plan if you want to watch every game! A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Hulu + Live TV: This industry leader in on-demand streaming offers 85+ live channels, covering a broad range of sports, entertainment, and family content. Try one month for $76.99.
Table Of Contents
2023-24 NBA Season!
The 2023-24 NBA regular season starts Tuesday, October 24th! See below for all the games taking place every day.
|Sat Dec 2||p||Warriors at Clippers|
|Sat Dec 2||p||Timberwolves at Hornets|
|Sat Dec 2||p||Magic at Nets|
|Sat Dec 2||p||Cavaliers at Pistons|
|Sat Dec 2||p||Pacers at Heat|
|Sat Dec 2||p||Pelicans at Bulls|
|Sat Dec 2||p||Hawks at Bucks|
|Sat Dec 2||p||Thunder at Mavericks|
|Sat Dec 2||p||Grizzlies at Suns|
|Sat Dec 2||p||Trail Blazers at Jazz|
|Sat Dec 2||p||Nuggets at Kings||NBA TV|
|Sat Dec 2||p||Rockets at Lakers|
NFL Week 13!
The 2023 NFL regular season has begun! Whether you want to watch your local team or far away franchises that usually air out-of-market, you have lots of options. Fubo will let you watch the whole season. Try it free now!
NFL Games Today
- No games today!
NFL Viewer’s Guides
- NFL Regular Season
- Out-Of-Market Football Games
- Thursday Night Football
- Sunday Night Football
- Monday Night Football
What’s Streaming Now?
We provide simple but detailed information for cord-cutters to get the best possible experience without cable. You will learn where and how to stream different channels, what individual streaming services offer, and how to be cost-effective with your chosen streaming device.
Whether you’re a sports fan, movie buff, parent with curious kids, or just a general TV consumer, we provide you with everything you need to leave your cable contract behind.
Here’s the stuff we think deserves attention. It’s by no means complete, however! All times are Eastern.
Watch the 2023 NFL season with Fubo!
Sporting Events This Week
Here are all the top games:
- Fri Dec 1 : CUSA — NM State at Liberty (CBSSN)
- Fri Dec 1 : Pac-12 — Oregon vs Washington (ABC)
- Sat Dec 2 : BIG 12 — Oklahoma State vs Texas (ABC)
- Sat Dec 2 : MAC — Miami (Ohio) vs Toledo (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 2 : Mountain West — Boise State at UNLV (Fox)
- Sat Dec 2 : American — SMU at Tulane (ABC)
- Sat Dec 2 : SEC — Georgia vs Alabama (CBS)
- Sat Dec 2 : Sun Belt — App State at Troy (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 2 : SWAC — PVAMU at Florida A&M (ESPN2)
- Sat Dec 2 : ACC — Louisville vs Florida State (ABC)
- Sat Dec 2 : BIG TEN — Iowa vs Michigan (Fox)
You can watch all of these games for free with a Fubo trial!
Other Sporting Events This Week
- Oct 24 – Apr 12: NBA Regular Season (NBA Guide)
- Dec 2: Ryan Garcia vs Oscar Duarte Jurado (Boxing Guide)
- Dec 2: Adrien Broner vs Chris Howard (Boxing Guide)
- Dec 2: Michael Conlan vs Jordan Gill (Boxing Guide)
- Dec 2: UFC Fight Night: Dariush vs Tsarukyan (UFC Guide)
- Dec 2 – Dec 3: Matchday 14 (Premier Ligue Guide)
Movies and TV Shows This Week
Holiday fun, a new Twist on a Dickens classic, domestic suspense, see-it-to-believe-it, a Doctor’s 60th Anniversary, bus kidnappings, and 80s-era racial profiling. They’re the new releases November 28 – December 4:
- The Artful Dodger (Wednesday on Hulu): Oliver Twist spin-off featuring a grown-up Jack Dawkins (Thomas Brodie-Sangster) in 1850s Australia in this Hulu Original limited series.
- The Perfect In-Laws (8 pm, Thursday on LMN): Murder, mystery, and seduction: everything you’ve come to expect from a made-for-Lifetime thriller.
- The UnBelievable With Dan Aykroyd (10 pm, Friday on History): Dan Aykroyd hunts unexplained phenomena and mysteries through the ages in this new series.
- Doctor Who: Wild Blue Yonder (Saturday on Disney+): The second of three 60th Anniversary Specials, this one features the return of fan favorites the 11th Doctor (David Tennant) and Donna (Catherine Tate).
- Chowchilla (9 pm, Sunday on CNN): Recalling the 1976 kidnapping of a school bus in Chowchilla, California, including the heroic escape of all 26 children and their bus driver.
- Murder in Boston: Roots, Rampage, and Reckoning (9 pm, Monday on HBO): A new docuseries that explores the 1989 murder of Carol Stuart and ensuing racial targeting that up-ended the city. Also streaming on Max.
All I Want for Christmas Is Romance
If that’s the case, you’re in luck — because you have your pick of Hallmark’s annual Countdown to Christmas, Miracles of Christmas on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, or Great American Family’s Great American Christmas movie lineup. This week, It’s a Wonderful Lifetime joins the bunch, plus a few specials and odds and ends from other services.
- Time for Her to Come Home for Christmas (8 pm, Thursday) on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
- Candy Cane Lane starring Eddie Murphy (Friday) on Prime Video
- My Norwegian Holiday (8 pm, Friday) on Hallmark
- The Shepherd, an original short film starring John Travolta (Friday) on Disney+
- Frog and Toad: Christmas Eve (Friday) on Apple TV+
- A Not So Royal Christmas (8 pm, Saturday) on Hallmark
- Christmas on Windmill Way (8 pm, Saturday) on Great American Family
- Ladies of the ‘80s: A Divas Christmas starring Loni Anderson and Morgan Fairchild (8 pm, Saturday) on Lifetime
- Christmas With a Kiss (8 pm, Sunday) on Hallmark
- The Jingle Bell Jubilee (8 pm, Sunday) on Great American Family
- Mistletoe Match (8 pm, Sunday) on Lifetime
- Blake Shelton’s Holiday Bartacular Featuring Ice T (10 pm, Monday) on NBC
Why Get Rid of Cable TV?
Some reasons for getting rid of cable are obvious. But there are some that may not have occurred to you.
- Time: Too much television is a waste of time. If you cancel cable and only watch your favorite TV shows, you can spend more time with your friends and family.
- Money: A cable or satellite subscription costs many times more than it does to grab a simple on-demand plan with Hulu and Netflix. Cable is also more expensive than online cable replacement services with live TV channels, like Fubo and Hulu + Live TV.
- Technology: Video streaming is the future of TV. Soon, all video entertainment will be via an online connection. You might as well get on board now, learn the tricks, and save money in the process.
- Information: Be more informed. Rather than be at the mercy of local news anchors, you will revert to more reputable news feeds like PBS, Bloomberg, CBS News, and LinkTV. For example, FuboTV provides 13 news and information channels, along with all the local affiliates in its base plan.
- Freedom: Cable and satellite providers normally tie you into a long contract, only to give you prices that are still higher than comparable streaming services. Getting rid of cable means getting rid of the contract. Go month-to-month and be flexible.
- Dignity: Stop getting ripped off! Calling up the cable company and canceling your cable will simply make you feel good.
Looking for missing conservative news channels? Check out Sling TV!
Best Streaming Services
Choosing the right streaming service is probably the most important decision that a cord-cutter will make. There is no absolute “best” streaming service. It all depends on what you want with your live TV streaming plan.
Some streaming services are free, like Peacock TV (although they have a premium plan). Sling TV offers value plans that are low-cost but offer a lot. And the full-featured plans of Fubo, Hulu Live TV, and DIRECTV STREAM) provide what you would expect from a standard cable plan, but with different bonus features designed to appeal to all sorts of viewers’ needs.
Internet Without Cable?
Most cable TV subscribers also get their internet access from the same place. In many cases, there are other options for the internet. In some cases, cable is literally the only game in town.
We’ve put together everything that cord-cutters need to know about getting internet service. Even if your cable provider is tied in with your internet, you can probably get a reasonably-priced internet-only plan via a downgrade.
There are a lot of aspects of cord-cutting that newbies may be faced with. These range from what’s worth watching, to getting access to particular channels, to buying and installing specialized streaming and recording devices.
We discuss it all. Here are some of our most popular articles:
- How to Watch Local News Without Cable
- Setting Up your Streaming Service Parental Controls
- The Best DVR Without Subscription Fees
- The Best Ways to Get Internet Without Cable for Cord Cutters
- Watching Television in Spanish Without Cable.
Stream Major Events
For those just starting out, we have primers on how to stream the biggest happenings:
Most major streaming services offer good access to live sports. The standout is Fubo. But a good low-cost newcomer to the industry is Vidgo. We have articles about everything related to live streaming sports like:
Stream TV Shows
With live TV streaming, you never have to miss your favorite shows, mini-series, and films when they are broadcast live. Here are some of our articles about streaming some recent must-see TV titles:
Get Started Now
We understand that dumping cable is intimidating. So we’ve written a detailed step-by-step guide to the process on How to Watch TV Without Cable.
It also gives you an overview of all the top streaming services, desirable features to look for, and answers to the most frequently asked questions from to-be cord-cutters.
What are you waiting for? Get started now!
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Page Updates ▼▲
Updated some section headings. Updated some sub-sections. Added useful links.
Added links to streaming services. Updated some sub-sections. Cross linking. Image changes.
Added info about guide. Added buttons for streaming services. Image changes. Put related links. Mentioned offers. Cleaned up list.
Added info about guide. Added streaming info. Updated some sub-sections. Added a few links. Mentioned offers.
Added pricing. Updated some sub-sections. Cross linking. Pricing updates. Deleted unneeded sub-section.
Mentioned channel info. Updated some sub-sections. Added a few links. Image changes.
Added links to streaming services. Added info about guide. Updated some section headings. Updated some sub-sections. Added some more links.
Added sub-section. Updated some sub-sections. Linking. Mentioned offers.
Updated one section. Reworded some things.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022