MLB has never made it easy on fans who want to watch games on TV. But if you know what you are doing, you can watch every Rockies game and do it without cable. Read on to learn how!
In a hurry? Fans of the Rockies outside the Colorado area can watch pretty much all the games with MLB.TV. And fans who are local can do so with AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain. Two excellent streaming services offer it:
- FuboTV: Although it doesn’t offer as many other RSNs, it costs just $69.99/mo and offers over 110 other channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- DIRECTV STREAM: The King of RSNs sets you up with every channel in your area plus about 100 others. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
If you can’t watch your favorite movies and shows because of your location, you need a VPN. Here are our top picks from our VPN guide:
- ExpressVPN: Established VPN provider in close to 100 countries. Smart DNS and unlimited bandwidth. Try it with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
- CyberGhost: Great low-cost service with a free 24-hour trial.
Table Of Contents
The baseball team representing the Rocky Mountains is the appropriately named Rockies. Colorado is most known for having the highest-scoring ballpark in the majors, Coors Field. This is due in part to low humidity but mostly the low atmospheric pressure due to its elevation of 5,200 feet. This is far above the second-highest stadium, Phoenix’s Chase Field, which is at 1,100 feet.
As for the team itself, it followed back-to-back playoff appearances in 2017 and 2018 with three straight losing seasons. But Rockies fans are hoping that the squad will return to being a playoff team soon.
Colorado fans who want to watch their team play on a regular basis should make sure that they can watch its AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain broadcasts. Fans in the Rockies’ blackout area have two choices: DIRECTV STREAM ($89.99/mo) and FuboTV ($69.99/mo). Those outside this area can choose MLB.TV ($24.99/mo).
About the Rockies
The Rockies joined the National League’s West Division, where it has been ever since, as an expansion team in 1993. It played its first two seasons at Mile High Stadium, an NFL facility. But then moved into its current home, Coors Field. Both stadiums were built in Denver.
Interestingly, despite Colorado having never won a division title, it has an NL pennant to its name. The Rockies just snuck into the postseason in 2007, finishing tied for the league’s lone wild card spot. They went on to beat the San Diego Padres in a tiebreaker game to get in.
The winning then continued as Colorado swept the Philadelphia Phillies in the NL Division Series and the Arizona Diamondbacks in the NL Championship Series. However, the Boston Red Sox returned the favor in the World Series, sweeping it.
More recently, the Rockies went 1-5 in postseason appearances in 2017 and 2018 before going 71-91, 26-34, and 74-87 in the next three regular seasons.
Meanwhile, the 2021 campaign was a perfect example of how much better the team tends to play at home than away as it was 48-33 at Coors Field and 26-54 on the road. If home form had held away from Denver, the Rockies would have had 96 wins. However, if they had their away winning percentage at home as well, they would have lost 109 games.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Rockies TV Channels
AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain is where local fans can watch the Colorado Rockies play the vast majority of their games. This channel is available in all or part of Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Arizona, California, South Dakota, Kansas, and Nebraska. But note that Rockies broadcasts are not available in all of those areas — in particular in areas that have their own MLB team.
When Colorado is not being shown on its regional sports network, you can usually find the game on ESPN, TBS, Fox Sports 1 (FS1), MLB Network, ABC, NBC, or Fox.
Another possibility is that the contest might not be shown on any channel at all. Some games will be streamed exclusively by Peacock Premium or Apple TV+ instead.
Watching the Colorado Rockies
There are many ways to watch Colorado Rockies games live.
An antenna provides you with the means to watch all Colorado Rockies games that are being shown on Fox, ABC, and NBC. In most cases, these instances will consist of Saturday contests on Fox. It is not clear at this point that any regular-season games will air on these channels, however.
Also keep in mind that the biggest games that the Rockies could potentially play, World Series contests, will be available to watch through these means as those would be on Fox.
See our HD Antenna Guide for more information.
You have the most options for watching the Colorado Rockies via streaming.
Live TV Streaming Services
FuboTV ($69.99/mo) provides local access to AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain, but note that this may not extend to many in Colorado and Wyoming, so make sure to see if the channel is available in your area before deciding to purchase. Amongst FuboTV’s channels are ESPN, FS1, ABC, NBC, and Fox while you will need to get an add-on to watch the MLB Network. TBS is not available.
DIRECTV STREAM (formerly AT&T TV) offers a wide selection of regional sports networks throughout the country. Those in Denver receive AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain and Altitude Sports. The former carries almost all of the games that the Colorado Rockies play. Do note that you need to subscribe to its Choice plan ($89.99/mo) to receive these. You will also get TBS, ESPN, FS1, MLB Network, NBC, ABC, and Fox.
There are other streaming services to consider that do not offer AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain to anyone but that do feature all or most of the other channels that periodically show Rockies games. These include Hulu + Live TV ($69.99/mo), Sling TV ($50.00/mo), Vidgo ($59.95/mo), and YouTube TV ($64.99/mo).
Specialty Streaming Services
MLB is showing an increasing number of games only on streaming services. But the number is still small.
- Apple TV+ ($4.99/mo): Has started offering exclusive streams of baseball games on Friday evenings. The Rockies will periodically feature in these, initially appearing on June 3, 2022.
- Peacock Premium ($4.99/mo): May offer exclusive streams of Colorado Rockies games. The ones that they do will likely be on Sundays. (Peacock review)
- ESPN+ ($9.99/mo): Provides regular streams to Colorado games, but keep in mind its blackout regulations. These may result in most or all Rockies games not being available for you if you live in Colorado or surrounding areas. (ESPN+ review)
If you are outside of the Colorado Rockies’ blackout area, you should consider subscribing to MLB.TV ($24.99/mo). Doing so will grant you access to all AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain-broadcast games. There is one exception: contests when the Rockies face a team local to you. For example, if you are a Colorado fan in Philadelphia, you cannot watch Rockies-Phillies streams on MLB.TV.
Note that this blackout region is significant, covering Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, and New Mexico and portions of Idaho, South Dakota, and Nebraska. Also note that MLB.TV does not include any playoff games, so you will generally need to use a live TV streaming service with it.
TVs and Devices to Live Stream Colorado Rockies Games
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android phones and tablets
- Apple TV
- iOS (iPhone, iPad)
- Samsung smart TVs
- Web browsers.
DIRECTV STREAM offers its own device, which can make things easy since you can get support directly from them.
MLB.TV and Fubo also support Android TV-compatible smart TVs and Xbox One gaming systems. MLB.TV supports PlayStation units as well.
FuboTV also supports Hisense smart TVs, LG smart TVs, and Vizio SmartCast TVs.
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Fans looking to catch the Colorado Rockies on a near-daily basis should, in most cases, subscribe to DIRECTV STREAM ($89.99/mo), FuboTV ($69.99/mo), or MLB.TV ($24.99/mo) as at least one of those options should be able to grant you access to AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain game broadcasts.
Where is tonight’s Rockies game on TV?
Have you checked AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain to see if the Rockies game is airing there? In the vast majority of cases, that will be the case. If it is not, the other options are your local Fox, NBC, and ABC affiliates, FS1, ESPN, TBS, and MLB Network. Do keep in mind that it may not be on TV at all as Apple TV+ and Peacock Premium have exclusive access to some baseball games.
Is there a radio broadcast of the Rockies game?
If you are in Colorado or Wyoming, you are likely near a radio station broadcasting the Rockies game. Those in and near Denver should tune into KOA 805 AM & 94.1 FM. There are also a few affiliates in Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, and South Dakota. An option available worldwide is to subscribe to MLB Radio ($2.99/mo) to listen to those same broadcasts online. An MLB.TV subscription ($29.99/mo) also provides that feature.
Is it possible to watch Rockies games for free on TV?
If you have an antenna, you can watch a few games for free, the ones that are shown on Fox, ABC, and NBC. However, note that these happen seldomly and may not occur this season. A free non-TV option that is available to those not in Colorado’s blackout region is to watch the Rockies whenever they feature on the MLB.TV Free Game of the Day.
How do I watch Rockies games on a smartphone?
Watching Rockies games on a smartphone is relatively easy. If you subscribe to DIRECTV STREAM, FuboTV, or MLB.TV, you can utilize their apps to watch Colorado play. The AT&T SportsNet app is another option for those who subscribe to a service that offers full access to that channel.
What is the Colorado Rockies 2022 schedule?
This year, the Rockies compete against (in order) the Los Angeles Dodgers, Texas Rangers, Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Phillies, Detroit Tigers, Cincinnati Reds, Washington Nationals, Arizona Diamondbacks, San Francisco Giants, Kansas City Royals, New York Mets, Pittsburgh Pirates, Miami Marlins, Atlanta Braves, San Diego Padres, Cleveland Guardians, Minnesota Twins, Milwaukee Brewers, Chicago White Sox, and the St Louis Cardinals.
Here is the complete Rockies regular-season schedule (EDT). All of the games will air on AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain except for the one on Apple TV+.
- Fri Apr 8 4:10 pm: vs Dodgers
- Sat Apr 9 8:10 pm: vs Dodgers
- Sun Apr 10 3:10 pm: vs Dodgers
- Mon Apr 11 4:05 pm: @ Rangers
- Tue Apr 12 8:05 pm: @ Rangers
- Thu Apr 14 8:40 pm: vs Cubs
- Fri Apr 15 8:40 pm: vs Cubs
- Sat Apr 16 8:10 pm: vs Cubs (MLBN)
- Sun Apr 17 3:10 pm: vs Cubs
- Mon Apr 18 8:40 pm: vs Phillies
- Tue Apr 19 8:40 pm: vs Phillies
- Wed Apr 20 3:10 pm: vs Phillies (MLBN)
- Fri Apr 22 7:10 pm: @ Tigers
- Sat Apr 23 1:10 pm: @ Tigers
- Sun Apr 24 1:10 pm: @ Tigers
- Mon Apr 25 6:45 pm: @ Phillies
- Tue Apr 26 6:45 pm: @ Phillies
- Wed Apr 27 6:45 pm: @ Phillies
- Thu Apr 28 1:05 pm: @ Phillies
- Fri Apr 29 8:40 pm: vs Reds
- Sat Apr 30 8:10 pm: vs Reds
- Sun May 1 3:10 pm: vs Reds
- Tue May 3 8:40 pm: vs Nationals
- Wed May 4 8:40 pm: vs Nationals
- Thu May 5 3:10 pm: vs Nationals (YouTube)
- Fri May 6 9:40 pm: @ D-backs
- Sat May 7 8:10 pm: @ D-backs
- Sun May 8 4:10 pm: @ D-backs
- Mon May 9 9:45 pm: @ Giants
- Tue May 10 9:45 pm: @ Giants
- Wed May 11 3:45 pm: @ Giants
- Fri May 13 8:40 pm: vs Royals
- Sat May 14 8:10 pm: vs Royals
- Sun May 15 3:10 pm: vs Royals
- Mon May 16 8:40 pm: vs Giants
- Tue May 17 8:40 pm: vs Giants
- Wed May 18 3:10 pm: vs Giants
- Fri May 20 8:40 pm: vs Mets
- Sat May 21 8:10 pm: vs Mets
- Sun May 22 3:10 pm: vs Mets
- Mon May 23 6:35 pm: @ Pirates
- Tue May 24 6:35 pm: @ Pirates
- Wed May 25 12:35 pm: @ Pirates
- Thu May 26 7:05 pm: @ Nationals
- Fri May 27 7:05 pm: @ Nationals
- Sat May 28 4:05 pm: @ Nationals
- Sun May 29 1:35 pm: @ Nationals
- Mon May 30 4:10 pm: vs Marlins
- Tue May 31 8:40 pm: vs Marlins
- Wed Jun 1 3:10 pm: vs Marlins
- Thu Jun 2 8:40 pm: vs Braves
- Fri Jun 3 8:40 pm: vs Braves (Apple TV+)
- Sat Jun 4 9:10 pm: vs Braves
- Sun Jun 5 3:10 pm: vs Braves
- Tue Jun 7 9:45 pm: @ Giants
- Wed Jun 8 9:45 pm: @ Giants
- Thu Jun 9 3:45 pm: @ Giants
- Fri Jun 10 9:40 pm: @ Padres
- Sat Jun 11 4:10 pm: @ Padres
- Sat Jun 11 10:10 pm: @ Padres
- Sun Jun 12 4:10 pm: @ Padres
- Tue Jun 14 8:40 pm: vs Guardians
- Wed Jun 15 8:40 pm: vs Guardians
- Thu Jun 16 3:10 pm: vs Guardians
- Fri Jun 17 8:40 pm: vs Padres
- Sat Jun 18 9:10 pm: vs Padres
- Sun Jun 19 3:10 pm: vs Padres
- Tue Jun 21 6:40 pm: @ Marlins
- Wed Jun 22 6:40 pm: @ Marlins
- Thu Jun 23 12:10 pm: @ Marlins
- Fri Jun 24 8:10 pm: @ Twins
- Sat Jun 25 2:10 pm: @ Twins
- Sun Jun 26 2:10 pm: @ Twins
- Mon Jun 27 8:40 pm: vs Dodgers
- Tue Jun 28 8:40 pm: vs Dodgers
- Wed Jun 29 8:40 pm: vs Dodgers
- Fri Jul 1 8:10 pm: vs D-backs
- Sat Jul 2 9:10 pm: vs D-backs
- Sun Jul 3 3:10 pm: vs D-backs
- Mon Jul 4 10:10 pm: @ Dodgers
- Tue Jul 5 10:10 pm: @ Dodgers
- Wed Jul 6 10:10 pm: @ Dodgers
- Thu Jul 7 9:40 pm: @ D-backs
- Fri Jul 8 9:40 pm: @ D-backs
- Sat Jul 9 4:10 pm: @ D-backs
- Sun Jul 10 4:10 pm: @ D-backs
- Mon Jul 11 8:40 pm: vs Padres
- Tue Jul 12 8:40 pm: vs Padres
- Wed Jul 13 8:40 pm: vs Padres
- Thu Jul 14 3:10 pm: vs Padres
- Fri Jul 15 8:40 pm: vs Pirates
- Sat Jul 16 3:10 pm: vs Pirates
- Sun Jul 17 3:10 pm: vs Pirates
- Fri Jul 22 8:10 pm: @ Brewers
- Sat Jul 23 7:10 pm: @ Brewers
- Sun Jul 24 2:10 pm: @ Brewers
- Mon Jul 25 8:10 pm: @ Brewers
- Tue Jul 26 8:40 pm: vs White Sox
- Wed Jul 27 3:10 pm: vs White Sox
- Thu Jul 28 8:40 pm: vs Dodgers
- Fri Jul 29 8:40 pm: vs Dodgers
- Sat Jul 30 8:10 pm: vs Dodgers
- Sun Jul 31 3:10 pm: vs Dodgers
- Mon Aug 1 9:40 pm: @ Padres
- Tue Aug 2 4:10 pm: @ Padres
- Tue Aug 2 10:10 pm: @ Padres
- Wed Aug 3 9:40 pm: @ Padres
- Thu Aug 4 4:10 pm: @ Padres
- Fri Aug 5 9:40 pm: @ D-backs
- Sat Aug 6 8:10 pm: @ D-backs
- Sun Aug 7 4:10 pm: @ D-backs
- Tue Aug 9 8:40 pm: vs Cardinals
- Wed Aug 10 8:40 pm: vs Cardinals
- Thu Aug 11 3:10 pm: vs Cardinals
- Fri Aug 12 8:40 pm: vs D-backs
- Sat Aug 13 8:10 pm: vs D-backs
- Sun Aug 14 3:10 pm: vs D-backs
- Tue Aug 16 7:45 pm: @ Cardinals
- Wed Aug 17 7:45 pm: @ Cardinals
- Thu Aug 18 1:15 pm: @ Cardinals
- Fri Aug 19 8:40 pm: vs Giants
- Sat Aug 20 8:10 pm: vs Giants
- Sun Aug 21 3:10 pm: vs Giants
- Tue Aug 23 8:40 pm: vs Rangers
- Wed Aug 24 3:10 pm: vs Rangers
- Thu Aug 25 7:10 pm: @ Mets
- Fri Aug 26 7:10 pm: @ Mets
- Sat Aug 27 7:10 pm: @ Mets
- Sun Aug 28 1:40 pm: @ Mets
- Tue Aug 30 7:20 pm: @ Braves
- Wed Aug 31 7:20 pm: @ Braves
- Thu Sep 1 7:20 pm: @ Braves
- Fri Sep 2 6:40 pm: @ Reds
- Sat Sep 3 6:40 pm: @ Reds
- Sun Sep 4 1:40 pm: @ Reds
- Mon Sep 5 4:10 pm: vs Brewers
- Tue Sep 6 8:40 pm: vs Brewers
- Wed Sep 7 3:10 pm: vs Brewers
- Fri Sep 9 8:40 pm: vs D-backs
- Sat Sep 10 8:10 pm: vs D-backs
- Sun Sep 11 3:10 pm: vs D-backs
- Tue Sep 13 8:10 pm: @ White Sox
- Wed Sep 14 8:10 pm: @ White Sox
- Fri Sep 16 2:20 pm: @ Cubs
- Sat Sep 17 2:20 pm: @ Cubs
- Sun Sep 18 2:20 pm: @ Cubs
- Mon Sep 19 8:40 pm: vs Giants
- Tue Sep 20 8:40 pm: vs Giants
- Wed Sep 21 8:40 pm: vs Giants
- Thu Sep 22 3:10 pm: vs Giants
- Fri Sep 23 8:10 pm: vs Padres
- Sat Sep 24 8:10 pm: vs Padres
- Sun Sep 25 3:10 pm: vs Padres
- Tue Sep 27 9:45 pm: @ Giants
- Wed Sep 28 9:45 pm: @ Giants
- Thu Sep 29 9:45 pm: @ Giants
- Fri Sep 30 10:10 pm: @ Dodgers
- Sat Oct 1 9:10 pm: @ Dodgers
- Sun Oct 2 4:10 pm: @ Dodgers
- Mon Oct 3 10:10 pm: @ Dodgers
- Tue Oct 4 10:10 pm: @ Dodgers (FS1)
- Wed Oct 5 TBD: @ Dodgers (FS1)
Ditch “Big Cable” Now — 3 Simple Steps to Cutting the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Supercharge your internet provider
- Protect yourself and power your streaming with the best VPN.
That’s it — you’ll save money, gain control, and enjoy TV more!