It’s time for March Madness Final Four! Watch it all with FuboTV’s free 7-day trial!
Get all the details including complete men’s and women’s schedules in our March Madness Guide.
Fans of the ISU Cyclones really need to cut the cord because most of their games are streaming only. We have all the details below.
In a hurry? Most of the men’s and women’s Cyclones games are streamed on ESPN+. Thus we recommend Hulu + Live TV for Iowa State fans. But if you are content with games on live TV channels, check out these services:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Iowa State Cyclones Basketball men’s team was founded in 1907, and the women’s team in 1973. Since the founding dates, fans have enjoyed watching their favorite team take the courts for some historical wins and championship games.
The men’s team won a total of 14 Conference Championships, and the women have won three Conference Championships since they debuted.
They continue to push their rivals to the limits, whether they win or lose to this day. There is no doubt they put on a good show and are one of the most respected teams to hit the court.
Channels to Watch Iowa State Cyclones Basketball
Cyclones basketball mostly streams on Big 12 Network on ESPN+. Fans will definitely want to get access to ESPN+ — either directly or through Hulu Live.
Games also appear on a number of TV channels. These are normally ones affiliated with ESPN. In particular, there are ESPN itself, ESPN2, ESPNU, and Longhorn Network. But also Fox Sports 1 (FS1) and Big Ten Network (BTN).
The women’s basketball games are covered by roughly the same channels as the men’s. This last year, they were featured once on ACC Network Extra.
Streaming Iowa State Basketball
You can watch most Iowa State Cyclones basketball games by signing up for ESPN+ directly ($9.99/mo). But you will probably want to combine it with live TV channels to get access to every game:
- Hulu + Live TV: Get all of Iowa State Basketball with this service featuring 85+ live channels along with ESPN+ and much more for $69.99/mo. (Hulu Live review)
- FuboTV: Start with 130+ sports-heavy TV channels and a great selection of RSN channels from $74.99/mo. (FuboTV review)
- Sling TV: The Sling Orange plan features ESPN channels starting at $40.00/mo. (Sling TV review) (March Madness coverage and schedule)
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get the channels you depend on starting at $74.99/mo. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Vidgo: Good service for NCAA fans with 100+ channels for $69.99/mo. (Vidgo review)
- YouTube TV: Offers over 100 channels for $72.99/mo.
These services all come with a cloud DVR (note that Vidgo’s is only for 90 days; you need to upgrade after that). And they allow you to stream simultaneously on multiple devices (except for Sling TV, which limits you to one with this plan).
Live stream with the following devices: Amazon Fire TV, Android Mobile, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, iOS (eg, iPhone), Roku, and web browsers. FuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, Sling TV, and YouTube TV all support a number of other smart TVs and gaming systems.
Iowa State Cyclones Basketball
Iowa State is the rare school to have both its men’s and women’s teams ranked in the top 25.
The name Cyclones goes back to 1895, when the state was hit by many tornadoes. After the heavy devastation, the name stuck with the university. Its mascot is “Cy the Mascot,” which is short for cyclone. It remained the mascot until 1954 when a cardinal was chosen because finding a costume to keep updating over the years was challenging.
The cardinal became the athletics mascot which depicted the school’s colors and is still the mascot at present. The team plays its home games in the Hilton Coliseum, which seats 14,267 fans in Ames, Iowa, and opened in 1971.
Their biggest rival is the University of Iowa Hawkeyes. The competitions get heated throughout basketball and their other sports teams.
Iowa State Men’s Basketball
Since the beginning of the 1907-1908 season, the men’s basketball team appeared 21 times in the NCAA tournaments with 21 wins and 21 losses. They made it to the Final Four once in their history but did not go all the way.
The men’s head coach is TJ Otzelberger, and the top players are Jaren Holmes (points per game leader), Tamin Lipsey (assists/steals), Osun Osunniyi (rebounds), Gabe Kalscheur, and Caleb Grill.
Although they have fallen a bit on the rankings, they are still consistently in the top 25.
2022-23 Men’s Basketball Schedule
- Mon Nov 7: vs IUPUI
- Sun Nov 13: vs North Carolina A&T (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Sun Nov 20: vs Milwaukee (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Thu Nov 24: vs Villanova (ESPN2)
- Fri Nov 25: vs North Carolina (BTN)
- Sun Nov 27: vs UConn (ESPN)
- Wed Nov 30: vs North Dakota (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Sun Dec 4: vs St. John’s (ESPN2)
- Thu Dec 8: @ Iowa (FS1)
- Sun Dec 11: vs McNeese (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Sun Dec 18: vs Western Michigan (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Wed Dec 21: vs Omaha
- Sat Dec 31: vs Baylor (ESPNU)
- Wed Jan 4: @ Oklahoma (ESPN2)
- Sat Jan 7: @ TCU (ESPNU)
- Tue Jan 10: vs Texas Tech (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Sat Jan 14: @ Kansas (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Tue Jan 17: vs Texas (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Sat Jan 21: @ Oklahoma State (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Tue Jan 24: vs Kansas State (ESPNU)
- Sat Jan 28: @ Missouri (ESPN2)
- Mon Jan 30: @ Texas Tech (ESPN2)
- Sat Feb 4: vs Kansas (ESPN)
- Wed Feb 8: @ West Virginia (ESPN2)
- Sat Feb 11: vs Oklahoma State (ESPN2)
- Wed Feb 15: vs TCU (ESPNU)
- Sat Feb 18: @ Kansas State (ESPN)
- Tue Feb 21: @ Texas (Longhorn)
- Sat Feb 25: vs Oklahoma (ESPNU)
- Mon Feb 27 : vs West Virginia (ESPN2)
- Sat Mar 4 : @ Baylor (ESPN/2)
Iowa State Cyclones Women’s Basketball
Since the beginning of the 1973-1974 season, the women’s basketball team won three titles, two of which were tournament wins. They have reached the NCAA tournament Elite Eight twice, the last time in 2009.
The women’s head coach is Bill Fennelly, who is coaching his 28th season. The top players in the women’s division are Ashley Joens, Stephanie Soares, and Lexi Donarski.
2022-23 Women’s Basketball Schedule
- Mon Nov 7: vs Cleveland State
- Thu Nov 10: vs Southern (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Wed Nov 16: @ Northern Iowa
- Sun Nov 20: vs Columbia (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Thu Nov 24: vs Michigan State (ESPNU)
- Sun Nov 27: vs North Carolina (ESPN2)
- Tue Nov 29: vs SIU Edwardsville (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Wed Dec 7: @ Iowa (ESPN2)
- Sun Dec 11: vs Jacksonville (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Sun Dec 18: vs Villanova (ACCNX)
- Thu Dec 22: vs Drake
- Sat Dec 31: @ Texas Tech (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Wed Jan 4: vs West Virginia (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Sun Jan 8: @ Oklahoma (ESPN2)
- Wed Jan 11: vs Kansas State (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Sun Jan 15: @ Texas (ESPN2)
- Wed Jan 18: vs Oklahoma State (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Sat Jan 21: vs Kansas (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Wed Jan 25: @ TCU (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Sat Jan 28: vs Oklahoma (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Wed Feb 1: @ Kansas State (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Sat Feb 4: vs Baylor (ESPNU)
- Sat Feb 11: @ West Virginia (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Mon Feb 13: vs Texas (ESPN2)
- Sat Feb 18: @ Baylor (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Wed Feb 22: @ Oklahoma State (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Sat Feb 25 : vs TCU (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Wed Mar 1 : @ Kansas (BIG12/ESPN+)
- Sat Mar 4 : vs Texas Tech (BIG12/ESPN+)
Will the Iowa State Cyclones go all the way to the final four and win it all? We can watch for the upcoming schedules and see both the men’s and women’s teams hash it out on the courts on our favorite channels and big-screen TVs.
Hulu + Live TV is our top choice for Iowa State Cyclones basketball. Try one month for $69.99.
What is Big 12 Now?
Big 12 Now is not really a channel or streaming service. It’s kind of a subsection of ESPN+ for fans of the Big 12 Conference teams. You will often see it referred to as “Big 12 Now on ESPN+.” It’s a convenient place where Big 12 fans can go in the ESPN app to find games. So in the schedule above, BIG12 simply refers to this. It’s all the same. It’s all ESPN+.
How do I watch other women’s and men’s college basketball teams?
Have a favorite team besides Iowa State? Find out how to watch here:
- Alabama Crimson Tide
- Arizona Wildcats
- Auburn Tigers
- Baylor Bears
- Clemson Tigers
- College of Charleston Cougars
- Dayton Flyers
- Duke Blue Devils
- Florida Atlantic Owls
- Florida State Seminoles
- Gonzaga Bulldogs
- Houston Cougars
- Iowa State Cyclones
- Kansas Jayhawks
- Kansas State Wildcats
- Kentucky Wildcats
- Louisville Cardinals
- LSU Tigers
- Marquette Golden Eagles
- Maryland Terrapins
- Miami Hurricanes
- Ohio State Buckeyes
- Oregon Ducks
- Providence Friars
- Purdue Boilermakers
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights
- San Diego State Aztecs
- Seton Hall Pirates
- South Carolina Gamecocks
- Stanford Cardinal
- Tennessee Volunteers
- Texas Longhorns
- UCLA Bruins
- UConn Huskies
- Villanova Wildcats
- Virginia Cavaliers
- West Virginia Mountaineers
- Xavier Musketeers
Iowa State vs Colorado by GoIowaState under CC BY-SA 2.0.
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022