TyC Sports is a popular live sports channel for soccer fans. It isn’t widely available in the United States. But cord-cutters have a few options. Read on to learn all about them.
In a hurry? Only three of the top live TV streaming services offer TyC Sports. And they are all great:
- FuboTV: The default choice for soccer fans, you get 110+ TV channels. Its International Sports Plus add-on gets you 16 more including TyC Sports. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost streaming service lets you easily add TyC Sports. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Makes the transition from cable painless. You can add TyC Sports to any plan. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
Table Of Contents
If you are a fan of South American soccer, you will want to gain access to TyC Sports. It broadcasts a number of major regional and international soccer tournaments that Argentina participates in.
It also broadcasts games featuring teams in Argentina’s Primera Division as well as studio shows that provide analysis and insight to help you learn more about what you’re watching.
What Is TyC Sports?
TyC Sports is based in Argentina and is owned by Torneos and the Clarin Group. The network was founded in 1994 as a way to spread awareness about Argentine sports teams and their stars. It also serves as a way for citizens of South American countries to keep tabs on their favorite teams while they are living in the United States.
This network has two TV channels that are designed to meet the needs of its domestic and international audiences. TyC Sports is seen in Argentina and broadcasts events, studio shows, and other content that is generally not available to viewers in the United States.
TyC Sports USA is available to audiences in the United States and features events, shows, and other content that is generally not available to viewers outside of the country.
For example, those watching in Argentina will be able to watch FIFA World Cup and Copa America matches that the national team plays in. Those who are watching TyC Sports in the United States will be able to watch Primera Division matches that viewers in Argentina won’t have access to.
This is because domestic rights to Primera Division games are owned by TV Pública. However, games involving teams in lower divisions are broadcast domestically by TyC Sports.
Note that both channels broadcast their content in Spanish. They are generally targeted at those who have lived in South America as opposed to typical American sports fans. But many fans watch regardless because it is the only way to see many matches.
Live Sports Covered by TyC Sports
Outside of the World Cup and Copa America tournaments, the biggest event carried by TyC Sports is the Confederación Sudamericana de Fútbol (CONMEBOL) World Cup qualifying tournament. English speakers generally refer to CONMEBOL as the South American Football Federation. It consists of 10 member nations including Argentina, Brazil, and Chile.
Although only CONMEBOL teams are allowed to participate in its regional qualifying tournament, this is not true for the Copa America tournament. While it’s primarily contested by South American national teams, nations outside of CONMEBOL are routinely invited to participate. Notable past participants have included Mexico, Honduras, and Panama. And the United States served as the host nation for the event in 2016.
After soccer, basketball is perhaps the most popular sport in Argentina. TyC Sports broadcasts the FIBA World Cup as well as games featuring teams from the Liga Nacional de Básquet (LBN).
The LBN is one of the top domestic leagues along with La Liga Argentina (LLA). Teams that perform poorly in the LBN are relegated to the LLA at the end of the season. Alternatively, teams that perform well in the LLA are promoted to the LBN.
TyC Sports has a live boxing program called Boxeo de Primera that features a mix of potential future stars with other competitors who are known in Argentina. It also shows select volleyball competitions that typically serve as Olympic qualifiers. Finally, tennis tournaments such as the Argentina Open and the Davis Cup are broadcast to portions of this network’s audience.
It will also showcase classic soccer matches to audiences throughout the world. Therefore, you may have a chance to watch historic moments involving Argentina’s national soccer team or other teams that play in CONMEBOL.
Stream TyC Sports
Viewers in the US have limited options to watch TyC Sports. In particular, the two largest streaming services, Hulu Live and YouTube TV, don’t offer it. But three streaming services do:
- FuboTV: The base (Starter) plan comes with 110+ channels including all your local network affiliates and a broad range of channels for $69.99/mo. But the focus of the channel lineup is sports with ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, FS2, CBS Sports Network, NFL Network, Olympic Channel, and multiple streams of beIN Sports and TUDN. To get TyC Sports, you need to upgrade with International Sports Plus ($6.99/mo). This also gives you Fox Deportes, ESPN Deportes, Fox Soccer Plus, Zona Fútbol, and more. If you want an all-Spanish channel lineup, you can opt for the Latino Quarterly for $33/mo. All plans come with 1000 hours of cloud DVR and simultaneous streaming on 10 devices. (FuboTV review)
- Sling TV: The Sling Orange plan comes with Disney Channel, ESPN, and 30 other channels plus an on-demand library for $35/mo. For $5/mo more, you can get Sling Deportes with TyC Sports and beIN Sports. It also comes with 50 hours of cloud DVR storage but you can only stream on one device at a time. (Sling TV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM (formerly AT&T TV): The base plan comes with roughly 80 channels for $69.99/mo. Like FuboTV, it comes with local channels for ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC as well as most other channels you would expect. The Deportes add-on costs $5/mo extra and includes TyC Sports, Univision Deportes, Fox Deports, and ESPN Deportes. It comes with an unlimited DVR and streaming on up to 20 devices. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
Live Streaming Devices for TyC Sports
You can watch TyC Sports on most streaming devices with the services above. They all support the following:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android mobile devices
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- iOS devices (iPhone, iPad)
- Samsung smart TVs
- Web browsers.
Both FuboTV and Sling TV also support the following devices:
- Android TV devices
- LG smart TVs
- VIZIO smartcast TVs
- Xbox One.
Don’t see your device? Check our streaming reviews. They have complete lists; we’ve only mentioned the most popular devices here.
Those who enjoy Argentina’s soccer or basketball leagues will likely benefit from spending a little extra money to acquire TyC Sports. You will be able to see South America’s biggest stars showcase their skills in some of the region’s most notable sporting events.
- Cities With the Longest Active Championship Droughts - 05/20/2022
- Cities With the Most Professional Sports Championships - 05/09/2022
US States That Have Produced the Most MVPs- 04/21/2022