It’s time for March Madness Sweet Sixteen! Watch it all with Paramount+ and Sling TV!
Get all the details including complete men’s and women’s schedules in our March Madness Guide.
The last few years have seen a revolution in TV. It is no longer necessary to be tied to a cable provider with a long contract. There are many live TV streaming services that are as good, or better, than what the cable companies provide. All this for a lot less money.
In a hurry? There’s lots of information below, but if you just want to start enjoying TV more while spending less money, you can’t go wrong with these services:
- FuboTV: Known for its outstanding sports coverage, Fubo’s 130+ live TV channels provide a broad selection that appeals to most people. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: Offers 40+ channels, including a couple of local network affiliates, for just $40.00/mo. Save 50% on Sling TV now!
- Hulu + Live TV: This industry leader in on-demand streaming offers 85+ live channels, covering a broad range of sports, entertainment, and family content. Try one month for $69.99.
- DIRECTV STREAM: The king of RSNs, this is the streaming service for MLB, NBA, and NHL fans. Check out its Choice Plan if you want to watch every game! A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
Table Of Contents
Watch MLB Spring Training on Sling TV. Get all the details and the complete schedule.
The 2023 Formula One season is on! Watch the entire calendar with Sling TV for half-price! See our guide on the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix right now!
Also: Top 10 Formula 1 Circuits.
We provide simple but detailed information for cord-cutters to get the best possible experience without cable. You will learn where and how to stream different channels, what individual streaming services offer, and how to be cost-effective with your chosen streaming device.
Whether you’re a sports fan, movie buff, parent with curious kids, or just a general TV consumer, we provide you with everything you need to leave your cable contract behind.
Premier League is headed toward the finals. Don’t miss it with Sling TV! See our Sling schedule and guide.
What’s Streaming Now?
Here’s the stuff we think deserves attention. It’s by no means complete, however! All times are Eastern.
Watch the 2023 NASCAR season with Sling TV!
Sporting Events This Week
Can you tear yourself away with so much to watch? There’s NBA, NCAA Softball, NHL, Pro Bowling, Premier League, MLS, Ligue 1, and UEFA Champions. And yet…
March Madness is now in the Sweet Sixteen phase! You can watch the men’s games on CBS, TBS, and TNT. The women’s games are on ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU. Watch it all by combining Sling TV with Paramount+!
But basketball isn’t the only thing going on. It’s time for the NCAA Men’s Ice Hockey Championship. The initial round was yesterday and today but the second round is this weekend and then the championship is next weekend. Here’s what’s happening now:
- Saturday, March 25 : Cornell vs Boston University (ESPNU)
- Saturday, March 25 : St Cloud State vs Minnesota (ESPNU)
- Sunday, March 26 : TBD vs TBD (ESPN2)
- Sunday, March 26 : TBD vs TBD (ESPN2)
Other Sporting Events This Week
- Mar 20 – 26: Volta a Catalunya (Cycling Guide)
- Mar 21 – Apr 2: Miami Open presented by Itaú (Tennis Guide)
- Mar 24: E3 Saxo Bank Classic (Cycling Guide)
- Mar 25: UFC Fight Night: Vera vs Sandhagen (UFC Guide)
- Mar 25 – Mar 27: Week 6 matchups (XFL Guide — Sling TV Guide)
- Mar 25: Pit Boss 250 presented by USA Today (Xfinity Series Guide)
- Mar 25: XPEL 225 (Truck Series Guide)
- Mar 26: World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play (Golf guide)
- Mar 26: Corales Puntacana Championship (Golf guide)
- Mar 26: EchoPark Automotive Grand Prix (Cup Series Guide)
- Mar 25: Pensacola 200 (ARCA Guide)
- Mar 25-26: Súper Óvalo Chiapas (Mexico Series)
- Apr 1 – Apr 5: Matchday 29 (Premier League)
Movies and TV Shows This Week
The latest M. Night Shyamalan movie, a new adaptation of Great Expectations, and much-anticipated season premiers for Succession and Yellowjackets. It’s the last full week of March, folks, and it’s going out like anything but a lamb. Here’s a rundown of new release highlights this week:
- Knock at the Cabin (Movie Premiere) on Peacock (March 24): Fresh from theaters, the most recent from Mr. What-A-Twist himself. No spoilers.
- Up Here (New Original Series) on Hulu (March 24): Basically a grown-up version of Inside Out.
- Great Expectations (New Original Miniseries) on Hulu (March 26): Another adaptation of Charles Dickens’s novel, this time from the creator of Peaky Blinders.
- Rabbit Hole (New Original Series) on Paramount+ (March 26): A new spy thriller starring Keifer Sutherland.
- Succession (Season 4) on HBO (March 26, ): The final season will wrap things up for the Logan family, one way or another. Stream it on HBO Max.
- Yellowjackets (Season 2) on Showtime (March 26, ): The hotly anticipated continuation of the now-and-then story of a girls’ soccer team stranded in the wilderness.
- Ride (New Original Series) on The Hallmark Channel (March 26, ): A rodeo family deals with tragedy while trying to keep their ranch afloat.
- American Dad! (Season 18) on TBS (March 27, ): Seth McFarlane’s other offbeat animated comedy is still going strong.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Why Get Rid of Cable TV?
Some reasons for getting rid of cable are obvious. But there are some that may not have occurred to you.
- Time: Too much television is a waste of time. If you cancel cable and only watch your favorite TV shows, you can spend more time with your friends and family.
- Money: A cable or satellite subscription costs many times more than it does to grab a simple on-demand plan with Hulu and Netflix. Cable is also more expensive than online cable replacement services with live TV channels, like FuboTV and Hulu + Live TV.
- Technology: Video streaming is the future of TV. Soon, all video entertainment will be via an online connection. You might as well get on board now, learn the tricks, and save money in the process.
- Information: Be more informed. Rather than be at the mercy of local news anchors, you will revert to more reputable news feeds like PBS, Bloomberg, CBS News, and LinkTV. For example, FuboTV provides 13 news and information channels, along with all the local affiliates in its base plan.
- Freedom: Cable and satellite providers normally tie you into a long contract, only to give you prices that are still higher than comparable streaming services. Getting rid of cable means getting rid of the contract. Go month-to-month and be flexible.
- Dignity: Stop getting ripped off! Calling up the cable company and canceling your cable will simply make you feel good.
Looking for missing conservative news channels? Check out Sling TV!
Best Streaming Services
Choosing the right streaming service is probably the most important decision that a cord-cutter will make. There is no absolute “best” streaming service. It all depends on what you want with your live TV streaming plan.
Some streaming services are free, like Peacock TV (although they have a premium plan). Sling TV offers value plans that are low-cost but offer a lot. And the full-featured plans of FuboTV, Hulu Live TV, and DIRECTV STREAM) provide what you would expect from a standard cable plan, but with different bonus features designed to appeal to all sorts of viewers’ needs.
Get access to all our detailed and up-to-date reviews of the major streaming services. You will also get links to free trials so you can make sure a service suits you before you buy.
Internet Without Cable?
Most cable TV subscribers also get their internet access from the same place. In many cases, there are other options for the internet. In some cases, cable is literally the only game in town.
We’ve put together everything that cord-cutters need to know about getting internet service. Even if your cable provider is tied in with your internet, you can probably get a reasonably-priced internet-only plan via a downgrade.
There are a lot of aspects of cord-cutting that newbies may be faced with. These range from what’s worth watching, to getting access to particular channels, to buying and installing specialized streaming and recording devices.
We discuss it all. Here are some of our most popular articles:
- How to Watch Local News Without Cable
- Setting Up your Streaming Service Parental Controls
- The Best DVR Without Subscription Fees
- The Best Ways to Get Internet Without Cable for Cord Cutters
- Watching Television in Spanish Without Cable.
Stream Major Events
Major TV events are still a big part of our social lives — just look at Facebook and Twitter during the Super Bowl or Academy Awards. Cord cutters have full access to these events.
For those just starting out, we have primers on how to stream the biggest happenings:
Most major streaming services offer good access to live sports. The standout is FuboTV. But a good low-cost newcomer to the industry is Vidgo. We have articles about everything related to live streaming sports like:
Stream TV Shows
With live TV streaming, you never have to miss your favorite shows, mini-series, and films when they are broadcast live. Here are some of our articles about streaming some recent must-see TV titles:
We have a list of free trials but we also have a list of major deals from streaming, VPN, and other cord-cutter services:
2022 Cord-Cutters’ Deals Guide
Specific Cord-Cutter Deals
Here are all the deals we are following:
Get Started Now
We understand that dumping cable is intimidating. So we’ve written a detailed step-by-step guide to the process on How to Watch TV Without Cable.
It also gives you an overview of all the top streaming services, desirable features to look for, and answers to the most frequently asked questions from to-be cord-cutters.
What are you waiting for? Get started now!
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022