The 2023 NFL football season has begun! Get all the information in our NFL Guide!
And you can follow the whole season with Fubo. Try it free!
Providence College basketball fans can watch every game of both the men’s and women’s teams. Or they can as long as they cut the cord. A lot of games are streaming only. Read on to learn everything you need to know!
In a hurry? Most men’s team games are featured on Fox Sports channels and most women’s games appear on FloHoops. For live TV games, these streaming services work great:
- Fubo: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 150+ well-selected channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
In 2022, the Providence Friars completed their hundredth season of competitive collegiate basketball and they celebrated with their first trip to the Sweet 16 since 1997.
Providence has a long history of putting good teams out on the floor. Rick Pitino, Billy Donovan, John Thompson, and Lenny Wilkens all have ties to the Friars and are some of the greatest college and NBA coaches of all time.
Providence continues to produce men’s basketball teams that consistently end up playing in March Madness.
Channels to Watch Providence Friars Basketball
Unlike the power five basketball conferences, the Big East does not have its own television channel on which teams from the conference are featured. Because of this, it can be difficult to consistently find televised games for some of the teams from this conference.
The Providence women’s team is difficult to find on television. Only a handful of games appear on channels like FS1 and whatever provider their opponents use. But the good news is that almost all of their games stream live on FloHoops — the FloSports basketball network.
The men’s basketball team, on the other hand, has been consistently ranked in the top-20 in the nation over the past couple of years, and their games can usually be found on either CBS Sports Network (CBSSN), Fox Sports 1 (FS1), Fox, FS2, or ESPNU. The majority of their games to date have been televised on FS1.
Streaming Providence Basketball
All these live TV streaming services will allow you to watch the vast majority of Friars basketball games on the men’s side:
- Fubo (formerly FuboTV): Get 130+ channels with a strong sports-bent for $74.99/mo. (Fubo review)
- Sling TV: The Blue plan ($40.00/mo) allows you to watch most games but you can increase that by combining it with the Orange plan and Sports Extra add-on. (Sling TV review) (March Madness coverage and schedule)
- DIRECTV STREAM: Offers 75+ channels ($74.99/mo) that will allow you to watch most games. Upgrade for them all. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Watch every men’s basketball game with this 85+ live TV channel plan for $69.99/mo. (Hulu Live review)
- Vidgo: Great service for NCAA fans starting at $69.99/mo. (Vidgo review)
- YouTube TV: Get 100+ channels for $72.99/mo.
Streaming services generally provide cloud DVRs by default. The only one that doesn’t is Vidgo, which provides one for 90 days and then requires you to upgrade to keep it.
Similarly, streaming services generally allow you to stream on multiple devices at once. That’s true of all the services here. Some are extreme. Fubo allows you to stream on up to 10 devices at once. DIRECTV STREAM offers unlimited devices but, of course, that’s bandwidth-limited.
All these streaming services support the following devices:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android Mobile
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Web browsers
Fubo, Sling, Hulu, and YouTube also support many smart TVs and gaming consoles.
If you are a Providence Friars women’s basketball fan, the live TV channels will limit you to only a few games. But almost all their games stream live on FloHoops.
See our complete guide to FloSports — the umbrella streaming service that includes FloHoops. It is a great option for NCAA women’s basketball in general.
Providence Friars Basketball
Providence Friars basketball started in 1921 on an informal basis, and then formed a consistently competitive college team in 1926.
The school operated as an independent for the first 60 years of its existence until 1979 when the Friars joined the Big East as one of the conference’s founding schools that also included basketball powerhouses Georgetown Hoyas, Syracuse Orange, and St John’s Red Storm.
The women’s team joined the conference in 1982 and the school has remained affiliated with the Big East ever since.
The “Ocean State Rivalry” between Providence and Rhode Island University, is the school’s biggest rivalry, and through 133 meetings, Providence enjoys a 75-58 advantage. There are also heated rivalries with UConn and Boston College.
The men’s basketball team plays their home games in the Amica Mutual Pavilion, also known as the “AMP.” This 12,500-seat pavilion was formerly known as the Dunkin Donuts Center. Amica Mutual Insurance Company purchased the naming rights in 2022. The less heralded women’s team plays at Alumni Hall, a 1,854-seat gymnasium on campus.
Providence Friars Men’s Basketball
The men’s team has been to two Final Fours in 1973 and 1987, two additional Elite Eights, and numerous visits to March Madness. The 1987 season featured leading scorer Billy Donovan and Head Coach Rick Pitino taking the team all the way to the Final Four. Donovan and Pitino went onto historic careers in coaching both in the NBA and NCAA.
Head coach Ed Cooley is in his 12th season with the team. Forward Bryce Hopkins is the Friar’s best player and leading rebounder and scorer. Guards Jared Bynum and Devin Carter lead the team in assists while forward Ed Croswell enforces the paint.
2022-23 Men’s Basketball Schedule
- Sat Oct 15 : vs Mal Brown Game
- Thu Oct 20 : vs American International College
- Sat Oct 29 : vs Assumption University
- Tue Nov 8 : vs Rider University (FS1)
- Sat Nov 12 : vs Northeastern University (FS2)
- Tue Nov 15 : vs Stonehill College (FS2)
- Sat Nov 19 : vs University of Miami (ESPNews)
- Sun Nov 20 : vs Saint Louis University (ESPNU)
- Wed Nov 23 : vs Merrimack College (FS2)
- Sat Nov 26 : vs Columbia University (FS2)
- Wed Nov 30 : at Texas Christian University (ESPN+)
- Sat Dec 3 : at University of Rhode Island (ESPNU)
- Wed Dec 7 : vs Manhattan College (FS1)
- Sat Dec 10 : vs UAlbany (FS1)
- Sat Dec 17 : at Seton Hall University (Fox)
- Tue Dec 20 : vs Marquette University (CBSSN)
- Thu Dec 29 : at Butler University (FS1)
- Sun Jan 1 : at DePaul University (FS1)
- Wed Jan 4 : vs University of Connecticut (FS1)
- Sat Jan 7 : vs St John’s University (FS1)
- Sat Jan 14 at Creighton University (FS1)
- Wed Jan 18 at Marquette University (CBSSN)
- Sat Jan 21 : vs DePaul University (FS1)
- Wed Jan 25 : vs Butler University (FS1)
- Sun Jan 29 : at Villanova University (FS1)
- Wed Feb 1 : at Xavier University (FS1)
- Wed Feb 8 : vs Georgetown University (CBSSN)
- Sat Feb 11 : at St John’s University (Fox)
- Tue Feb 14 : vs Creighton University (FS1)
- Sat Feb 18 : vs Villanova University (Fox)
- Wed Feb 22 : at University of Connecticut (FS1)
- Sun Feb 26 : at Georgetown University (Fox)
- Wed Mar 1 : vs Xavier University (FS1)
- Sat Mar 4 : vs Seton Hall University (Fox)
Providence Friars Women’s Basketball
The women’s team has not had the same level of success as the men, but they have been in the NCAA tournament five times including one trip to the Sweet Sixteen in 1990. The women’s team began in 1974 and joined the Big East in 1982 where it continues to compete today. Their last trip to the tournament was in 1992, but the team has experience some level of success recently with a winning record during the 2018-19 season for the first time since 2009 and the 2022-23 team is playing well.
Senior Guard Janai Crooms leads the team in points, assists, rebounds, and steals and is the leader and star of this team. Sophomore Forward Olivia Olsen leads the team in blocks and continues to improve while Guards Grace Efosa and Kylee Sheppard are third and fourth in scoring respectively.
2022-23 Women’s Basketball Schedule
- Mon Nov 7 : vs Dayton (FloHoops)
- Fri Nov 11 : vs Stonehill (FloHoops)
- Mon Nov 14 : at Rhode Island (ESPN+)
- Thu Nov 17 : at Iona (ESPN+)
- Sun Nov 20 : at Boston College (ACCNX)
- Fri Nov 25 : vs Hartford (FloHoops)
- Sat Nov 26 : vs Weber State (FloHoops)
- Sun Nov 27 : vs Bryant (FloHoops)
- Fri Dec 2 : at #3/3 Connecticut (SNY)
- Sun Dec 4 : vs Villanova (FloHoops)
- Wed Dec 7 : vs Brown (FloHoops)
- Sat Dec 10 : vs Central Connecticut (FloHoops)
- Sun Dec 18 : at #RV/RV St John’s (FS1)
- Tue Dec 20 : at Sacred Heart (FloHoops)
- Wed Dec 28 : at DePaul (FloHoops)
- Wed Jan 4 : at #25/24 Creighton (FloHoops)
- Sun Jan 8 : vs Seton Hall (FloHoops)
- Wed Jan 11 : vs Xavier (FloHoops)
- Sat Jan 14 : at Marquette (FloHoops)
- Wed Jan 18 : at Butler (FloHoops)
- Sat Jan 21 : vs Georgetown (FloHoops)
- Tue Jan 24 : vs #-/RV Creighton (FloHoops)
- Sat Jan 28 : at Xavier (FloHoops)
- Wed Feb 1 : vs #5/4 Connecticut (SNY)
- Sat Feb 4 : at Seton Hall (FloHoops)
- Sat Feb 11 : vs Butler (FloHoops)
- Wed Feb 15 : vs Marquette (FloHoops)
- Sat Feb 18 : vs DePaul (FloHoops)
- Tue Feb 21 : at Georgetown (FloHoops)
- Fri Feb 24 : at Villanova (FloHoops)
- Mon Feb 27 : vs St John’s (FloHoops)
Providence continues to impress this year as they continue to move up the rankings and are a lock for the 2022-23 version of March Madness. Their talent and brand of up-tempo basketball make them a must-watch for many basketball fans even though they are outside of the Power-5 basketball conferences. Tune into FS1, ESPNU, FOX, and more to see how Providence wraps up their regular season and prepares for the tournament.
What radio stations carry Providence Friars basketball?
WPRO is the new home for Providence men’s basketball and can be found at 99.7 on your FM dial or 630 AM . You can also listen to every game on the Providence University radio station 91.3 FM WDOM. Nationally, we can list to Friars games on SiriusXM.
How can I watch other college basketball teams?
Check out our viewer’s guides for specific teams:
- Alabama Crimson Tide
- Arizona Wildcats
- Auburn Tigers
- Baylor Bears
- Clemson Tigers
- College of Charleston Cougars
- Dayton Flyers
- Duke Blue Devils
- Florida Atlantic Owls
- Florida State Seminoles
- Gonzaga Bulldogs
- Houston Cougars
- Iowa State Cyclones
- Kansas Jayhawks
- Kansas State Wildcats
- Kentucky Wildcats
- Louisville Cardinals
- LSU Tigers
- Marquette Golden Eagles
- Maryland Terrapins
- Miami Hurricanes
- Ohio State Buckeyes
- Oregon Ducks
- Providence Friars
- Purdue Boilermakers
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights
- San Diego State Aztecs
- Seton Hall Pirates
- South Carolina Gamecocks
- Stanford Cardinal
- Tennessee Volunteers
- Texas Longhorns
- UCLA Bruins
- UConn Huskies
- Villanova Wildcats
- Virginia Cavaliers
- West Virginia Mountaineers
- Xavier Musketeers
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Image cropped from Jalen Lindsey (Providence) Nicola Akele (Rhode Island) by Ken Jancef under CC BY 2.0.
Page Updates ▼▲
Added FAQ section. Added new section. Added buttons for streaming services. Reworked one section. Cross linking. Mentioned offers.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022