MotorTrend is a popular channel for motor and motorsports enthusiasts. And now cord-cutters can easily access it with a number of different streaming services.
In a hurry? Every major streaming service offers MotorTrend in its base plan. Here are the best services to get it:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 100+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
If you can’t watch your favorite movies and shows because of your location, you need a VPN. Here are our top picks from our VPN guide:
- ExpressVPN: Established VPN provider in close to 100 countries. Smart DNS and unlimited bandwidth. Try it with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
- CyberGhost: Great low-cost service with a free 24-hour trial.
Table Of Contents
If you like motorsports, you’ll likely enjoy watching the MotorTrend television network. The same is likely true if you have a general interest in cars and anything else that can reach speeds of several hundreds of miles per hour.
The network was originally created in 2002 and has had several names such as Discovery HD and Velocity. It obtained its current name in November 2018 when it was rebranded as an extension of MotorTrend magazine.
What Is MotorTrend?
The MotorTrend television network is a joint venture between Discovery Inc and Source Interlink. This entity is better known as MotorTrend Group, which also oversees the magazine that shares the same name.
MotorTrend’s television property broadcasts a mixture of live races, reality television shows, and other programming that is aimed at racing fans and car enthusiasts.
Programming and Shows
There are literally dozens of original programs that are available to stream whenever you want to watch them. A few of the most popular shows include:
- American Chopper
- Bitchin’ Rides
- Chasing Classic Cars
- Dallas Car Sharks
- Faster With Finnegan
- Graveyard Carz
- Inside West Coast Customs
- Iron Resurrection
- Mike Brewer’s World of Cars
The network has also acquired a number of programs such as American Hot Rod, Overhaulin’, Wheeler Dealers, and the British version of Top Gear.
There is also Top Gear America that focuses primarily on cars, roads, and events familiar to car enthusiasts in the United States.
Unblock Your Favorite Movies and Shows With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite movies and shows because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
MotorTrend is not an over-the-air station so you can’t watch it via an antenna. But there are many ways to stream it — both live and on-demand.
Live TV Streaming Services
MotorTrend is one of the few channels that all the major streaming services offer in their base plans:
- FuboTV: A great general streaming service with a focus on sports. Provides 110+ channels with hard-to-find sports channels for $69.99/mo. (FuboTV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM: Formerly known as AT&T TV, it features four plans starting at $69.99/mo. Comes with roughly 80 channels with many options including regional sports networks and premium channels. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Sling Orange: Get 30+ channels for $35.00/mo with dozens of add-ons for additional channels and features. (Sling TV review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Probably the best all around streaming service with an outstanding on-demand library, 85+ live TV channels, ESPN+, and Disney+ for $69.99/mo. (Hulu Live review)
- Philo: Provides a collection of 60+ basic cable channels for just $25/mo. (Philo review)
- Vidgo: A good choice for NCAA sports fans with 100+ channels for $59.95/mo. One downside is that it doesn’t include a cloud DVR. (Vidgo review)
- YouTube TV: Get 85+ channels for $64.99/mo.
Other Ways to Watch
You can also watch MotorTrend content on-demand through a number of channels.
- MotorTrend+: This is MotorTrend On-Demand. It allows you to stream most of the content available on the MotorTrend network and more. It costs $4.99/mo or $44.99/yr.
- MotorTrend Go: Use your existing cable subscription to stream live and on-demand content. Only DIRECTV STREAM, FuboTV, Hulu Live, and Philo support this.
- Amazon: If you have an Amazon Prime membership, you can get the MotorTrend channel for $4.99 after a 7-day trial. It includes access to MotorTrend’s most popular shows. (Amazon Prime review)
- YouTube: Subscribing to the MotorTrend YouTube channel provides you with access to dozens of playlists containing a wide variety of automotive content. For example, you can watch clips of your favorite shows, test drives of vintage vehicles and footage that might not be available on any other MotorTrend cable or streaming channel. New stuff is uploaded each day.
TVs and Devices to Stream MotorTrend
Most likely, the streaming systems above support whatever devices you have. They all support the following:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android mobile
- Apple TV
- iOS (iPhone,iPad)
- Web browsers.
Android TV devices are supported by all the services other than DIRECTV STREAM. Samsung smart TVs are similarly supported by all but Philo and Vidgo. Fubo, Hulu, and Sling all support Xbox gaming systems. Hulu also supports PlayStation units.
These are only the most popular supported devices. Get all the details in our streaming reviews.
Superpower Your Live TV Streaming With a VPN
You can’t beat a VPN for privacy, security, and access. We have used them for years as an important part of our streaming toolkit and we recommend ExpressVPN.
|i||See our VPN Buyer’s Guide for complete information on how to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
MotorTrend’s television and streaming properties provide you with an affordable and easy way to watch your favorite automotive shows. Furthermore, subscribing to the brand’s YouTube channel may be an effective way to connect with others who also share your love of cars.
Does Amazon provide the MotorTrend live stream?
Unfortunately, Amazon does not provide any live streams of MotorTrend’s content. Instead, it only offers the ability to watch the most popular shows and events. However, the content should be available as soon as it goes live. To get a live stream, you need to sign-up with a live TV streaming service.
Does MotorTrend show sports?
As a general rule, MotorTrend does not show live or taped sporting events. However, every so often, you may find coverage of an auto race or some other event that auto enthusiasts may find interesting. Typically, auto races are shown on ESPN, Fox, and other traditional broadcast outlets.
If you want to watch auto racing without cable, these guides will explain everything:
- 24 Hours of Le Mans
- ARCA Menards Series
- Daytona 500
- Formula 1
- NASCAR Cup Series
- NASCAR Truck Series
- NASCAR Xfinity Series.
How do I watch other sports channels?
These guides show you how to watch other sports channels:
- ACC Network
- Altitude Sports
- AT&T SN Pitts
- AT&T SN RM
- AT&T SN SW
- Bally Arizona
- Bally Detroit
- Bally Florida
- Bally Great Lakes
- Bally Indiana
- Bally Kansas City
- Bally Midwest
- Bally New Orleans
- Bally North
- Bally Ohio
- Bally Oklahoma
- Bally San Diego
- Bally SoCal
- Bally South
- Bally Southeast
- Bally Southwest
- Bally Sun
- Bally West
- Bally Wisconsin
- beIN Sports
- Big Ten
How do I stream additional entertainment channels online?
There are more entertainment channels that you can stream online including:
Ditch “Big Cable” Now — 3 Simple Steps to Cutting the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Supercharge your internet provider
- Protect yourself and power your streaming with the best VPN.
That’s it — you’ll save money, gain control, and enjoy TV more!