With more than 40 million users worldwide, Amazon’s Fire TV and Firestick are some of the most popular streaming devices used by people moving away from cable TV. These devices bundle different streaming platforms together helping you replace cable altogether.
However, if you’re a sports fanatic you may be concerned about missing the big game and staying up to date on all of the different scores. The good news is that you can watch ESPN on both Fire TV and Firestick.
In a hurry? ESPN is available on a number of live TV streaming services. These are our favorites:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 100+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
If you can’t watch your favorite movies and shows because of your location, you need a VPN. Here are our top picks from our VPN guide:
- ExpressVPN: Established VPN provider in close to 100 countries. Smart DNS and unlimited bandwidth. Try it with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
- CyberGhost: Great low-cost service with a free 24-hour trial.
FuboTV for ESPN on Fire TV
While many different streaming platforms are available, FuboTV is arguably the best option for sports lovers. With FuboTV you can watch live TV using the Internet on your Fire TV and Firestick.
FuboTV is a paid service that gives you access to several different sports networks ESPN, FS1, and more. This gives you access to a wide variety of sports including the NFL, NBA, MLB, soccer, etc. Basically, Fubo TV gives you cable-like access to sports without the contract.
You’ll also get access to other channels like Fox News, Bravo, Food Network, and so on for those in your household that aren’t into sports. You also get access to cloud DVR storage so you can re-watch the best parts of the game. And you can watch on up to 10 devices at the same time.
Unblock Your Favorite Movies and Shows With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite movies and shows because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Other Options for ESPN on Fire TV
If you’re looking for a bit more, there are other streaming platforms where you can watch ESPN using your Fire TV and Firestick.
Sling TV is a budget-friendly option for accessing ESPN. Starting at $35 a month you can access ESPN as well as other channels like CNN, Comedy Central, and Food Network. It also comes with 50 hours of cloud DVR storage but you are limited to a single screen of content at a time.
While Sling TV is lighter on the wallet, there are fewer channels and less coverage of local sports compared to other options. However, you can add extra packages for as little as $6. Save 50% on Sling TV.
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV starts with 85+ channels, one of which is ESPN. It also includes an exceptional on-demand library, Disney+, and ESPN+ all for $69.99/mo. You also get unlimited cloud DVR storage and streaming on up to two devices.
Try one month for $69.99. Learn more about Hulu with live TV in our full review here.
Can I watch ESPN on Fire TV for free?
ESPN is a “cable” channel, so it isn’t broadcast over the air like ABC. Other than signing up for a free trial, there really is no way to get full access to ESPN for free. Once the trial is over, you will have to pay the monthly subscription fee.
Can I watch ESPN with the ESPN app?
You can watch ESPN (and all the other ESPN channels) on Fire TV or your Firestick with the ESPN app. However, this app requires you to log in using credentials for a TV provider. This can be one of the streaming platforms mentioned above, through a participating internet provider, or cable/satellite TV provider. You may also be able to access ESPN for free through your school or military base.
How do I re-authenticate ESPN on the Amazon Fire TV?
If you are using the ESPN app, you may need to re-authenticate from time to time. In order to do this you simply do the following:
- Go to the ESPN app on your Fire TV or Firestick
- Click on the settings gear in the upper right hand corner
- Under account information click on TV provider
- You’ll be instructed to go to ESPN.com/activate on your computer or mobile device
- Once you’re there enter the authentication code in your Fire TV or Firestick
- Select your provider and log in
- Give it a moment and you should again have access.
Have you tried any of these services for watching ESPN? Let us know which one you like best in the comments below. You can also learn how to watch ESPN on Roku here.
Ditch “Big Cable” Now — 3 Simple Steps to Cutting the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, gain control, and enjoy TV more!