Vice TV is a popular news and lifestyle channel aimed at millennials. And in keeping with that, it is widely available outside of a cable contract with live TV streaming services. Read on to learn how to get it.
In a hurry? Here are our top picks for watching Vice TV and other A&E shows without cable:
- Sling TV: The top low-cost streaming service provides a great base channel lineup in both its plans. Save with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Makes it easy to switch from cable to streaming with their 75+ channel Entertainment plan and options for much more. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Hulu + Live TV: This service adds 85+ live TV channel to their outstanding on demand service as well as Disney+ and ESPN+.
If you can’t watch your favorite movies and shows because of your location, try ExpressVPN to get access to the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that offers this TV channel. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the sports, movies, and TV you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
If you enjoy learning about the issues that impact your daily life, you’ll probably want to watch Vice TV. Since 2019, the network has shifted toward a format with news and investigative journalism.
This is part of an effort to best serve its target audience. Although the network is largely targeted toward those born between 1985 and 2000, viewers of all ages will likely be able to gain something by watching this network.
Vice TV Basics
Vice TV was founded in 2016 using the name Viceland. The channel rebranded itself as Vice TV in 2019 as it shifted from a lifestyle network to a news network. This channel is a joint venture between Vice Media and A&E.
It replaced History’s sister station H2 (History International) in most cable lineups. Prior to the launch of Viceland, H2 was primarily focused on objective history while History itself had decided to lean heavily into entertainment programming that was based on historical events.
Although Vice TV largely focuses on an American audience, it does produce content that is meant to appeal to audiences in other countries. It has a significant presence in Australia, Canada, and the UK. It is also available in large portions of Europe and Asia.
Vice TV offers a variety of original programming as well as content that was acquired from other stations owned by A&E. Each evening, Vice News Tonight provides an objective look at the top stories in the United States and throughout the world. This show is unique because it doesn’t deliver the news through a single anchor. Instead, it uses a variety of media to educate and engage audiences about the topics it covers.
Another popular original program is Cari & Jemele (Won’t) Stick to Sports hosted by former ESPN personalities Jemele Hill and Cari Champion. The show examines a variety of social issues and their impact on both the sports world and the world as a whole.
If you’re a professional wrestling fan, you may want to check out Dark Side of the Ring. This show dives deeper into important stories such as unscripted conflicts between wrestlers or conflicts between wrestlers and promoters. Also, Major League Wrestling (MLW) airs a program on this network each week.
Among the shows brought to the channel by A&E were Hoarders and Ice Road Truckers. You will also be able to watch other hit shows produced by A&E such as Shipping Wars and Intervention on Vice TV.
Unblock Your Favorite Movies and Shows With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite movies and shows because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Streaming Vice TV
Most of the major live TV streaming services offer Vice TV:
- DIRECTV STREAM: Vice TV is available on all four plans from DIRECTV STREAM (formerly AT&T TV) packages. The least expensive package starts at $74.99/mo and comes with roughly 80 other channels including local networks. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM. It comes with unlimited DVR storage (online subscribers only) and streaming on unlimited devices at once. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Sling TV: Vice is available through both the Sling Orange and Sling Blue base service packages. You can get either package for $40.00/mo or both of them for $55.00/mo. Save 50% on Sling TV now! The Sling Orange package is ideal for those who want to watch ESPN while the Sling Blue package is ideal for those who want to watch access to Fox and NBC. It comes with 50 hours of cloud DVR. (Sling TV review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Offers dozens of channels including Vice TV for a flat rate of $69.99/mo. You also get ESPN+, Disney+, and the standard Hulu on-demand (without commercials available). The plan comes with unlimited cloud DVR (9 months of storage) and streaming on two devices. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- Philo: For $25/mo, you can get access to Vice TV, the main A&E network, and other properties owned by this company. These include History, Lifetime and others that offer quality content that is available on an on-demand basis. Try Philo free for 7 days. This plan includes unlimited cloud DVR and streaming on up to 3 devices at the same time. (Philo review)
- Vidgo: Vice TV is available on the Vidgo Plus plan for $59.95/mo. You will also get to watch A&E, History and other entertainment, sports, family, and news channels. It allows you to stream on up to 3 devices at once but includes no cloud DVR. (Vidgo review)
If you don’t care about watching Vice TV live and just want access to shows, there are other options.
- Vice TV App: Allows you to watch most shows on-demand via TV Everywhere with a TV provider log-in. Note that you can use Hulu + Live TV, DIRECTV STREAM, and Philo but not Sling TV or Vidgo. Also, it does not provide a live stream of Vice TV. The same service is available through vice.com.
- Hulu On-Demand: Provides access to many shows including Hamilton’s Pharmacopeia, The Devil You Know, and Dark Side of the Ring.
- Purchase: You can buy full episodes and seasons of Vice shows through iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, VUDU, Microsoft, and Playstation Video.
Supported Devices to Live Stream Vice TV
We’ll highlight the most popular devices that are supported by the streaming services that offer Vice TV.
Other than Android TV-based televisions all the services support it. On the other hand, DIRECTV STREAM provides its own device, which you can use if you want (it costs $120).
You can cast to your TV from a mobile device or web browser using Chromecast.
Similarly, you can use all the popular TV stick devices: Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and Roku. And you can stream on mobile devices with Android and iOS (iPhone, iPad).
Sling and Hulu support the Xbox One gaming system. Sling supports the Oculus VR system. And PlayStation and Nintendo Switch are supported by Hulu.
See our streaming service reviews for complete details.
Superpower Your Live TV Streaming With a VPN
You can’t beat a VPN for privacy, security, and access. We have used them for years as an important part of our streaming toolkit and we recommend ExpressVPN.
|i||See our VPN Buyer’s Guide for complete information on how to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
If you are looking to learn about the world around you without being told what to think or how to feel, Vice TV may be for you. It has a quality mix of news, documentaries, and other types of programming that seek to teach its audience in an engaging manner.
As this channel is available on most streaming platforms, you should have no problem finding a way to watch it without cable. We recommend Hulu + Live TV to stream Vice TV. But if you are on a budget, check out Sling TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which devices carry the Vice TV app?
The Vice TV app is supported by surprisingly few devices. It supports mobile devices (phones, tablets) running the iOS or Android operating systems. You can also use it on Apple TV and Roku devices. Currently, it is not supported directly on any smart TVs, Chromecast, or Amazon Fire TV. But note that you can view it that way through most of the live TV streaming services.
Why isn’t Vice available on YouTube TV and FuboTV?
Vice TV isn’t available from either FuboTV or YouTube TV because they don’t have a contract with A&E Networks. Therefore, they don’t have Vice TV, History, Lifetime, FYI, Crime & Investigation, or A&E itself. However, they still carry a variety of other quality sports, entertainment, and news channels from providers like AMC, NBCUniversal, and Paramount.
How can I watch other entertainment channels without cable?
See the following list to watch other entertainment channels:
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022