The 2022 New Orleans Bowl features Western Kentucky vs South Alabama. It airs Wednesday, December 21st with a kickoff at on ESPN. Read on to learn all you need to know to watch the New Orleans Bowl and the rest of bowl season without cable.
In a hurry? All you need is ESPN, and these services offer the channel with many more extras:
- Fubo: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 150+ well-selected channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
The New Orleans Bowl is one of the more recent college football bowl games. It was the 21st one started that is still going. But that still puts it in the first half of games with there currently being 43.
It is now in its third decade showing some of the best talent in the south with conference tie-ins with the Sun Belt Conference and Conference USA. Its name has been fairly consistent but it did change a bit at first for sponsoring reasons:
- 2001: New Orleans Bowl
- 2002 – 2004: Wyndham New Orleans Bowl
- 2005: New Orleans Bowl at Lafayette
- 2006-: R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl
The details you need to watch the New Orleans Bowl live stream without cable are listed right here. You can find out what channel the game is on and how to stream it without a cable connection.
By the end of this guide, you’ll be ready to sign up for a service and stream the New Orleans Bowl.
New Orleans Bowl Schedule
The New Orleans Bowl takes place early in the bowl sequence shortly after the end of the DI FBS conference playoffs. This game is sure to be an exciting match-up, so fans of either team will want to be watching!
- Date: Wednesday, December 21, 2022
- Channel: ESPN
- Teams: Western Kentucky (44) vs. South Alabama (23)
- Last Year’s Results: Louisiana (36) vs Marshall (21)
You don’t need cable to watch ESPN. In fact, there are four streaming services that offer live and TV Everywhere app access to the 2022 New Orleans Bowl live stream without cable. Now that you know where to find the game, let’s learn how to watch it cable-free.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequaled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Western Kentucky vs South Alabama
This year’s contest will feature the South Alabama Jaguars with second-year head coach Kane Wommack taking on the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers under the leadership of Tyson Helton. The experts predict that South Alabama will take the matchup, although nothing is guaranteed in the world of college football.
Both teams are solid under center, with South Alabama’s Carter Bradley throwing 25 touchdown passes this year and Austin Reed, who is considered the second-best college passer of the season, throwing 36 of his own.
Both quarterbacks did throw ten interceptions this year, however, which means fans could very well see at one least defensive score in the game.
Other Factors to Consider
An underrated advantage that Western Kentucky holds in the matchup is a significantly better offensive line. During the month of November, Reed took exactly one sack in the first game and zero in the following three. Carter Bradley, on the other hand, was sacked nine times. However, Alabama is still the stronger team overall, having finished the season 12-2 compared to Western Kentucky’s 8-5.
What to Expect
As the saying goes, defense wins championships, and Bowl games are no exception. South Alabama has by far the better defense, with both Yam Banks and Darrell Luter Jr. considered to be potential NFL prospects. That said, Western Kentucky’s offensive line has done well at blocking the pass rush this season and will look to continue that trend at the Caesars Superdome in this game.
Although South Alabama is favored to win, fans can expect the game to come down to the ability of their defense to overcome the high-powered Western Kentucky offense. If they can’t, the game has heavy potential for a high-scoring upset. No matter the result, one thing that’s almost guaranteed is that this game will be very competitive and exciting for college football fans!
How to Watch the New Orleans Bowl Online without Cable
Some of the benefits of streaming services are that they are cheaper, while still remaining feature-rich cable alternatives. Many streamers also enjoy the fact that using streaming services allows them to stream from just about anywhere.
Once you learn about each service here, you can pick one and be signed up in minutes! Prices will vary, but the average streaming service starts out at around $50 per month.
You’ll connect to your streaming device and from there, choose the channel you want, like you, would with any other service. The device options will depend on the service but may include Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, mobile devices, and more.
Watch the New Orleans Bowl Live Stream on FuboTV
FuboTV is a great sports-oriented streaming service with 120+ channels for $74.99/mo. Majority of the bowl games are being aired live on ESPN. So with a FuboTV subscription, you can not only watch the New Orleans bowl, but also other bowl games.
- 120+ channels
- 35+ channels out of the 120+ channels are sports channels
- $74.99/mo for the Pro plan
- Watch ESPN and ESPN2 with the Pro plan
- 1000 hours of cloud DVR
- streaming on 10 devices at once
- Devices: Chromecast, ANdroid TVs like Hisense and Samsung, Android mobile devices, iOS mobile devices, Roku, etc
See the details in our FuboTV review.
Watch the New Orleans Bowl Live Stream on Sling TV
Sling TV offers plans starting at $40.00/mo. You can get ESPN in the Sling Orange package. This package includes 30+ channels and the option of adding dozens of other channels. Check out more details on Sling TV:
- $40.00/mo for Sling Orange
- 30+ channels are included
- ESPN can be watched live on Sling TV or on the WatchESPN app
- Sling TV is one cheap way to stream college football without cable
- Watch on Roku, mobile devices, Apple TV, Chromecast, and more
- Save 50% on Sling TV now!
Watch the New Orleans Bowl Online on DIRECTV STREAM
- The Entertainment plan goes for $74.99/mo
- ESPN and ESPN2 are available in the Entertainment plan
- For $20 more at $99.99/mo you can get 20+ RSNs. Perfect for sports fans.
- Streaming on unlimited devices
- Unlimited cloud DVR if you sign up online
- Streaming devices include: Apple TV, Amazon fire TV, Chromecast, web browsers, android & iOS mobile devices, etc
Find out more in our DIRECTV STREAM review.
Watch the New Orleans Bowl Online on Hulu Live
Hulu with Live TV is an easy option no matter which Bowl Game you want to watch this year! You’ll get 85+ channels including many ESPN networks. Hulu Live is available for $69.99/mo. You’ll even get the full range of content from Hulu on-demand.
Here are more Hulu Live highlights:
- 85+ channels
- Stream all of Hulu’s on-demand content
- Watch ESPN and many other channels
- Unlimited cloud-DVR (9 month storage)
- Watch on Apple TV, mobile devices, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, etc.
Our Hulu with Live TV review should be able to answer any questions you have.
More Ways to Watch the New Orleans Bowl Online
You’ve already learned of some great ways to stream the New Orleans Bowl. Those may work fine for you, but if you want to find out other ways, there are some available. You can also stream the New Orleans Bowl on these services:
- Vidgo — Particularly good for NCAA fans at only $69.99/mo. Our Vidgo review has more information.
- YouTube TV – 100+ channels are included for just $72.99/mo.
Are you interested in streaming other College Bowl Games? We’ve got details on how to stream each one.
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Like most bowl games, the New Orleans Bowl will air live on ESPN. You can watch it through a number of streaming services, but our top pick is FuboTV. But for those on a budget, Sling TV is a fabulous option.
Here is a complete list of the bowl games this year with all the information you need to watch every minute of the action:
- Fri Dec 16 : Bahamas Bowl — Miami (Ohio) vs University of Alabama at Birmingham (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 16 : Cure Bowl — UTSA vs Troy (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Fenway Bowl — Cincinnati vs Louisville (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Cricket Celebration Bowl — Jackson State vs NC Central (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : Las Vegas Bowl — Florida vs Oregon State (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : LA Bowl — Washington State vs Fresno State (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : LendingTree Bowl — Rice vs Southern Miss (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : New Mexico Bowl — SMU vs BYU (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Frisco Bowl — North Texas vs Boise State (ESPN)
- Mon Dec 19 : Myrtle Beach Bowl — Marshall vs UConn (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 20 : Famous Idaho Potato Bowl — Eastern Michigan vs San Jose State (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 20 : Boca Raton Bowl — Liberty vs Toledo (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 21 : New Orleans Bowl — Western Kentucky vs South Alabama (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 22 : Armed Forces Bowl — Baylor vs Air Force (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 23 : Independence Bowl — Louisiana vs Houston (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 23 : Gasparilla Bowl — Wake Forest vs Missouri (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 24 : Hawaii Bowl — Middle Tennessee vs San Diego State (ESPN)
- Mon Dec 26 : Quick Lane Bowl — New Mexico State vs Bowling Green (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Camellia Bowl — Georgia Southern vs Buffalo (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : First Responder Bowl — Memphis vs Utah State (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Birmingham Bowl — Coastal Carolina vs East Carolina (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Guaranteed Rate Bowl — Wisconsin vs Oklahoma State (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Military Bowl — UCF vs Duke (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Liberty Bowl — Kansas vs Arkansas (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Holiday Bowl — Oregon vs North Carolina (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Texas Bowl — Texas Tech vs Ole Miss (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Pinstripe Bowl — Syracuse vs Minnesota (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Cheez-It Bowl — Oklahoma vs Florida State (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Alamo Bowl — Texas vs Washington (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Duke’s Mayo Bowl — Maryland vs NC State (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Sun Bowl — Pittsburgh vs UCLA (CBS)
- Fri Dec 30 : Gator Bowl — Notre Dame vs South Carolina (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Arizona Bowl — Ohio vs Wyoming (Barstool Sports)
- Fri Dec 30 : Orange Bowl — Tennessee vs Clemson (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Music City Bowl — Iowa vs Kentucky (ABC)
- Sat Dec 31 : Sugar Bowl — Alabama vs Kansas State (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Fiesta Bowl — TCU vs Michigan (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Peach Bowl — Ohio State vs Georgia (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 2 : ReliaQuest Bowl — Mississippi State vs Illinois (ESPN2)
- Mon Jan 2 : Cotton Bowl — Tulane vs USC (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 2 : Citrus Bowl — LSU vs Purdue (ABC)
- Mon Jan 2 : Rose Bowl — Penn State vs Utah (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 9 : National Championship — TCU vs Georgia (Fox)
Page Updates ▼▲
Put related links. Misc changes to content. Reformatting.
Added new section. Added buttons for streaming services. Formatting. Various content updates.
Added new section. Added links to streaming services. Added links. Changes to formatting. Changed a few bits of content.
Added links to streaming services. Mentioned offers. Added a few links. Misc content updates.
Updated some sub-sections. Pricing updates. Image changes.
Image changes. Changed a few bits of content.
Pricing updates. Changes to formatting. Misc content updates.
Updates to a section. Reworked one section. Added some links.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022