Regardless of where you live, you can watch every game the Diamondbacks play. And to do so, you can’t stick with cable. To watch all the games, you will have to stream. Read on to learn everything!
In a hurry? If you live outside the Diamondbacks broadcast area, you can watch the vast majority of games with MLB.TV for $24.99/mo. Local fans need to get access to Bally Sports Arizona. DIRECTV STREAM is the only service to offer it with the Choice plan for $89.99/mo. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
Table Of Contents
The Arizona Diamondbacks are a team that has seen its prospects tumble since making the playoffs in 2017. They recorded a Major League Baseball-tying worst record of 52-110 in 2021. And, to be blunt, the future does not look bright.
But baseball is a sport in which teams sometimes unexpectedly surprise, and it should be noted that the D-backs were a winning team just two years before losing 110 games. So perhaps they will get back to their winning ways soon.
Those who are Arizona fans or simply curious about what this season has in store for the Diamondbacks should, if they are able, get access to Bally Sports Arizona‘s game broadcasts.
About the Diamondbacks
When the Diamondbacks joined the National League West Division, where they have remained ever since, they brought regular-season games to a region that has long been a Spring Training mecca. And the team succeeded almost immediately, making the playoffs in its second season and claiming the World Series in its fourth.
That 2001 Fall Classic culminated with a dramatic seventh-game win over the New York Yankees with Luis Gonzalez’s bottom-of-the-ninth championship-winning single sparking bedlam at Chase Field, the only stadium that Arizona has played in. His hit completed a stunning two-run output against closer Mariano Rivera.
The team’s most recent successful season (ie, one involving postseason play) occurred in 2017. That season, the D-backs made the playoffs as a wild card and knocked off the Colorado Rockies before being swept by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NL Division Series.
More recently, the 2021 Diamondbacks had some ignominious feats, including a franchise-record 17-game losing streak and the longest road losing streak in the majors in 132 years — 24 games.
However, there was one significant highlight. Tyler Gilbert spun a no-hitter on Aug 14 against the San Diego Padres.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
D-backs TV Channels
A considerable majority of games that Arizona plays are being broadcast by Bally Sports Arizona, a percentage that will be even higher if the team continues to struggle. This channel is available throughout Arizona and in portions of New Mexico. It also features games played by the NBA’s Phoenix Suns and NHL’s Arizona Coyotes.
When the Diamondbacks are being showcased to a larger television audience, they will be on ESPN, TBS, Fox Sports 1 (FS1), MLB Network, ABC, NBC, or Fox.
Do also take into account that some games will not be broadcast on television at all. Some will instead be streamed exclusively by Peacock Premium or Apple TV+.
Watching the Diamondbacks
MLB has one of the most complicated broadcast systems in all of sports. But it does have the advantage of allowing fans to watch at least some games in a variety of ways.
A setup with an antenna works great for watching the D-backs play whenever they are featured on network television, whether nationally or regionally. These instances will usually involve games on Fox although ABC- and NBC-broadcast games are possible as well.
Also keep in mind that if Arizona has a breakout season and advances to the World Series, those games will be on Fox.
You can learn all about using an antenna in our guide.
It’s possible to watch every Diamondbacks game this season with streaming alone. But you will need to sign up for three services: DIRECTV STREAM (or MLB.TV), Peacock, and Apple TV+.
Live TV Streaming Services
DIRECTV STREAM (formerly AT&T TV) offers the only way for cord-cutters to gain access to Bally Sports Arizona if they are in the Diamondbacks blackout region. For those who are, watching Diamondbacks games live on this channel can be achieved by subscribing to its Choice plan ($89.99/mo). Note that that plan also features Fox, ABC, NBC, ESPN, TBS, FS1, and MLB Network, so you will get all the nationally televised games too.
Some other streaming services to consider that do not provide access to Bally Sports Arizona include Hulu + Live TV ($69.99/mo), Sling TV ($50.00/mo), FuboTV ($69.99/mo), Vidgo ($59.95/mo), and YouTube TV ($64.99/mo). Most D-backs games not on Bally Sports Arizona can be watched through each of these.
Specialty Streaming Services
The 2022 season brought the first year that some Diamondbacks games could only be watched via a streaming service.
- Apple TV+ ($4.99/mo): Has started exclusively streaming MLB games with the 2022 season, all being played on Fridays, and Arizona will feature on some of those. Its first appearance has been slated for May 13, when the Chicago Cubs make a visit to the desert.
- Peacock Premium ($4.99/mo): Expected to exclusively stream baseball games with its streams being focused on Sunday games, and the Diamondbacks may be featured on some of these as well. (Peacock review)
- ESPN+ ($9.99/mo): Provides numerous streams of MLB games throughout the season, and many of those showcase Arizona, but keep in mind its local blackout restrictions when deciding whether to purchase access. ESPN+ also comes with Hulu + Live TV. (ESPN+ review)
MLB.TV allows subscribers to watch all out-of-market games for $24.99/mo or $139.99/yr. Or you can get a single team plan for $119.99/yr.
It is a great option to consider as long as you are outside of Arizona’s blackout area. Do note that this region is extensive, covering Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah as well as the southern portion of Nevada.
Not that you will not get access to nationally televised games or playoffs. So you will likely need to supplement MLB.TV with a live TV streaming service.
Devices for Live Streaming Arizona Diamondbacks Games
Whether you use MLB.TV or DIRECTV STREAM, you will be able to stream Diamondbacks games on most devices in use today:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android mobile devices
- Apple TV
- iOS mobile devices
- Samsung smart TVs
- Web browsers.
To make things easy, you can use the DIRECTV STREAM device with it. Additionally, MLB.TV supports Xbox and PlayStation gaming devices and Android TV-based smart TVs.
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
What channel are the Diamondbacks on tonight?
Since more than 95% of Diamondbacks games are shown on Bally Sports Arizona, you can usually assume that’s where they will be. However, if it is not on that channel, look at national broadcasters Fox, NBC, ABC, FS1, ESPN, TBS, and MLB Network. And remember, some contests will not be on a channel at all and instead be streaming through Apple TV+ and Peacock Premium.
Where are the Diamondbacks on the radio?
If you are situated in the Phoenix metropolitan area, you can tune into 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station to listen to Diamondbacks radio broadcasts in English or 105.1 Latino Mix if you prefer to have Spanish commentary. The team’s English radio network is spread across Arizona and also includes Alamogordo, NM, while its Spanish radio network consists of four Mexican stations in addition to the one in Phoenix.
How can I watch free Diamondbacks games?
If you already own an antenna , you can watch Arizona Diamondbacks for free whenever they are featured on Fox, ABC, and NBC. However, note that this will not happen often. Otherwise, the best free option is available to those outside of the club’s blackout area: MLB.TV Free Game of the Day appearances.
How do I watch the Diamondbacks on mobile devices?
Most can watch the Diamondbacks play on their mobile device after downloading either the DIRECTV STREAM or Bally Sports app if they live in-market. The MLB app allows MLB.TV subscribers to watch on mobile devices as well. Also note that everyone with an active MLB.TV or MLB Radio subscription can listen to radio broadcasts through the MLB app.
What is the 2022 Diamondbacks Schedule
This regular season, the Diamondbacks plays San Diego Padres, New York Mets, Washington Nationals, Los Angeles Dodgers, St Louis Cardinals, Miami Marlins, Colorado Rockies, Chicago Cubs, Kansas City Royals, Atlanta Braves, Pittsburgh Pirates, Cincinnati Reds, Philadelphia Phillies, Minnesota Twins, Detroit Tigers, San Francisco Giants, Cleveland Guardians, Chicago White Sox, Milwaukee Brewers, and the Houston Astros.
All these games should air on Bally Sports Florida and MLB.TV except as indicated. All times are EDT.
- Thu Apr 7 8:40 pm: vs Padres
- Fri Apr 8 8:40 pm: vs Padres
- Sat Apr 9 7:10 pm: vs Padres
- Sun Apr 10 3:10 pm: vs Padres
- Tue Apr 12 2:40 pm: vs Astros
- Wed Apr 13 2:40 pm: vs Astros (MLBN)
- Fri Apr 15 12:10 pm: @ Mets (MLBN)
- Sat Apr 16 12:10 pm: @ Mets (MLBN)
- Sun Apr 17 12:40 pm: @ Mets
- Mon Apr 18 6:05 pm: @ Nationals
- Tue Apr 19 6:05 pm: @ Nationals
- Wed Apr 20 6:05 pm: @ Nationals
- Thu Apr 21 3:05 pm: @ Nationals
- Fri Apr 22 8:40 pm: vs Mets
- Sat Apr 23 7:10 pm: vs Mets (MLBN)
- Sun Apr 24 3:10 pm: vs Mets
- Mon Apr 25 8:40 pm: vs Dodgers
- Tue Apr 26 8:40 pm: vs Dodgers (MLBN)
- Wed Apr 27 2:40 pm: vs Dodgers
- Thu Apr 28 6:45 pm: @ Cardinals (MLBN)
- Fri Apr 29 7:15 pm: @ Cardinals
- Sat Apr 30 1:15 pm: @ Cardinals
- Sun May 1 1:15 pm: @ Cardinals
- Mon May 2 5:40 pm: @ Marlins
- Tue May 3 5:40 pm: @ Marlins
- Wed May 4 11:40 am: @ Marlins
- Fri May 6 8:40 pm: vs Rockies
- Sat May 7 7:10 pm: vs Rockies
- Sun May 8 3:10 pm: vs Rockies
- Mon May 9 8:40 pm: vs Marlins
- Tue May 10 8:40 pm: vs Marlins
- Wed May 11 2:40 pm: vs Marlins
- Fri May 13 8:40 pm: vs Cubs (Apple TV+)
- Sat May 14 7:10 pm: vs Cubs
- Sun May 15 3:10 pm: vs Cubs
- Mon May 16 9:10 pm: @ Dodgers
- Tue May 17 2:10 pm: @ Dodgers
- Tue May 17 9:10 pm: @ Dodgers
- Wed May 18 3:10 pm: @ Dodgers
- Thu May 19 6:40 pm: @ Cubs
- Fri May 20 1:20 pm: @ Cubs (YouTube)
- Sat May 21 1:20 pm: @ Cubs
- Sun May 22 1:20 pm: @ Cubs
- Mon May 23 8:40 pm: vs Royals
- Tue May 24 8:40 pm: vs Royals
- Thu May 26 8:40 pm: vs Dodgers
- Fri May 27 8:40 pm: vs Dodgers
- Sat May 28 6:15 pm: vs Dodgers (Fox)
- Sun May 29 3:10 pm: vs Dodgers
- Mon May 30 7:10 pm: vs Braves
- Tue May 31 8:40 pm: vs Braves
- Wed Jun 1 2:40 pm: vs Braves
- Fri Jun 3 6:05 pm: @ Pirates
- Sat Jun 4 3:05 pm: @ Pirates
- Sun Jun 5 12:35 pm: @ Pirates
- Mon Jun 6 5:40 pm: @ Reds
- Tue Jun 7 5:40 pm: @ Reds
- Wed Jun 8 5:40 pm: @ Reds
- Thu Jun 9 11:35 pm: @ Reds
- Fri Jun 10 6:05 pm: @ Phillies
- Sat Jun 11 3:05 pm: @ Phillies
- Sun Jun 12 12:35 pm: @ Phillies
- Mon Jun 13 8:40 pm: vs Reds
- Tue Jun 14 8:40 pm: vs Reds
- Wed Jun 15 2:40 pm: vs Reds
- Fri Jun 17 8:40 pm: vs Twins
- Sat Jun 18 9:10 pm: vs Twins
- Sun Jun 19 3:10 pm: vs Twins
- Mon Jun 20 8:40 pm: @ Padres
- Tue Jun 21 8:40 pm: @ Padres
- Wed Jun 22 3:10 pm: @ Padres
- Fri Jun 24 8:40 pm: vs Tigers (Apple TV+)
- Sat Jun 25 9:10 pm: vs Tigers
- Sun Jun 26 3:10 pm: vs Tigers
- Tue Jun 28 8:40 pm: vs Padres
- Wed Jun 29 2:40 pm: vs Padres
- Fri Jul 1 7:10 pm: @ Rockies
- Sat Jul 2 8:10 pm: @ Rockies
- Sun Jul 3 2:10 pm: @ Rockies
- Mon Jul 4 8:10 pm: vs Giants
- Tue Jul 5 8:40 pm: vs Giants
- Wed Jul 6 8:40 pm: vs Giants
- Thu Jul 7 8:40 pm: vs Rockies
- Fri Jul 8 8:40 pm: vs Rockies
- Sat Jul 9 3:10 pm: vs Rockies
- Sun Jul 10 3:10 pm: vs Rockies
- Mon Jul 11 8:45 pm: @ Giants
- Tue Jul 12 8:45 pm: @ Giants
- Wed Jul 13 2:45 pm: @ Giants
- Fri Jul 15 8:40 pm: @ Padres
- Sat Jul 16 7:40 pm: @ Padres
- Sun Jul 17 3:10 pm: @ Padres
- Fri Jul 22 8:40 pm: vs Nationals
- Sat Jul 23 7:10 pm: vs Nationals
- Sun Jul 24 3:10 pm: vs Nationals
- Mon Jul 25 8:40 pm: vs Giants
- Tue Jul 26 8:40 pm: vs Giants
- Wed Jul 27 2:40 pm: vs Giants
- Fri Jul 29 6:20 pm: @ Braves
- Sat Jul 30 6:20 pm: @ Braves
- Sun Jul 31 12:35 pm: @ Braves
- Mon Aug 1 6:10 pm: @ Guardians
- Tue Aug 2 6:10 pm: @ Guardians
- Wed Aug 3 12:10 pm: @ Guardians
- Fri Aug 5 8:40 pm: vs Rockies
- Sat Aug 6 7:10 pm: vs Rockies
- Sun Aug 7 3:10 pm: vs Rockies
- Mon Aug 8 8:40 pm: vs Pirates
- Tue Aug 9 8:40 pm: vs Pirates
- Wed Aug 10 8:40 pm: vs Pirates
- Thu Aug 11 2:40 pm: vs Pirates
- Fri Aug 12 7:40 pm: @ Rockies
- Sat Aug 13 7:10 pm: @ Rockies
- Sun Aug 14 2:10 pm: @ Rockies
- Mon Aug 15 8:45 pm: @ Giants
- Tue Aug 16 8:45 pm: @ Giants
- Wed Aug 17 8:45 pm: @ Giants
- Thu Aug 18 2:45 pm: @ Giants
- Fri Aug 19 8:40 pm: vs Cardinals
- Sat Aug 20 7:10 pm: vs Cardinals
- Sun Aug 21 3:10 pm: vs Cardinals
- Tue Aug 23 7:10 pm: @ Royals
- Wed Aug 24 7:10 pm: @ Royals
- Fri Aug 26 7:10 pm: @ White Sox
- Sat Aug 27 6:10 pm: @ White Sox
- Sun Aug 28 1:10 pm: @ White Sox
- Mon Aug 29 8:40 pm: vs Phillies
- Tue Aug 30 8:40 pm: vs Phillies
- Wed Aug 31 8:40 pm: vs Phillies
- Thu Sep 1 8:40 pm: vs Brewers
- Fri Sep 2 8:40 pm: vs Brewers
- Sat Sep 3 7:10 pm: vs Brewers
- Sun Sep 4 3:10 pm: vs Brewers
- Mon Sep 5 5:40 pm: @ Padres
- Tue Sep 6 8:40 pm: @ Padres
- Wed Sep 7 7:40 pm: @ Padres (FS1)
- Fri Sep 9 7:40 pm: @ Rockies
- Sat Sep 10 7:10 pm: @ Rockies
- Sun Sep 11 2:10 pm: @ Rockies
- Mon Sep 12 8:40 pm: vs Dodgers
- Tue Sep 13 8:40 pm: vs Dodgers
- Wed Sep 14 8:40 pm: vs Dodgers
- Thu Sep 15 8:40 pm: vs Padres
- Fri Sep 16 8:40 pm: vs Padres
- Sat Sep 17 7:10 pm: vs Padres
- Sun Sep 18 3:10 pm: vs Padres
- Mon Sep 19 9:10 pm: @ Dodgers
- Tue Sep 20 2:10 pm: @ Dodgers
- Tue Sep 20 9:10 pm: @ Dodgers
- Wed Sep 21 9:10 pm: @ Dodgers
- Thu Sep 22 9:10 pm: @ Dodgers
- Fri Sep 23 8:40 pm: vs Giants
- Sat Sep 24 7:10 pm: vs Giants
- Sun Sep 25 3:10 pm: vs Giants
- Tue Sep 27 7:10 pm: @ Astros
- Wed Sep 28 7:10 pm: @ Astros
- Fri Sep 30 9:15 pm: @ Giants
- Sat Oct 1 3:05 pm: @ Giants
- Sun Oct 2 3:05 pm: @ Giants
- Mon Oct 3 6:40 pm: @ Brewers
- Tue Oct 4 6:40 pm: @ Brewers
- Wed Oct 5 TBD: @ Brewers
Ditch “Big Cable” Now — 3 Simple Steps to Cutting the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, gain control, and enjoy TV more!