The 2023 NFL football season has begun! Get all the information in our NFL Guide!
And you can follow the whole season with Fubo. Try it free!
The NCAA Division I Men’s Hockey Tournament is underway right now, leading up to the Frozen Four and the national title matchup on April 8. Sign up now for Sling Orange to be ready for the Buckeyes’ next game versus the Quinnipiac Bobcats on March 26 at on ESPN2!
TV coverage of the Ohio State basketball programs isn’t as good as it should be — especially on the women’s side. But you can still stream the vast majority of games. Read on to learn how!
In a hurry? Many Buckeyes games appear on major channels but most are on Big Ten Network. You can get it and the others with these streaming services:
- Fubo: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 150+ well-selected channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
The Ohio State Buckeyes athletics department is one of the nation’s largest, and its basketball teams receive significant interest as they battle for Big Ten Conference and national success. Both are especially popular throughout the Buckeye State, but their fan bases spread throughout the country.
Do you want to join Brutus Buckeye in cheering on the Buckeyes, or perhaps you simply love college basketball and would like to see one or both of these teams play as well? We will share how you can do that.
Channels to Watch Ohio State Buckeyes Basketball
If you are looking for the most Ohio State basketball games to watch, the Big Ten Network and B1G+, the BTN‘s streaming partner, should be your targets. However, if your focus is the OSU men’s team, B1G+ will mostly not be necessary. For example, just one of its 2022-23 games was on that outlet: the team’s season-opener, a home non-conference game with Robert Morris.
Also note that during their respective 2022-23 seasons, both the men’s and women’s Ohio State squads were featured on ESPN2 and FS1 as well. The men’s team was also shown on ESPN, Fox, and CBS.
Keep in mind that non-conference games that are not hosted by the Buckeyes may be instead available through other outlets. During its 2022-23 campaign, the OSU women had a game on the ACC Network, at Boston College on November 13, and other contests streamed on ESPN+ and FloHoops.
Streaming Ohio State Basketball
Get most if not all of the channels you need to watch the Buckeyes with these streaming services:
- Fubo (formerly FuboTV): Get 130+ channels including BTN and its subchannels plus CBS Sports Network, ESPN, FS1, and much more with plans starting at $74.99/mo. (Fubo review)
- Sling TV: Sling Blue ($40.00/mo) provides Fox and NBC channels. You can get BTN with the sports extra for $11/mo, which also provides NFL RedZone, NBA TV, and more. (Sling TV review) (March Madness coverage and schedule)
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get 100+ channels including BTN and a great selection of RSNs with the Choice package for $99.99/mo. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Offers 85+ live channels along with ESPN+ and Disney+ for $69.99/mo. (Hulu Live review)
- Vidgo: NCAA fans will like this 100+ channel lineup for $69.99/mo. (Vidgo review)
- YouTube TV: Get over 100 channels for $72.99/mo.
Cloud DVRs come standard with all the streaming services except for Vidgo, which provides a 90-day trial (after that, you will need to upgrade to the Premium plan). And every streaming service allows you to watch on multiple devices at once in cases where not everyone wants to watch the Buckeyes game.
The following streaming devices are universally supported: Amazon Fire TV, Android Mobile, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, iPhone/iPad, Roku, and web browsers. Most of the streaming services also support smart TVs (LG, Samsung, Vizio) and gaming systems (Xbox).
Ohio State Buckeyes Basketball
Both Buckeye squads attract large crowds to Value City Arena, where they have played since it opened in 1998. The 18,809-seat facility is located on the Ohio State University campus in Columbus.
They share rivalries with Michigan.
In men’s basketball, this rivalry has been close in general although the schools have alternated solid runs. For example, Ohio State went 22-5 in 27 meetings with Michigan from 1999 to 2012. They then went 10-10 against each other in their next 20 matchups.
The Buckeyes have dominated the women’s basketball rivalry between these teams overall, but it has gotten tighter the last several years as they went 10-10 against each other from 2010 to 2022.
Ohio State Men’s Basketball
Although Ohio State has been a regular NCAA Tournament participant, it has not experienced the big lights of the Final Four often, only reaching that stage three times since the 1960s, in 1999, 2007, and 2012, while the 1999 tournament run was later vacated by the NCAA. However, it does have a strong history as it played in the Final Four eight times between 1939 and 1968.
Also, OSU is in the select group of programs that has claimed a national title. In 1960, the Buckeyes strung together wins over Western Kentucky, Georgia Tech, NYU, and California to secure that championship.
Ohio State entered its 2022-23 campaign with recent tournament appearances, making each of the last four editions (2018, 2019, 2021, and 2022), but it has not gotten past the first couple of rounds and into the Sweet 16 since 2013.
Those leading the 2022-23 Buckeyes have included Brice Sensabaugh, Justice Sueing, and Zed Key. Chris Holtmann has seen a lot of success as head coach for the last four seasons. And this season was going well with a 10-3 record. They were even in the top-25 of the rankings. But then, starting January 5th, the Buckeyes went on an epic losing streak, going 1-14.
2022-23 Men’s Basketball Schedule
- Mon Nov 7: vs Robert Morris
- Thu Nov 10: vs Charleston Southern (BTN)
- Wed Nov 16: vs Eastern Illinois (BTN)
- Mon Nov 21: vs San Diego State (ESPN2)
- Tue Nov 22: vs Cincinnati (ESPN2)
- Wed Nov 23: vs Texas Tech (ESPN)
- Wed Nov 30: @ Duke (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 3: vs St. Francis (BTN)
- Thu Dec 8: vs Rutgers (ESPN2)
- Sat Dec 17: vs North Carolina (CBS)
- Wed Dec 21: vs Maine (BTN)
- Thu Dec 29: vs Alabama A&M (BTN)
- Sun Jan 1: @ Northwestern (BTN)
- Thu Jan 5: vs Purdue (FS1)
- Sun Jan 8: @ Maryland (ESPN)
- Thu Jan 12: vs Minnesota (FS1)
- Sun Jan 15: @ Rutgers (BTN)
- Wed Jan 18: @ Nebraska (BTN)
- Sat Jan 21: vs Iowa (Fox)
- Tue Jan 24: @ Illinois (ESPN)
- Sat Jan 28: @ Indiana (Fox)
- Thu Feb 2: vs Wisconsin (FS1)
- Sun Feb 5: @ Michigan (CBS)
- Thu Feb 9: vs Northwestern (FS1)
- Sun Feb 12: vs Michigan State (CBS)
- Thu Feb 16: @ Iowa (ESPN2)
- Sun Feb 19: @ Purdue (CBS)
- Thu Feb 23: vs Penn State (FS1)
- Sun Feb 26 : vs Illinois (CBS)
- Wed Mar 1 : vs Maryland (BTN)
- Sat Mar 4 : @ Michigan State (ESPN)
Ohio State Women’s Basketball
The Ohio State’s women’s basketball program has experienced postseason success over the years, including a run to the national championship game in 1993. That squad beat Rutgers, Western Kentucky, Virginia, and Iowa, the latter game in overtime, 73-72, before falling just short of Texas Tech, 84-82.
Another Sweet 16 run is very much a possibility for the 2022-23 Buckeyes. This aspirational team has had solid contributions from numerous players, including Taylor Mikesell, Jacy Sheldon, Cotie McMahon, Taylor Thierry, Rebeka Mikulasikova, and Rikki Harris.
2022-23 Women’s Basketball Schedule
- Tue, Nov 8: vs Tennessee
- Sun, Nov 13: @ Boston College (ACCN)
- Thu, Nov 17: @ Ohio (ESPN+)
- Sun, Nov 20: vs McNeese
- Wed, Nov 23: vs Wright State
- Sun, Nov 27: vs North Alabama
- Wed, Nov 30: @ Louisville (ACCN)
- Sun, Dec 4: @ Rutgers (BTN)
- Thu, Dec 8: vs New Hampshire
- Sun, Dec 11: vs Michigan State (BTN)
- Fri, Dec 16: vs Albany
- Tue, Dec 20: vs South Florida
- Wed, Dec 21: vs Oregon
- Wed, Dec 28: @ Northwestern (BTN)
- Sat, Dec 31: vs Michigan (BTN)
- Thu, Jan 5: @ Minnesota
- Sun, Jan 8: vs Illinois
- Sat, Jan 14: @ Nebraska (BTN)
- Thu, Jan 19: vs Northwestern (BTN)
- Mon, Jan 23: vs Iowa (ESPN2)
- Thu, Jan 26: @ Indiana (BTN)
- Sun, Jan 29: vs Purdue
- Wed, Feb 1: @ Wisconsin
- Sun, Feb 5: @ Maryland (ESPN2)
- Wed, Feb 8: vs Minnesota
- Mon, Feb 13: vs Indiana (BTN)
- Thu, Feb 16: @ Penn State
- Mon, Feb 20: @ Michigan
- Fri, Feb 24 : vs Maryland (BTN)
The Ohio State Buckeyes men’s and women’s basketball programs are a couple of the Big Ten’s premier ones with devoted fan bases spread across the country. If you are in one or both groups or simply want to enjoy as much college basketball as possible, make sure to secure access to the Big Ten Network, B1G+, ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, Fox, and CBS. These will you will be able to watch them play on a regular basis.
We recommend Fubo for Ohio State Buckeyes basketball fans. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
How to Watch Other College Basketball Teams
We have guides for many of the top NCAA basketball programs:
- Alabama Crimson Tide
- Arizona Wildcats
- Auburn Tigers
- Baylor Bears
- Clemson Tigers
- College of Charleston Cougars
- Dayton Flyers
- Duke Blue Devils
- Florida Atlantic Owls
- Florida State Seminoles
- Gonzaga Bulldogs
- Houston Cougars
- Iowa State Cyclones
- Kansas Jayhawks
- Kansas State Wildcats
- Kentucky Wildcats
- Louisville Cardinals
- LSU Tigers
- Marquette Golden Eagles
- Maryland Terrapins
- Miami Hurricanes
- Ohio State Buckeyes
- Oregon Ducks
- Providence Friars
- Purdue Boilermakers
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights
- San Diego State Aztecs
- Seton Hall Pirates
- South Carolina Gamecocks
- Stanford Cardinal
- Tennessee Volunteers
- Texas Longhorns
- UCLA Bruins
- UConn Huskies
- Villanova Wildcats
- Virginia Cavaliers
- West Virginia Mountaineers
- Xavier Musketeers
Page Updates ▼▲
Added links to streaming services.
Added useful links.
Added new section. Added buttons for streaming services. Updates to a section. Changed some content in main section. Added some more links.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022