It’s time for March Madness Final Four! Watch it all with FuboTV’s free 7-day trial!
Get all the details including complete men’s and women’s schedules in our March Madness Guide.
The Kansas State Wildcats provide a lot of great basketball — on the men’s and women’s sides. And you can only watch it all without cable. Read on for all the details.
In a hurry? Most Wildcats games air on the ESPN family of channels. But a lot of them are streaming-only on ESPN+. As a result, Hulu + Live TV, which includes it with its base plan, is probably the best choice for fans. But these choices will allow you to watch the most important games:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
The Kansas State Wildcats are based in one of the country’s basketball-crazy states, and both the school’s men’s and women’s programs have experienced some success. In particular, the men’s team has been in the top-25 rankings for much of its 2022-23 season and has even played in the national championship game, albeit decades ago.
Channels to Watch Kansas State Wildcats Basketball
Nearly all Big 12 Conference games and all home contests, including non-conference tilts, are available through a number of ESPN Family of Networks outlets. CBS Sports Network is another possibility.
During the 2022-23 K-State men’s season, several of those contests were shown on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, and the Longhorn Network. On the women’s side, just four of those games were broadcast on television: three on ESPNU, including a rivalry showdown with Kansas in Lawrence, and the away matchup with Texas on the Longhorn Network.
However, numerous Wildcats contests are not broadcast on any television networks and are instead streamed exclusively through ESPN+, which is sometimes branded as Big 12 Now and SoonerVision. More women’s games are streamed than men’s, but 12 regular-season men’s games this season fit this description, even that squad’s contest at KU.
Meanwhile, non-conference tilts played away from the school’s campus may be broadcast or streamed through other means. During their respective 2022-23 seasons, these other media entities have included the Pac-12 Network, FS1, and FloHoops on the men’s side and the Big Ten Network and ESPN3 for the women.
In fact, one women’s contest, a neutral-site game with South Dakota State that was played in Kansas City, Missouri, was not broadcast or streamed.
How to Stream Kansas State Basketball
Although a lot of Wildcats games appear on ESPN+, you still need live TV channels to watch the most important games.
- Hulu + Live TV: This is the best choice for basketball fans who want to watch virtually every Wildcats game because it offers ESPN+ along with almost all the live channels you need. Get it for $69.99/mo. (Hulu Live review)
- FuboTV: For more generalist sports fans, this is a great service with 130+ sports-heavy channels from $74.99/mo. (FuboTV review)
- Sling TV: You get all the base ESPN channels with the Sling Orange plan for just $40.00/mo. (Sling TV review) (March Madness coverage and schedule)
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a full cable replacement service with plans starting at $74.99/mo. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Vidgo: This is a great service for NCAA basketball fans with 100+ channels including pretty much all the ESPN family for $69.99/mo. (Vidgo review)
- YouTube TV: Get 100+ channels for $72.99/mo.
All of these services provide a cloud DVR although you will need to upgrade your plan if you go with Vidgo. And other than Sling TV, they also allow you to stream on multiple devices at the same time (FuboTV and DIRECTV STREAM offer a particularly large number).
Finally, all the services provide apps for the most popular streaming devices: Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, web browsers, as well as mobile devices from Android and iOS. Various smart TVs and gaming systems are supported by many as well.
Kansas State Wildcats Basketball
Both K-State basketball squads play home games at Bramlage Coliseum on the KSU campus in Manhattan. It opened in 1988. Although it initially had a seating capacity of 13,500, that number has since been reduced to 11,000.
The school’s men’s team started playing in 1902 while the women’s squad first hit the hardwood in 1968.
Both have rivalries with their Kansas Jayhawk counterparts. The universities are 75 miles apart, and they comprise two of the state’s three Division I athletics departments; Wichita State is the third.
Kansas State does have a rivalry with the Shockers as well, but that one is a far second in importance to the one with KU. However, they have now resumed playing on an annual basis on the men’s side.
Kansas State Wildcats Men’s Basketball
Kansas State’s most prominent days in men’s basketball were in and around the 1950s.
The team’s lone appearance in the national championship game occurred in 1951. That squad knocked off Arizona, BYU, and Oklahoma A&M (now known as Oklahoma State) before falling to Kentucky, 68-58. Final Four appearances were also attained in 1948, 1958, and 1964. The Wildcats have also gotten to the verge of the Final Four in recent times, reaching the Elite Eight in 2010 and 2018.
The 2022-23 K-State Wildcats are pushing towards what they hope will be another long tournament run under new head coach Jerome Tang. Those leading that squad are Keyontae Johnson, Markquis Nowell, Nae’Qwan Tomlin, David N’Guessan, Cam Carter, and Desi Sills.
2022-23 Men’s Basketball Schedule
- Tue Nov 1 : vs Washburn (Big 12 Now)
- Mon Nov 7 : vs UTRGV (Big 12 Now)
- Fri Nov 11 : at California (Pac-12 Network)
- Thu Nov 17 : vs Kansas City (Big 12 Now)
- Mon Nov 21 : vs Rhode Island (FloHoops)
- Tue Nov 22 : vs Nevada (FloHoops)
- Wed Nov 23 : vs LSU (FloHoops)
- Wed Nov 30 : at Butler (FS1)
- Sat Dec 3 : vs Wichita State (ESPNU)
- Tue Dec 6 : vs Abilene Christian (Big 12 Now)
- Sun Dec 11 : vs Incarnate Word (Big 12 Now)
- Sat Dec 17 : vs Nebraska (Big 12 Now)
- Wed Dec 21 : vs Radford (Big 12 Now)
- Sat Dec 31 : vs West Virginia (Big 12 Now)
- Tue Jan 3 : at Texas (LHN)
- Sat Jan 7 : at Baylor (Big 12 Now)
- Tue Jan 10 : vs Oklahoma State (ESPNU)
- Sat Jan 14 : at TCU (ESPN2)
- Tue Jan 17 : vs Kansas (ESPN)
- Sat Jan 21 : vs Texas Tech (ESPN2)
- Tue Jan 24 : at Iowa State (ESPNU)
- Sat Jan 28 : vs Florida (ESPN2)
- Tue Jan 31 : at Kansas (Big 12 Now)
- Sat Feb 4 : vs Texas (ESPN2)
- Tue Feb 7 : vs TCU (ESPNU)
- Sat Feb 11 : at Texas Tech (Big 12 Now)
- Tue Feb 14 : at Oklahoma (ESPNU)
- Sat Feb 18 : vs Iowa State (ESPN)
- Tue Feb 21 : vs Baylor (ESPN2)
- Sat Feb 25 : at Oklahoma State (ESPNU)
- Wed Mar 1 : vs Oklahoma (Big 12 Now)
- Sat Mar 4 : at West Virginia (Big 12 Now)
Kansas State Wildcats Women’s Basketball
Kansas State’s women’s program does not have a lot of postseason success, and it enjoyed much of that during the first three NCAA Tournaments, reaching the Sweet 16 in 1982, 1983, and 1984. The 1982 KSU squad also went one step further, knocking off top-seeded Old Dominion, 76-67, in the regional semifinals before falling to the second seed, Cheyney, 93-71.
However, the Wildcats have only gotten to the Sweet 16 once since, in 2002.
With that said, the program is coming off of an NCAA Tournament appearance and postseason win in 2022, being appointed as an eight seed and easing past Washington State, 50-40. However, no upset of the top-seeded school in the region happened this go-around as North Carolina State beat the Wildcats, 89-57, in the next round.
Jeff Mittie is in his ninth season as head coach. Leading the way for the 2022-23 K-State squad are Gabby Gregory, Serena Sundell, Sarah Sehmatsi, and sisters Jaelyn and Brylee Glenn.
2022-23 Women’s Basketball Schedule
- Mon Oct 31 : vs Fort Hays State (ESPN+)
- Fri Nov 4 : vs Newman (ESPN+)
- Mon Nov 7 : vs Central Arkansas (ESPN+)
- Fri Nov 11 : vs Wisconsin (BTN)
- Thu Nov 17 : vs Iowa (ESPN+)
- Fri Nov 18 : vs UTRGV (ESPN+)
- Sun Nov 20 : vs Utah Tech (ESPN+)
- Thu Nov 24 : vs Clemson (ESPN3)
- Fri Nov 25 : vs Northern Arizona (ESPN3)
- Sat Nov 26 : vs Arkansas (ESPN3)
- Sun Dec 4 : vs Houston (ESPN+)
- Wed Dec 7 : vs Kansas City (ESPN+)
- Sat Dec 10 : vs South Dakota State
- Sun Dec 18 : vs Northern Colorado (ESPN+)
- Wed Dec 21 : vs Morgan State (ESPN+)
- Sat Dec 31 : at Texas (Longhorn)
- Wed Jan 4 : vs Oklahoma State (ESPN+)
- Sat Jan 7 : vs West Virginia (ESPN+)
- Wed Jan 11 : at Iowa State (ESPN+)
- Sat Jan 14 : vs Texas Tech (ESPN+)
- Wed Jan 18 : at Baylor (ESPN+)
- Sat Jan 21 : vs TCU (ESPN+)
- Wed Jan 25 : at Oklahoma State (ESPN+)
- Sun Jan 29 : at Kansas (ESPNU)
- Wed Feb 1 : vs Iowa State (ESPN+)
- Sun Feb 5 : at Texas Tech (ESPNU)
- Sun Feb 12 : vs Oklahoma (ESPNU)
- Wed Feb 15 : vs Baylor (ESPN+)
- Sat Feb 18 : at TCU vs (ESPN+)
- Wed Feb 22 : vs Kansas (ESPN+)
- Sat Feb 25 : at West Virginia (ESPN+)
- Wed Mar 1 : at Oklahoma (ESPN+)
- Sat Mar 4 : vs Texas (ESPN+)
Fortunately, watching K-State basketball games can be done fairly easily. Gain access to ESPN-related channels and ESPN+, and you will be able to watch all or nearly all Big 12 college basketball games and a considerable number of non-conference contests, particularly those played at home.
But keep in mind that CBS, TNT, TBS, and truTV will be necessary to ensure access to any NCAA Tournament games that the Wildcats men’s team play.
We recommend Hulu Live for Wildcats fans. Try one month for $69.99.
How can I watch the Kansas-Kansas State basketball game?
You may be able to watch the Kansas-Kansas State rivalry showdown on ESPN or ESPN2, or it might only be available through an ESPN+ live stream. In fact, the latter option is even the case in men’s matchups on a regular basis. During the 2022-23 season, one men’s and one women’s meeting between these teams were on ESPN+ while the other men’s matchup was featured on ESPN, and the other women’s one was shown on ESPNU.
How can I watch Big 12 Now?
Big 12 Now is not a streaming service but rather a section of the ESPN+ streaming service. So if you see a game advertised as being on Big 12 Now, just go to ESPN+ in the ESPN app. Its full name is Big 12 Now on ESPN+.
How do I watch other college basketball teams?
Get more information in our team-specific guides:
- Alabama Crimson Tide
- Arizona Wildcats
- Auburn Tigers
- Baylor Bears
- Clemson Tigers
- College of Charleston Cougars
- Dayton Flyers
- Duke Blue Devils
- Florida Atlantic Owls
- Florida State Seminoles
- Gonzaga Bulldogs
- Houston Cougars
- Iowa State Cyclones
- Kansas Jayhawks
- Kansas State Wildcats
- Kentucky Wildcats
- Louisville Cardinals
- LSU Tigers
- Marquette Golden Eagles
- Maryland Terrapins
- Miami Hurricanes
- Ohio State Buckeyes
- Oregon Ducks
- Providence Friars
- Purdue Boilermakers
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights
- San Diego State Aztecs
- Seton Hall Pirates
- South Carolina Gamecocks
- Stanford Cardinal
- Tennessee Volunteers
- Texas Longhorns
- UCLA Bruins
- UConn Huskies
- Villanova Wildcats
- Virginia Cavaliers
- West Virginia Mountaineers
- Xavier Musketeers
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022