E! is one of the most popular TV channels with news and dishing about the entertainment industry. And given that it is one of the most popular channels, it is also relatively easy to watch it without cable. Read on to learn how!
In a hurry? You can’t do better than these streaming services to get full access to E!
- Fubo: With 150+ channels, it offers something for everyone. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Provides everything you expect from cable with many options. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: Probably the best streaming service in terms of customization with a super low price and a 50% discount on your first month!
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that offers this TV channel. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the sports, movies, and TV you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
If you enjoy celebrity gossip and the latest news from the entertainment industry, E! is a place to be. Although many networks offer shows that deal with Hollywood happenings, E! Entertainment’s entire lineup will fill your day with relevant information.
Luckily, you don’t require a cable TV subscription to watch this network. Simply having an internet connection and a streaming service will allow you to enjoy all the fun.
What is E!?
On Jul 31, 1987, the MovieTime network was launched. Later, at the helm of Lee Masters, this was turned into E! Entertainment.
Masters’ expertise in the entertainment industry came from his time as general manager of MTV. He wasn’t afraid to mix things up and to think outside of the box when it came to celebrity television.
His influence brought to E! an unusual form of entertainment and celebrity content. Programs spotlighted Hollywood stars but included their input. He gave them partial control that wasn’t present anywhere else.
E! Entertainment Programming History
In the early 1990s, Howard Stern put his face on television while taping on the radio. E! gave him a talk platform that riveted viewers.
Also, Joan Rivers extended her talk show persona and became the network’s fashion guru. After celebrities walked the red carpet, Joan would give a complete blow-by-blow of who wore what best.
Also, extremely popular was the series Talk Soup. The format followed comedic commentary of the week’s most famous talk show clips. Thanks to the inexpensive production and high ratings that attracted advertisers by the bushel, the show brought millions in yearly network revenue.
The most lucrative production of the network, however, was E! News Daily. It was set up like a regular newscast but only covered Hollywood events.
Recent Events and Today
By the mid-90s, E! was a mainstay in the cable television industry. To please the 20-something demographics, it bought off-network rights to Fox shows like Melrose Place. Although Masters considered entering the world of syndication, he realized that it would only detract from his network.
Today, E! is under the ownership of NBCUniversal. Also, it joins a lineup of sister channels that provide high entertainment value. Some of the most popular include Bravo, Oxygen, and USA. The channels are well-known for their unique and specialized broadcasting efforts.
Unblock Your Favorite Movies and Shows With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite movies and shows because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
To repeat, the key to E!’s success has been its ability to produce fun and inexpensive programs. Today, the lineup is filled with a number of popular TV shows.
- E! News: This continues to be the flagship show of the channel. It delivers the best place to look at celebrity news and gossip.
- Total Bellas: This reality series follows the two sisters in the Bella family. Although known for their life inside of the wrestling world, you get a glimpse of how things go down outside of the arena.
- E! True Hollywood Story: Who doesn’t want to catch a behind the scenes recap of celebrities that have been in the news from scandals or death? This show uncovers the secrets of the Hollywood elite and delivers it right to your living room.
- Clash of the Cover Bands: This is an American reality music competition that pits two similar bands head-to-head to cover popular songs. In the end, the winner receive cash prizes.
- The Soup: A continuation of the network’s longest running series, this show blends the best viral videos of the moment, the top reality TV clips, and a sharp sense of humor from host Jada Catta-Preta. It remains a pop culture classic.
- Celebrity Game Face: The pandemic has transformed the kinds of broadcasting that is possible. More and more shows are taped outside of studios, including this one. Hosted by Kevin Hart, each episode dares celebrity couples with trivia and various physical challenges.
E! on Live TV Streaming Services
Luckily, E! is available in the base plans for all of the major streaming services except Philo. Here’s a closer look at some of the most popular options.
- FuboTV: If you are a sports fan, you’re probably already familiar with FuboTV. The streaming service offers E! along with even better local channel coverage than Hulu. It gives you 130+ channels in total including 35+ that are sports-focused for $74.99/mo. This does come at the cost of Turner (CNN, TBS, TNT, and TCM) and A&E (FYI Channel, History Channel, Lifetime, Lifetime Movie Network, and Vice TV). It comes with 1000 hours of cloud DVR and simultaneous streaming on up to 10 devices. (FuboTV review)
- Sling TV: The Sling Blue plan includes E! in this 40+ channel lineup. It also includes access to Fox and NBC in select markets — unusual in a plan for just $40.00/mo. It also includes HGTV and NFL Network. And it provides streaming on up to 3 devices simultaneously and 50 hours of cloud DVR. (Sling TV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM (formerly AT&T TV): At the lowest tier of $79.99/mo, the streaming service provides all the channels you associate with a cable provider including E! Entertainment. It’s upper tiers offer lots more including the industry’s best access to regional sports networks (RSNs). All plans come with unlimited DVR storage and streaming on unlimited devices. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + LiveTV: For $76.99/mo, you get an excellent selection of 85+ live TV channels including all your local networks (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC) — including Spanish-language Telemundo. In addition, you get the standard Hulu on-demand library, Disney+, and ESPN+. The only thing missing is AMC and related channels (BBC America, IFC, Sundance TV, WE tv), but that’s minor. Finally, it comes with streaming on up to two screens at once, unlimited cloud DVR and, up to 9 months of storage. (Hulu + Live TV review)
Other Ways to Stream
- YouTube TV: This service offers 100+ top channels in various genres for $72.99/mo. It features unlimited DVR storage and streaming on up to 3 devices.
- Peacock: NBCUniversal’s streaming service provides access to E! on-demand for $4.99/mo.
- E! App: You can watch E! live and on-demand through their app. But you must already have a TV provider like Sling TV to unlock the content with TV Everywhere.
Superpower Your Live TV Streaming With a VPN
You can’t beat a VPN for privacy, security, and access. We have used them for years as an important part of our streaming toolkit and we recommend ExpressVPN. Other brands worth checking out include Hotspot Shield and CyberGhost.
|i||See our VPN Buyer’s Guide for complete information on how to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
TVs and Devices to Stream E!
The services we discussed above most likely support the streaming devices you already own. They all support the following:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android mobile
- Apple TV
- iOS (iPhone,iPad)
- Samsung smart TVs
- Web browsers.
Other than DIRECTV STREAM, they all support Android TV devices. Xbox gaming systems are supported by Fubo, Hulu, and Sling. PlayStation units are supported by Hulu.
Get the complete details in our streaming reviews, which list every device (including the less-popular ones).
It is often nice to escape into the world of celebrities and to immerse yourself in the hijinks of pop culture. E! provides an oasis. Thankfully, it is simple to stream this network without a cable subscription.
Any of the above-mentioned streaming services allow you to enjoy the network. We recommend Hulu + Live TV although if you are on a budget, Sling TV is the way to go. In the end, you will truly understand that E! really does stand for entertainment.
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Page Updates ▼▲
Updated some section headings. Updated some sub-sections. Image changes.
Image changes. Linking. Mentioned offers.
Added buttons for streaming services. Added VPN info. Image changes. Misc changes.
Updated some sub-sections. Pricing updates.
Added sub-section. Added a few links. Various content updates.
Added a few links.
Linking. Changed a few bits of content.
Added some more links. Small layout changes. Various content updates.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022