Fancy watching the Cubs play in 2021’s MLB season without cable? You’re in the right place.
In this guide, we explain the channels you need to see live Chicago Cubs games without having to pay for a cable contract.
In a hurry? Here are some streaming services that have the key channels you need to watch MLB games, including the Cubs:
- FuboTV: From $64.99 per month, you can get 100+ channels, now including ESPN. Try Fubo free for 7 days!
- SlingTV: A cheaper online streaming service from $35 per month, including FOX Sports 1, TBS, and much more. Try it for a month for $10!
- Hulu: FOX, MLB Network, TBS, and more. You have most key MLB-streaming channels to watch the Cubs play with Hulu. It’s free for 7 days!
The Chicago Cubs are the second oldest MLB team in the United States with a solid fan base. If you’re a Cubs fan and want to keep up with the action by streaming online this page offers some services to consider. Read on to find out about ways to watch the Chicago Cubs game online without cable.
Most Chicago Cubs games air on cable channels throughout the season, though if you want to watch the Chicago Cubs online, you’ll need streaming services. This page covers services like Sling TV ($10 for the first month) or FuboTV (free 7-day trial), along with a few alternatives.
Stream the Chicago Cubs Game Online Without Cable
Perhaps you’ll find most Cubs games air on FOX Sports South, FOX Sports Southeast, FS1, ESPN, ESPN+, or TBS. Some games will air on MLB.tv and MLB Network too. There are online streaming services that offer most of these channels to catch the Cubs live stream.
What’s great about streaming services is that you aren’t locked into a contract. You can try some of them for free and move on if it doesn’t work for you. For example, Sling TV ($10 for the first month), FuboTV (free 7-day trial), and some other services give you a trial.
It only takes minutes to sign up, so you can sign up and be watching TV at the same hour. As opposed to cable TV, you can use computers, mobile devices, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, and Chromecast, to name a few.
Watch the Chicago Cubs Games Without Cable On Sling TV
Sling TV is one of the cheapest streaming packages available. Both plans start at just $35 per month. The Sling Orange package offers both ESPN and TBS, both of which stream some Cubs games.
For another $10/month you can add the Sports Extra bundle, which gives you MLB Network and several other sports channels. Sling TV’s streaming plans offer most channels you need to watch the Cubs play this season.
Sling TV Summary:
- Orange and Blue packages starting at $35 a month
- $10 off your first month’s bill
- Sports Extra bundle for an additional $10/month gets you MLB Network and other sports channels
- TV on-demand or with TV Everywhere apps
- No contracts to lock you in — monthly cancellation available
- 50 hours of free DVR with both plans
- Watch on devices like Roku, Apple TV, mobile devices, Chromecast, and laptops
- See our Sling TV review for a deeper breakdown
You can sign up to Sling TV for $10 for the first month. Even if you choose to cancel it before you’re charged, you might catch some Chicago Cubs games without cable for free.
Watch the Chicago Cubs Without Cable On FuboTV
FuboTV offers over 100 channels and you can get 130+ with the $15/month add-on with the Elite plan. You’ll also have FOX, FS1, ESPN channels, and TBS. fubuTV now also offers MLB Network.
Features of FuboTV include:
- From $64.99 per month + a free trial with the Starter plan
- No contracts to lock you in
- Over 130 channels
- ESPN channels and MLB Network are available
- 250 hours of free cloud DVR
- Watch on devices like Roku, mobile, and tablets
- Read this FuboTV review for more information
FuboTV offers a service that is cheaper than cable with at least as many channels. Your package includes multiple-device streaming and you can add additional channels to customize your plan.
You can test out FuboTV if you sign up for a free FuboTV 7-day trial.
How Else Can I Watch the Chicago Cubs Game Without Cable?
Now that you know more about Sling TV and FuboTV, here are some alternative streaming solutions to watch the Chicago Cubs online. Each service offers a free trial or promo, so you can watch some free or discounted TV and see if you like the plan enough to pay for it.
Here are the alternatives:
- DIRECTV STREAM – The Plus package offers 65+ channels for $69.99 per month. There are more advanced plans for $84.99 and $94.99 with 100+ channels. This provider also offers the most regional sports networks like Bally Sports (formerly FOX). Read our DIRECTV STREAM review for more info.
- Hulu with Live TV – 80+ channels and Hulu on-demand for $64.99 per month. Packages include local channels (in most areas), TBS, FSN, ESPN, and more. Our Hulu Live review has more to offer.
- YouTube TV – 85+ channels, an on-demand library, and an unlimited cloud-DVR for $64.99/month. Stream ESPN networks, local channels, NBCSN, FS1, TBS, and more. Our YouTube TV review has more details.
- ESPN+ – For $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year, stream live and on-demand MLB, with access to other major events and leagues like NFL and UFC.
- MLB.tv – Stream out-of-market MLB games for a monthly, yearly, or single team subscription from $24.99.
These are some other ways you can watch sports online without cable. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment.
What channel can I watch the Chicago Cubs game tonight?
Marquee Sports broadcasts the most of Chicago Cubs games. Its coverage area includes most of Illinois and Iowa and some of Indiana, Wisconsin and Nebraska. Contests not shown there will be broadcast nationally on ABC, ESPN, Fox, FS1, MLB Network, or TBS. But there are few of these games. For example, the team’s Windy City showdown with the White Sox on Aug 8, 2021, was the first MLB regular-season game broadcast on ABC since 1995.
How can I listen to the Chicago Cubs on the radio?
Chicago Cubs radio broadcasts can be heard on stations in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. Its flagship station is WSCR-AM 670 in Chicago while commentary is provided by play-by-play voice Pat Hughes and analyst Ron Coomer. You can also listen to every Cubs radio broadcast online through an MLB Audio subscription, which costs $2.99 a month or $19.99 a season.
When was the last time that the Chicago Cubs won the World Series?
As most baseball fans know, prior to 2016, the answer to this question would have been 1908. However, the Chicago Cubs finally broke through in 2016 to claim that season’s World Series over the Cleveland Guardians (“Indians” at the time) in an exciting seven-game affair. That was the franchise’s third World Series crown; the others came in 1907 and 1908. The Cubs have also claimed 17 National League pennants, the first coming in that competition’s inaugural season of 1876.
How can I watch Chicago Cubs games on my phone?
A subscription to DIRECTV STREAM or FuboTV provides in-market access to Chicago Cubs broadcasts on their respective apps. Conversely, if you are located outside of where the team’s games are blacked out on MLB.TV, you can subscribe to that service to watch broadcasts through the MLB app. That blackout area includes all of Iowa, most of Illinois and Indiana and a small portion of Wisconsin.
Can I stream Chicago Cubs games for free?
In most cases, no. However, some exceptions exist. If you are outside of the Chicago Cubs blackout region, you can take advantage of the times when the team is featured on the MLB.TV Free Game of the Day. In addition, the Cubs may be sporadically shown on MLB’s mostly weekly YouTube broadcasts. Additionally, nationally broadcast games on Fox and ABC can be accessed via an antenna.