Don’t miss NLF and NCAA football this year. Watch it all with FuboTV!
Are you wondering if you can watch football online if you ditch the cable? This page explains how you can watch any pro football game and most college football games on live TV without paying a cable bill. We cover the streaming services you’ll need to get access to the key football channels for NFL, NCAA, and XFL coverage.
In a hurry? The Big Four networks and ESPN are critical for football fans — regardless of whether you prefer pro or college. These services will provide you with more football than you probably have time to watch:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 120+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Football fans don’t need to worry about cutting the cord. Everything you can get with a regular cable subscription you can get with a live TV streaming service. And you can generally get it for less money. Even better? You can probably get more with a streaming service.
Below we provide information on watching particular events and teams. Further down, we discuss the best streaming services for football fans.
Stream Your Favorite Games
If you are looking for information to stream a particular event or team, you’ve come to the right place. Here are individual articles to guide you through the process.
NFL Online Without Cable
See our in-depth guide on Ways to Watch Football Online without Cable for tips on getting set-up and the best ways to get the games you want. Or if you are looking for a specific event, see these guides:
- NFL Regular Season
- Out-Of-Market Football Games
- NFL Combine
- NFL Draft
- NFL Preseason
- NFL Pro Bowl
- How to Watch the NFL Playoff Games Without Cable
How to Watch Your Favorite NFL Team Without Cable
Or if you don’t have a favorite team, see one of the guides below on how to watch any team you want to see play live:
XFL Online Without Cable
You can also watch XFL online without cable, or if you want to watch your favorite team play, see our team guides below to find out what channels you need to see their games live:
- Dallas Renegades
- DC Defenders
- Houston Roughnecks
- Los Angeles Wildcats
- New York Guardians
- Seattle Dragons
- St Louis BattleHawks
- Tampa Bay Vipers
NCAA Online Without Cable
Looking for a way to watch NCAA online? Here are the two main streaming guides you need:
- College Football Bowl Games Today: Schedule, How to Watch Online
- How to Watch the College Football National Championship Online without Cable
How to Watch Specific Teams Without Cable
If you want to catch a specific college team, see these college football team streaming guides:
- Alabama Crimson Tide
- Auburn Tigers
- Clemson Tigers
- Georgia Bulldogs
- LSU Tigers
- Louisville Cardinals
- Maryland Terrapins
- Michigan Wolverines
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish
- Ohio State Buckeyes
- Oklahoma Sooners
- Texas Longhorns
- West Virginia Mountaineers
How to Watch Specific Bowl Games Without Cable
See these guides on where you can stream your favorite bowl games online:
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Top Football Stream Services
All of the major streaming services provide at least some access to football. Our favorite service is now Hulu + Live TV. It has all the local channels you need plus ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC Network, and SEC Network. But what pushes it over the top for us is the inclusion of ESPN+. You get all that, plus a broad range of 85+ other channels, its exceptional on-demand library, and Disney+ — all for $69.99/mo!
But if you are on a budget, for $40.00/mo, Sling TV offers the Orange plan that includes ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3. For the same price, its Blue plan includes Fox, NBC, and Fox Sports 1 (FS1). And for $11.00/mo more, you can get the Sports Extra add-on that gives you college sports networks as well as NBA, MLB, and NHL.
For a bit more, DIRECTV STREAM ($69.99/mo) and YouTube TV ($64.99/mo) provide good general sports coverage with a lot of football. However, the biggest football fans will want to look closely at the two streaming services that cater most to sports:
- FuboTV ($69.99/mo): Although it really shines in the context of the full range of sports worldwide, FuboTV offers NFL Network and regional sports networks (RSNs) with good coverage of college football.
- Vidgo ($59.95/mo): Provides great football coverage with all the ESPN college leagues, NFL Network, and even NFL RedZone!
Where can I watch college football live?
If you want to watch college football, Hulu is a streaming service that offers several channels with live broadcasts. These channels include FOX, ESPN, ABC, BTN, FS1, CBS, and SEC ESPN Network. fuboTV’s pro plan also has these channels in addition to other sports networks like FS1 and ESPN2.
Can I watch NFL on Amazon Prime?
Football fans may know that NFL and Amazon have secured a deal to stream NFL games on Amazon Prime Video through an exclusive agreement. The broadcast package between the two organizations starts in 2023 and football fans will have access to these exclusive events from then on. The deal includes an increase from 11 to 15 games in the Thursday Night Football plan.
How do I live stream NFL football games?
To live stream NFL football games, you need a device, internet connection, and a live TV streaming plan that gives you access to the channels needed to watch your chosen team play. If you just want to see NFL games, see our Hulu and FuboTV review, otherwise, head over to the NFL team guide to find out which channels show your team’s games.
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
- Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11] - 11/15/2022
- Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10] - 11/13/2022
- 🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10] - 11/12/2022