CBS has a great line up of shows including NCIS, Blue Bloods, Young Sheldon, 60 Minutes, and the Late Late Show with James Corden. It’s no surprise that many people want to make sure they can still watch CBS when they cut the cord with their cable provider.
Table Of Contents
Use a Streaming Service to Watch CBS
With traditional cable you’re stuck watching whatever is on at any given point of time. But, with a streaming service you can often watch CBS programming wherever and however you want.
Many streaming service offer access to live TV and CBS is often included in the default channel package. For a monthly fee you get access to live TV without the contract and headache of traditional cable and satellite TV. These streaming services can be used on many different devices including Roku devices.
How to Watch CBS on Roku
To watch CBS using a Roku device, you’ll need to first get a subscription to a streaming service with Live TV. Most popular streaming services are compatible with Roku devices. Once you have a subscription and have downloaded the stream service’s app on your device, you’ll be able to watch CBS using your Roku.
fuboTV Offers CBS
fuboTV is a sports-centric streaming service offering over 100 channels for $59.99 per month. The service offers more than just sports though. You can also watch the popular entertainment and news channels as well, including CBS. To watch CBS using fuboTV on your Roku use the following steps:
- Install the fuboTV channel from the Roku store.
- Sign up for a 7-day free trial of fuboTV ($59.99 per month after trial period). You can sign up directly through your Roku device. If you want to sign up using a different email address select Cancel to enter a new email address.
- After information is entered a summary of your subscription is displayed. Click Let’s Go.
- Enter your Roku PIN to subscribe.
- Start using fuboTV app to watch CBS on your Roku.
Note that fuboTV is only compatible with Roku 2 or newer devices. For more information be sure to check out our complete review on fuboTV.
Hulu + Live TV Includes CBS
Hulu + Live TV gives you access to Live TV channels as well as Hulu’s complete library of on-demand and Hulu Original content. This is one of the more popular streaming services coming in at $64.99 a month for 60+ channels. The service also offers great coverage of CBS in most US markets. To watch CBS using Hulu + Live TV with your Roku use the following steps:
- Install the Hulu channel from the Roku store.
- Open the channel and sign up for a 7-day free trial of Hulu + Live TV (after the trial it’s $64.99 per month). You can sign up directly through your Roku device using the same email address. If you want to sign up using a different email address select Cancel to enter a new email address.
- Enter your name, birth date, gender, and ZIP code.
- Create a password.
- Click “I Agree” to the subscription.
- Enter your Roku PIN to subscribe.
- Start using Hulu app on your Roku to watch CBS.
If you already have a Hulu + Live TV subscription you can skip steps 2 through 6, and simply sign in after you open the channel. Note that newer Roku models need the latest Hulu app. Roku Streaming Player models 2400 to 3100 and Roku Streaming Stick models 3420 or earlier support the Classic Hulu app.
Check out our review on Hulu + Live TV for more information on the streaming service.
Watch CBS with CBS All Access
CBS All Access is one of the cheapest ways to stream CBS. This is because CBS is the only channel you get with this streaming service. Because of this it is far cheaper than either fuboTV or Hulu + Live TV, only $5.99 per month (Free 7-day trial).
In addition to live stream of CBS in many areas, you also get access to an on-demand library of 10,000+ past CBS show episodes.
- Find CBS All Access channel in the Roku Channel Store and install.
- Open the channel and follow the prompts to Sign Up ($5.99 per month) or Sign In.
- Use your Roku Device: Select ‘On Roku.’ Your device information will be linked to your CBS All Access account. You will need to provide billing information to subscribe. Your Roku PIN will be required to confirm your subscription.
- Sign In or Sign Up Using the Web: Select ‘On the Web.’ Sign in and you’ll get instructions to activate your subscription and your activation code. This code must be entered at http://www.cbs.com/roku using a computer or mobile device.
Once you’ve signed in and activated your device you can start streaming your favorite CBS shows with CBS All Access.
Fans of CBS shows have several options using their Roku devices. Simply sign up for the streaming service that works for you and get started. Don’t have a Roku device? No problem! There are other ways to watch CBS without cable too, which is good news.
If you have any questions about watch CBS on your Roku feel free to ask them in the comments!
More about Roku Devices
Check out our other Roku content:
- What is Roku?
- Roku Smart Soundbar Review
- How to watch Hulu on Roku
- How to watch fuboTV on Roku
- How to watch the Super Bowl on Roku