The Critics’ Choice Awards were set to Sunday, January 9, at 7 pm EST. But they have been delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will update here when a date is set.
In a hurry? 27th Critics’ Choice Awards will be airing on both The CW and TBS. So if you are well-situated, you can watch it for free via antenna. Otherwise, these are our top choices for the show:
- Hulu + Live TV: Get 80+ live channels in addition to Disney+ and ESPN+. Try it free for a week!
- FuboTV: With over 100 channels, this is an especially great choice for sports fans. Check it out with a free 7-day trial!
- Sling TV: This low-cost streaming service gives you over 40 channels for just $35 per month. Try the first month for just $10 to see if it’s right for you!
Table Of Contents
If you don’t have cable, you may be wondering if you can still watch. Well, we have good news for you — read on to see how you can watch the Critics Choice Awards online without cable TV.
Watch The Critics Choice Awards Online
The Critics Choice Awards will be broadcast on The CW. While this used to be a difficult channel to stream, there are plenty of ways to watch The CW without cable now. There is a handful of streaming services that allow you to stream live channels to your mobile device, computer, and even TV using a Roku or similar device.
Two of our favorite services you can use for a Critics Choice live stream include FuboTV and Hulu with Live TV. Both offer affordable ways to stream The CW, along with popular channels like CBS, ESPN, AMC, and more. Below, we’ll go into more detail on each service.
Live Stream the Critics Choice Awards on fuboTV
FuboTV offers 100+ channels live without cable. At $64.99 per month, fuboTV is right in line with other live streaming services, except it offers more channels at the price point. The service allows you to get The CW without cable in most areas, making it a great way to watch the 27th Annual Critics Choice Awards online. You’ll also get programming from channels like FX, AMC, USA, TNT, and more. More info on fuboTV:
- $64.99/mo with no contract–cancel at any time
- 100+ channels
- Local channels including The CW in most areas
- An on-demand library
- Access to TV Everywhere apps
- Stream on most devices, such as Roku, Chromecast, computers, mobile, and more
- Cloud-DVR to record shows
Watch The Critics Choice Awards without Cable on Hulu + Live TV
Hulu with Live TV is a great cable TV alternative, with over 80 channels and the entire content library from Hulu’s on-demand service in one package. It’s like having a cable subscription plus Netflix… for way cheaper. More info on Hulu Live:
- Over 80 live channels plus Hulu on-demand library
- Disney+ and ESPN+ included
- Watch TNT, ESPN, and other popular channels
- Get local channels like The CW
- Hulu Original programming
- Cloud-based DVR
- Only $69.99 per month with no contract
- Watch on devices like Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, mobile devices, and more
Other Ways to Watch the Critics Choice Awards without Cable
Here are a few other ways you can watch the Critics Choice Awards without cable:
- DIRECTV STREAM (formerly AT&T TV) – $69.99 a month gives you 75+ channels. Read our DIRECTV STREAM review.
- YouTube TV – $64.99/mo gives you 85+ channels. Read the YouTube TV review.
- Antenna — The CW is available for free in many areas using an antenna. We recommend an antenna like the Mohu Leaf or ClearStream 2MAX for most people.
Critics Choice Awards Streaming FAQ
What channel are the Critics Choice Awards on?
The Critics Choice Awards are on The CW, which is available free over-the-air or on various streaming services like fuboTV.
When do the Critics Choice Awards Come on?
The 27th Annual Critics Choice Awards air on Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 7 pm ET.
Will the Critics Choice Awards Air Again?
While the Critics Choice Awards may not reair, fuboTV does have a 3-day on-demand replay. There’s also a cloud-DVR so you can record it and watch at a later time.
How to Watch Other Awards Programs
Here’s how to watch other popular awards programs throughout the year: