Comet TV provides a ton of entertainment. And if you are willing to do a bit of work, you can get it absolutely free. Or you can get it with a streaming package. Read on to learn all your options.
In a hurry? If you don’t feel like setting up an antenna or fiddling with external apps, a handful of live TV streaming services include it in their channel lineups. These are our favorites:
- FuboTV: If you like sports with cult favorites, this is the plan for you. Get 110+ channels for $74.99/mo. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
- Sling TV: Get 40+ channels including Comet TV for just $40.00/mo. Save 50% on Sling TV now!
Table Of Contents
Comet TV sounds like a channel that offers out-of-this-world entertainment. It actually is a channel that relates to its name. It offers sci-fi favorites and cult classics that will leave you questioning the amount of unexplained influence that comes from the paranormal.
You have many options for watching Comet TV. You can get it free over-the-air (OTA). You can stream it directly from its website and by using various apps on different devices. And you can get it with a number of live TV streaming services. Soon you can sit back and totally space out!
Comet TV Basics
In 2015, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Sinclair Broadcast Group proposed the launch of an unspecific sci-fi network that would provide a platform for all of the MGM science-fiction movies. On August 5, 2015, Comet TV was officially born.
Comet is an affiliate channel. From the beginning, there were agreements with local television stations, which allowed approximately 60 percent of the country to view its offerings. It was the first national multi-casting venture by Sinclair. Its goal was to provide content throughout all the 162 stations that it operated through at the time. From a business standpoint, things operated similarly to a shared service agreement between a program distributor and a station group.
Today, MGM has sold its share in the network. This has left Comet and Charge, its sister network, at the sole control of Sinclair.
Comet TV Shows
When you are in the mood for an extraterrestrial adventure, Comet is the place to turn. It delivers a nice blend of feature films and off-network series from past decades.
- Farscape: To begin the sci-fi lineup, Farscape follows the escapades of an astronaut who finds himself thrown into a dark part of the universe. As he takes the reigns of a fugitive alien starship, what will happen to the world below?
- Night Galaxy: This show first aired in the 1970s. It was a bit darker than The Twilight Zone, but it continues to pique a person’s interest in the dark fantasy world.
- The Outer Limits: Watch the episodes you missed when you were too busy watching The Twilight Zone — or rewatch. One word: Tumbleweed!
- The X-Files: Who doesn’t remember Mulder and Scully? This pop culture phenomenon lives again on Comet TV. When you need a dose of paranormal adventure, these FBI agents are on the case. Its themes embrace spirituality and conspiracy theories.
Alongside television programs, Comet TV is known for its movie library. Although the titles get shifted, there are quite a few classics and soon-to-be classics that will leave you scared out of your mind. Here is a sample.
- Buried Alive: This is the quintessential horror movie, which centers around a high school for girls that is being terrorized by a serial killer. The headmistress sees visions of people being buried alive, and she wonders how she relates to the events.
- Teen Wolf: In a film that exemplified Michael J Fox’s comedic genius, Teen Wolf teaches the lesson that it is best to celebrate a person’s individual qualities — even if they are decidedly furry.
Unblock Your Favorite Movies and Shows With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite movies and shows because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Watch Comet TV
There are a number of ways that you can immerse yourself in the world is sci-fi on Comet.
As noted, Comet is an over-the-air station. Local affiliates make it possible to watch with an antenna. This is, of course, not the old-style rabbit ears that provided poor-quality images when they presented anything at all. Antennas today are digital and provide HD signals.
It’s easy to set up an antenna. See our indoor antenna guide for all you need to know.
Even though most people recognize FuboTV as a place to turn to for sports viewing, it has broadened its appeal and offers wonderful entertainment options in its base 110+ channel lineup. You can stream Comet through the base package of $74.99/mo. Additionally, you can watch other networks like Disney, FX, and USA.
Sling TV offers a low-cost way to stream various channels, including Comet. You could choose between Blue and Orange packages. Both are $40.00/mo or $55.00/mo for the two together. Sling Blue offers 40+ channels including NBC and Fox. Sling Orange offers 30+ channels including ESPN and Disney.
They both offer 50 hours of cloud DVR storage. For complete details, see our Sling TV review.
YouTube TV offers streaming of 85+ entertainment, sports, and news channels. You can enjoy the extraordinary programs on Comet TV along with unlimited cloud recording for $72.99/mo.
Other Streaming Options
Comet makes it very easy to watch. You can just go to comettv.com and watch the live stream there. You can also watch on Apple TV and Roku devices using the Comet Channel. And you can watch on Amazon Fire TV and Android devices with the STIRR app. STIRR provides a number of other free channels.
Streaming Devices to Watch Comet TV
The three live TV streaming services that include Comet TV support pretty much every streaming device currently in use.
These include all the stick devices: Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and Roku. And they support Chromecast devices, which allow you to cast to your TV. Finally, they support Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
They also all support smart TVs directly. This includes Android TV-based units as well as LG, Samsung, and VIZIO TVs.
See the streaming service reviews we linked to above for complete lists.
Superpower Your Live TV Streaming With a VPN
You can’t beat a VPN for privacy, security, and access. We have used them for years as an important part of our streaming toolkit and we recommend ExpressVPN. Other brands worth checking out include Hotspot Shield and CyberGhost.
|i||See our VPN Buyer’s Guide for complete information on how to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
- SyFy: One of the most popular alternatives to Comet TV is SyFy. Formally the sci-fi channel, this network is owned by NBCUniversal. Home to great original horror and fantasy series, SyFy will have the hairs on your neck standing straight up. It comes with the base plans of FuboTV and Sling Blue.
- Disney+: For $7.99 per month, Disney+ is your streaming headquarters of all things Disney, including Star Wars. For $13.99 per month, you can bundle Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. Stream all types of movies and shows that relate to beings on Earth and beyond. (Disney+ review)
- Paramount+: Any sci-fi fanatic is sure to follow Star Trek. The full range of series is available to stream on Paramount+. For $4.99 per month, you can enjoy 30,000+ episodes and movies on-demand. (Paramount+ review)
- Shout Factory TV: The streaming service with the largest library of contemporary cult favorites — it’s more or less their brand. Besides classics like Mystery Science Theater 2000, you can enjoy original programming, independent productions, and other pop culture classics.
- Amazon Prime Video: Offers a wide variety of programs that are free for prime members. Plus you can rent or buy anything that isn’t included. (Amazon Prime review)
Fellow sci-fi lovers unite to enjoy the entertainment offerings on Comet TV. Endless hours of unearthly activity await! You have many ways to watch. We recommend Sling TV for Comet.
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Page Updates ▼▲
Image changes. Mentioned offers. Cross linking.
Added VPN info. Added buttons for streaming services. Image changes. Various changes to content.
Added buttons for streaming services. Pricing updates.
Added buttons for streaming services. Image changes. Pricing updates. Linking.
Cross linking. Pricing updates. Misc content updates.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022