If you like learning about science and technology, SCI is the channel for you. And now you can enjoy it without the cost and constraints of a cable subscription. Read on to learn all your options.
In a hurry? Science Channel is available from pretty much every live TV streaming service. Here are our top choices:
- FuboTV: With 120+ channels, it offers something for everyone. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Makes it easy to switch from cable to streaming with their 75+ channel Entertainment plan and options for much more. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Hulu + Live TV: This service adds 85+ live TV channel to their outstanding on demand service as well as Disney+ and ESPN+.
If you can’t watch your favorite movies and shows because of your location, try ExpressVPN to get access to the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that offers this TV channel. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the sports, movies, and TV you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
If you enjoy learning about science and technology, then you will enjoy watching the Science Channel (often referred to simply as SCI). It carries content dedicated to a variety of fields such as natural science, astronomy, and engineering.
In recent years, it has added science fiction as well as pseudoscience content. However, most of its content remains dedicated to scientific matters.
What Is SCI?
The Science Channel was first launched in 1996 and is part of a series of networks that are owned by the Discovery Channel. It was referred to as the Discovery Science Channel until 2002 and showcased content that was suitable for most audiences.
Over the next decade, however, the channel began to evolve into one that was geared toward adult audiences as opposed to children or teenagers. Today, the network solely targets viewers who are over the age of 18.
Science Channel Shows
If you are interested in astronomy, you are encouraged to check out shows such as How the Universe Works and Space’s Deepest Secrets. If you are an engineering buff, you should check out shows such as How It’s Made, Mega Machines, and Engineering Catastrophes.
When you are in the mood for something that challenges your existing worldview, you should consider tuning into Ancient Aliens or Strange Evidence. These programs tend to present an alternative view regarding a variety of historical events that may or may not be based on sound science. If you are interested in how conspiracy theories take hold or why TV shows like Ancient Aliens are so popular, you can watch Conspiracies Decoded.
Of course, if you just want to learn more about historical events from a more neutral perspective, you should consider programs such as Apollo: The Forgotten Films and “Building Giants.”
- Animal Planet: Showcases content about animal life, habitats, and conservation. The majority of its content is aimed at audiences of all ages.
- Cooking Channel: This is a spin-off of the Food Network. As the name suggests, it provides content related to producing, cooking, or eating the stuff that helps sustain life on the planet.
- Destination America: Focuses on the food, drinks and other items that make up American culture. It also showcases cities and towns that are vital to American history or that should be on your bucket list of places to visit.
- Discovery Channel: The main channel itself not only offers a lot of similar content but provides some of the same shows.
- Travel Channel: Primarily produces shows about paranormal activities and other bizarre events that have taken place throughout the United States. In some cases, shows will focus on stories related to famous buildings or structures.
Unblock Your Favorite Movies and Shows With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite movies and shows because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Stream Science Channel
YouTube TV strangely does not provide SCI. But all the other major live TV streaming services do.
- FuboTV: Get 110+ channels for $74.99/mo including all your local channels a great selection of sports. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days. Science Channel is available through the Fubo Extra package, which gives you 45+ more channels for another $7.99/mo. It also has dozens of national and international sports networks to keep fans entertained throughout the year. All plans come with at least 1000 hours of cloud DVR and simultaneous streaming on ten devices. (FuboTV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM: Science Channel comes with the Choice package, which is $99.99/mo. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM. You will also receive access to its unmatched selection of regional sports networks (RSNs). All plans come with unlimited cloud DVR (if you sign-up online) and streaming on unlimited devices. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Sling TV: SCI is part of the News Extra package for $6 a month. It can be added to either the Sling Blue (40+ channels including NBC and Fox) or Sling Orange (30+ channels including ESPN and Disney). Both plans come with unlimited cloud DVR and 9 months storage. Save 50% on Sling TV now! The Blue plan allows you to stream on up to 3 devices but the Orange plan is limited to one. (Sling TV review)
- Hulu + Live TV: The base package costs $69.99/mo and comes with 85+ live TV channels, an exceptional on-demand library, ESPN+, and Disney+. It also includes unlimited hours of cloud DVR storage and streaming on up to two devices at once. Science Channel comes with the Entertainment add-on for an extra $7.99/mo. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- Philo: Offers more than 60 channels such as Science Channel for just $25/mo. Try Philo free for 7 days. The downside is that it offers no local or sports channels. But it comes with unlimited cloud DVR and streaming on up to three devices. (Philo review)
- Vidgo: For $59.95/mo, you get Science Channel and 100+ other stations such as Animal Planet, History and National Geographic. It also features a great selection of sports channels. Sadly, there is no DVR but you can stream on up to three devices. (Vidgo review)
Stream SCI On-Demand
There are also a few ways to stream Science Channel shows on-demand:
- Discovery+: Available to subscribers in the United States for $4.99/mo (or $6.99/mo ad-free). This service allows you to stream hundreds of titles that air on Science Channel and other Discovery properties.
- Amazon Prime: Offers the ability to purchase individual episodes of most shows that are produced by Discovery. There is also a Discovery+ channel, which is more or less the same as Discovery+ but within Amazon.
- Vudu: Provides subscribers with a mix of free and pay content with a healthy mix of television and movie content. One of the benefits of this service is that there is a large selection of content that is available in 4K definition. Some SCI shows are available to purchase.
Streaming Devices to Watch Science Channel
All of the streaming services we’ve discussed support these devices:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android mobile
- Apple TV
- iOS (iPhone,iPad)
- Web browsers.
Apart from DIRECTV STREAM, they all support Android TV devices. All but Philo and vidgo support Samsung smart TVs. Fubo, Sling, and Hulu support LG and VIZIO smart TVs as well as the Xbox system. Only Hulu support the PlayStation.
Other devices are supported. Check out our streaming service reviews for all the devices supported.
Superpower Your Live TV Streaming With a VPN
You can’t beat a VPN for privacy, security, and access. We have used them for years as an important part of our streaming toolkit and we recommend ExpressVPN.
|i||See our VPN Buyer’s Guide for complete information on how to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Science Channel offers a variety of quality shows that will help you indulge in a variety of your interests. Whether you like astronomy, engineering, or a good conspiracy theory, you will likely be able to spend hours streaming this network.
As it is available through most streaming platforms, there should be a plan that meets your needs and budget. We recommend FuboTV, which you can get free for 7 days.
Watching other Entertainment Channels
See the following list:
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022