The 2023 NFL football season has begun! Get all the information in our NFL Guide!
And you can follow the whole season with Fubo. Try it free!
The Alabama basketball team is one of the best in the nation. It is also extremely popular with NCAA fans. Learn how to watch every game this year!
In a hurry? The vast majority of Alabama men’s and women’s basketball games air on ESPN channels. You can stream all of them with these services:
- Fubo: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 150+ well-selected channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Although the Crimson Tide athletics department is most known for its football program, which is regularly in the mix for national championships, its basketball squads have experienced success as well, albeit not at that level.
Heading into their 2022-23 seasons, Alabama’s men’s hoops program is still looking for its first Final Four appearance while the UA women’s team has made it to the Final Four once, in 1994.
TV Channels to Watch Alabama Basketball
Most Alabama basketball games can be watched on ESPN-affiliated networks, specifically ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ABC, and the SEC Network.
Meanwhile, away-from-Tuscaloosa non-conference games may instead be shown on a variety of other TV channels, such as CBS, or online-only streams, such as FloHoops.
Also note that some SEC and non-conference home games will be available online-only through SEC Network+, which is more likely for the women’s team but does also occur for the men, especially in non-conference play.
Streaming Alabama Basketball
The Crimson Tide basketball teams are popular but they aren’t big enough to be featured on the major networks. But they are big enough to be shown on major cable channels.
- Fubo (formerly FuboTV): Great sports-first streaming service with 130+ channel lineup and excellent RSN selection from $74.99/mo. (Fubo review)
- Sling TV: Highly customizable Sling Orange plan starts at $40.00/mo. (Sling TV review) (March Madness coverage and schedule)
- DIRECTV STREAM: Dependable full cable replacement service with plans starting at $74.99/mo. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Get 85+ live channels along with great on-demand library, Disney+, and ESPN+ for $69.99/mo. (Hulu Live review)
- Vidgo: Good 100+ channel lineup for NCAA fans for $69.99/mo. (Vidgo review)
- YouTube TV: Get 100+ channels for $72.99/mo.
All the streaming services come with some kind of cloud DVR although Vidgo only offers a trial; you must upgrade if you want to keep it. They all allow you to stream on multiple devices at the same time — from 2 (Hulu Live) up to unlimited (DIRECTV STREAM).
All these services allow you to live stream on the following devices: Amazon Fire TV, Android Mobile, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, iOS (eg, iPhone), Roku, and web browsers. Most also support a number of smart TVs (LG, Samsung, Vizio) and gaming systems (PlayStation, Xbox).
Alabama has taken part in intercollegiate basketball since its men’s team started playing in 1913.
Unsurprisingly, the biggest rivalry for Alabama’s basketball teams is the one with Auburn, a fellow SEC institution that is located in the city by that same name 150 miles from Tuscaloosa. In both men’s and women’s basketball, they face off twice during the regular season with each school hosting a matchup and sometimes in postseason play as well. Any of those latter meetings are generally held at neutral sites.
The Crimson Tide play home basketball games at Coleman Coliseum, which has seating for 14,474. It opened in 1968, replacing Foster Auditorium as far as the men’s home went while the women’s program has played intermittingly at Foster Auditorium numerous seasons between its inaugural 1974-75 campaign to 2015-16. Both now play at Coleman, following the women’s team’s permanent move there in 2016.
Alabama Men’s Basketball
Alabama’s 2022-23 season has been one of the biggest in school history. On February 13, the Crimson Tide reached the No. 1 spot in the AP and USA Today top-25 polls. That occurred two days after an impressive 77-69 win at Auburn and marked just the second time that this program had topped the polls. The other occurred during a 2002-03 season in which a 9-0 start led to a 17-12 final record.
As for March Madness, the Crimson Tide have once reached the Elite Eight, doing so in 2004. That squad, which finished with a 20-13 mark, surprised as the eighth-seeded team. Alabama knocked off the No 1 seed Stanford, 70-67, in the second round while on that impressive tournament run. UA has also reached the Sweet 16 on eight other occasions although one has been vacated by the NCAA.
The Crimson Tide has also had impressive successes in SEC play, claiming the fourth-most regular-season titles and the second-most tournament championships.
Players helping the 2022-23 Crimson Tide to its successes this season have included Brandon Miller, Mark Sears, Noah Clowney, Charles Bediako, and Jaden Bradley.
2022-23 Men’s Basketball Schedule
- Sat Oct 29 : vs Southern Illinois
- Mon Nov 7 : vs Longwood (SEC Network+)
- Fri Nov 11 : vs Liberty (SEC Network+)
- Tue Nov 15 : at South Alabama (ESPNU)
- Fri Nov 18 : vs Jacksonville State (SEC Network)
- Thu Nov 24 : vs Michigan State (ESPN)
- Fri Nov 25 : vs University of Connecticut (ESPN)
- Sun Nov 27 : vs North Carolina (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 3 : vs South Dakota State (SEC Network+)
- Sat Dec 10 : at Houston (ABC)
- Tue Dec 13 : vs Memphis (ESPN2)
- Sat Dec 17 : vs Gonzaga (CBS)
- Tue Dec 20 : vs Jackson State (SEC Network)
- Wed Dec 28 : at Mississippi State (SEC Network)
- Tue Jan 3 : vs Ole Miss (SEC Network)
- Sat Jan 7 : vs Kentucky (ESPN)
- Wed Jan 11 : at Arkansas (ESPN2)
- Sat Jan 14 : vs LSU (ESPN)
- Tue Jan 17 : at Vanderbilt (SEC Network)
- Sat Jan 21 : at Missouri (SEC Network)
- Wed Jan 25 : vs Mississippi State (SEC Network)
- Sat Jan 28 : at Oklahoma (ESPN)
- Tue Jan 31 : vs Vanderbilt (SEC Network)
- Sat Feb 4 : at LSU (ESPNU)
- Wed Feb 8 : vs Florida (ESPN2)
- Sat Feb 11 : at Auburn (ESPN)
- Wed Feb 15 : at Tennessee (ESPN2/ESPNU)
- Sat Feb 18 : vs Georgia (SEC Network)
- Wed Feb 22 : at South Carolina (ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU)
- Sat Feb 25 : vs Arkansas (ESPN/ESPN2)
- Wed Mar 1 : vs Auburn (ESPN2)
- Sat Mar 4 : at Texas A&M (CBS)
Alabama Women’s Basketball
Like the school’s men’s program, Alabama’s women’s basketball team’s high-water mark at the NCAA Tournament was the result of a Cinderella run.
In 1994, as the sixth seed in the Midwest Region, a win over 11th-seeded Oregon State was followed by defeats of the region’s top three seeds in successive contests: No 3 Iowa, No 2 Texas Tech, and No 1 Penn State. The run finally came to an end at the Final Four with a 69-66 loss to Louisiana Tech.
That is also the only time that this program has reached the Elite Eight. Meanwhile, it had an impressive multi-year stretch of making the Sweet 16 every season from 1994-98 as well as reaching that stage of the tournament in 1984.
The 2022-23 Crimson Tide have been led by Brittany Davis, who has a scoring average that is twice as high as the team’s second highest-scoring player, Aaliyah Nye. Filling out the team are Hannah Barber, Jada Rice, Sarah Ashlee Barker, and Megan Abrams.
2022-23 Women’s Basketball Schedule
- Mon Nov 7 : vs Alabama A&M (SEC Network+)
- Thu Nov 10 : at Tulane (ESPN+)
- Wed Nov 16 : at South Florida (ESPN+)
- Mon Nov 21 : vs Utah (Wed Nov 23 )
- Wed Nov 23 : vs Wake Forest ()
- Sun Nov 27 : vs Gardner-Webb (SEC Network+)
- Wed Nov 30 : at Mercer (ESPN+)
- Sat Dec 3 : vs Chattanooga (SEC Network+)
- Sun Dec 11 : at Southern Miss (ESPN+)
- Thu Dec 15 : vs Little Rock (SEC Network)
- Sun Dec 18 : vs Norfolk State (SEC Network+)
- Tue Dec 20 : vs Southeastern Louisiana (SEC Network+)
- Thu Dec 22 : vs North Florida (SEC Network+)
- Thu Dec 29 : vs Georgia (SEC Network+)
- Sun Jan 1 : at Tennessee (SEC Network)
- Thu Jan 5 : vs Missouri (SEC Network+)
- Sun Jan 8 : at Auburn (SEC Network)
- Sun Jan 15 : at Ole Miss (SEC Network)
- Thu Jan 19 : vs Texas A&M (SEC Network+)
- Mon Jan 23 : vs LSU (SEC Network)
- Thu Jan 26 : at Arkansas (SEC Network)
- Sun Jan 29 : vs South Carolina (ESPN2)
- Sun Feb 5 : at Missouri (SEC Network)
- Thu Feb 9 : at Kentucky (SEC Network+)
- Sun Feb 12 : vs Auburn (SEC Network)
- Thu Feb 16 : vs Vanderbilt (SEC Network+)
- Sun Feb 19 : at Mississippi State (SEC Network+)
- Thu Feb 23 : at Florida (SEC Network+)
- Sun Feb 26 : vs Ole Miss (SEC Network+)
Alabama’s basketball programs are looking to achieve successes more in line with what the school’s football team has achieved, and if you want to watch them on their respective paths journeys towards prominence, secure access to ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, and the SEC Network.
Also keep in mind that Alabama’s NCAA Men’s Tournament contests will instead be on one or more of CBS, TNT, TBS, and truTV. We recommend Sling TV for watching Alabama basketball. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
What channel is the Alabama-Auburn game on?
If you are referring to an SEC game – i.e. not an NCAA Tournament meeting – it will be on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, or the SEC Network, or it might be streamed on SEC Network+ in the case of a women’s matchup. During the 2022-23 regular season, the men’s meetings were scheduled for ESPN (the game in Auburn) and ESPN2 (the contest in Tuscaloosa) while both women’s matchups were slated for SEC Network coverage.
Which radio stations carry Alabama basketball games?
The Crimson Tide Sports Network provides radio broadcasts of all basketball games that the school’s two programs play. The CTSN has stations throughout the Yellowhammer State as well as in several communities in neighboring states. Game broadcasts may also be streamed online on the school’s athletics department’s website.
Has Alabama played in the Final Four?
Alabama’s men’s basketball team entered its 2022-23 campaign with no Final Four appearances although the 1929-30 Crimson Tide, which went 20-0 in the days before postseason tournament play, has been judged as retroactive national champions. However, Alabama’s women’s basketball team had an impressive Cinderella run to that sport’s Final Four in 1994, its lone tournament journey that extensive.
How do I watch particular college basketball teams?
We have guides for many teams:
- Alabama Crimson Tide
- Arizona Wildcats
- Auburn Tigers
- Baylor Bears
- Clemson Tigers
- College of Charleston Cougars
- Dayton Flyers
- Duke Blue Devils
- Florida Atlantic Owls
- Florida State Seminoles
- Gonzaga Bulldogs
- Houston Cougars
- Iowa State Cyclones
- Kansas Jayhawks
- Kansas State Wildcats
- Kentucky Wildcats
- Louisville Cardinals
- LSU Tigers
- Marquette Golden Eagles
- Maryland Terrapins
- Miami Hurricanes
- Ohio State Buckeyes
- Oregon Ducks
- Providence Friars
- Purdue Boilermakers
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights
- San Diego State Aztecs
- Seton Hall Pirates
- South Carolina Gamecocks
- Stanford Cardinal
- Tennessee Volunteers
- Texas Longhorns
- UCLA Bruins
- UConn Huskies
- Villanova Wildcats
- Virginia Cavaliers
- West Virginia Mountaineers
- Xavier Musketeers
Image cropped from Noah Gurley, Keon Ellis and Jaden Shackelford of the Alabama Crimson Tide by The University of Alabama under CC BY 3.0.
Page Updates ▼▲
Updated some sub-sections. Updated some section headings. Various changes.
Added links to streaming services. Added a few links.
Added table of contents. Added new section. Added buttons for streaming services. Changed some content in main section. More links. Misc content updates.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022