The Sun Bowl is one of the oldest college football bowl game featuring teams from the Pac-12 and ACC, two of the top NCAA conferences. This year, it features Pittsburgh vs UCLA on Friday, December 30th at . It airs live on CBS.
In a hurry? Catch the 2022 Sun Bowl with one of these online streaming services, all cable-free:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Hulu + Live TV: A great overall streaming service offering 85+ live channels along with ESPN+ and Disney+. Try one month for $69.99.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
The Sun Bowl is going to be an exciting football game, this year! You can watch the game on CBS. If you don’t have cable, you can watch the game with a digital antenna. This year the match will take place on 30 December with a kickoff at . It features Pittsburgh vs UCLA.
Of course, there are also ways to watch the Sun Bowl online without cable or a digital antenna. You’ll find all the details you need to stream the Sun Bowl without cable, right here. From the time of the game to all of the services that give you a way to watch CBS online, it’s all available here.
By the end of this article, you should have everything you need to stream the game with no problem!
Sun Bowl Schedule
The Sun Bowl will be played in El Paso:
- Date: Dec 30, 2022
- Channel: CBS
- Teams: Pittsburgh (37) vs UCLA (35)
- Last Year’s Results: Washington State (21) vs Central Michigan Chippewas (24)
Many streaming services offer CBS in many parts of the country. This gives you access to CBS live, on-demand, and in some cases through TV Everywhere apps. No matter how you choose to watch, you can watch the Sun Bowl without cable.
As most services offer a free trial, you might be able to sign up at the right time to watch the 2022 Sun Bowl online without cable for free. Even without a free trial, you’ll find that streaming services offer a price much cheaper than cable.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Pittsburgh vs UCLA
UCLA (9-3) and Pitt (8-4) will play in this year’s version of the Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl, a win for a bowl game that was canceled in 2020 and had their marquee team, Miami, pull out last year.
UCLA is the biggest win for the Sun Bowl as they were not expected to be available until USC lost the Pac-12 championship and every other conference team moved down a slot. Both football teams are known for their offensive prowess.
UCLA took care of Utah, Washington, and Colorado in the first part of the year and were playing really good football prior to struggling against a below-average Arizona team and getting beaten badly by Oregon. They could have easily been 10-2 entering the bowl season but USC pulled off a three-point win in their rivalry matchup that sent UCLA to the Sun Bowl.
They have a really good quarterback in Dorian Thompson-Robinson who may end up playing on Sundays one day and an excellent college coach in Chip Kelly. Linebackers Bo Calvert and Darius Muasau anchor a pretty good defense, but UCLA is a team that will outscore you more than they will stop you. They have a great running game with Thompson-Robinson running a 4.64 40 at QB and Zach Charbonnet as one of the better running backs in the Pac-12.
Pittsburg, or Pitt as they are known, had to replace Kenny Pickett at quarterback after he was drafted No 20 overall in the NFL draft. Usually, especially for a school like Pitt, there are a few growing pains with a new QB, but Kedon Slovis transferred from USC and the rest was history. He was one of Pitt’s best players from day one and has teamed up with WR Jared Wayne to gain a lot of yards and score a lot of points for the Panthers.
While they are known for their offense, their defensive front is good as well with DE Habakkuk Baldonado, DT Calijah Kancey, and LB SirVocea Dennis all potential NFL guys.
UCLA has been the favorite since the bowl game was announced and they are almost a touchdown favorite at this point. This game should be high-scoring, entertaining, and close, so tune in if you enjoy offensive football.
How to Watch the Sun Bowl Streaming without Cable
We recommend these services because they are generally less expensive than cable and they offer a wide range of channels, so there’s always something to watch. That said, you’ll find out about all of the services that offer CBS by the end of this article.
The benefit to streaming services is that they cost less and offer more features. You can watch TV in a variety of ways, from pretty much anywhere that you can get an internet connection.
Unlike cable, many of the extra features beyond live TV are included in the main package. There are some upgrades, but even if you add them, the cost of the package is still usually cheaper than the average cable package.
You can watch most streaming services for around $69.99 per month. There are some cheaper packages and others that cost more, but this is the average. You’ll be able to stream live TV on most popular streaming devices.
You can use mobile devices, Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, gaming consoles, Amazon Fire TV, and other devices.
Streaming the Sun Bowl on FuboTV
FuboTV has over 120 channels are included, and more can be added for a fee. CBS is available in many areas. Plans from $74.99/mo.
You get all the major local channels that you need ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and also ESPN, ESPN2 so you can watch all the bowl games this year. The on-demand content is included. If you want to add sports channels, there are several add-on packages available.
Here are more FuboTV highlights:
- $74.99/mo for 120+ live channels
- You can cancel any time you want
- FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Save 1000 hours of content on the cloud-DVR
- Watch on Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Samsung & Hisense TVs, Chromecast, mobile devices, Roku, etc.
Learn more in our FuboTV review.
Watching the Sun Bowl Live With DIRECTV STREAM
With DIRECTV STREAM you can watch CBS in many areas and 75+ other channels for $74.99/mo. RSNs also available with a higher plan (like Bally Sports).
- Stream more than 75+ channels
- An unlimited cloud-DVR is included
- On-demand and original content is included
- A free 5 day Live trial is available for the first week
- No commitments or contracts
- You can watch on computers, Amazon Fire TV, web browsers, iOS/Android, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, etc.
- Use TV Everywhere apps
Check out additional details in our DIRECTV STREAM review.
Watch the Sun Bowl Online on Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV is a popular streaming service that mixes 85+ live channels with Hulu’s on-demand content. You can enjoy Hulu Live for $69.99/mo. CBS and other local channels are available in most parts of the country.
In fact, with Hulu Live you have access to more local content than with any other service. Here are more Hulu Live highlights:
- Watch over 85 channels including local channels like CBS
- All of Hulu’s on-demand content is included
- Unlimited cloud-DVR comes with 9 month storage
- No contracts!
- Apple TV, iOS and Android mobile devices, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, are compatible
Our Hulu + Live TV review has more details if you’re interested.
Stream the Sun Bowl Online with Paramount+
Paramount+ (previously CBS All Access) provides live and on-demand content. The base package is $4.99/mo and includes the on-demand library and access to a lot of live CBS Sports content. If you want your local CBS affiliate, you need to upgrade to a Premium plan for $9.99/mo. This also provides on-demand content without commercials. Best of all, it’s an easy way to watch the Sun Bowl online.
This isn’t going to be a primary cable replacement, but if you need a way to watch CBS, this is a good addition to your streaming arsenal.
Here are the highlights:
- Watch sports live on CBS for just $4.99 per month
- Watch thousands of episodes of CBS shows in the on-demand library
- Stream on computers, mobile devices, Chromecast, Roku, and more
- No contracts mean you can cancel whenever you want
- A free one-week trial is available
You can learn more in our Paramount+ review.
Of course, if you’re ready to give it a try, you can skip the extra reading and just sign up for the Paramount+ free weeklong trial.
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Be sure to check out our Cyber Monday 2022 deals on ExpressVPN, NordVPN, SurfShark and PureVPN.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Other Ways to Watch the Sun Bowl Online
CBS is a popular local channel, so beyond watching with a digital antenna, there are a number of streaming services you can use to watch the Sun Bowl online. If you’d like to find out about all of your other options, keep reading:
- YouTube TV – The main YouTube TV package is $64.99/mo and includes 100 channels. Local channels are available in most areas.
Visit our College Bowl Games guide to find out when and where to watch other bowl games this year. Still questioning how to watch the Sun Bowl online? If so, we’re here to help!
What were the results of previous Sun Bowl outings?
The Sun Bowl always features a game normally between FBS Pac-12 and ACC teams. As a result, they tend to feature strong play by competitive teams. Here are the results of the last five Sun Bowl games that were played. (The 2020 edition was canceled by the Sun Bowl Association due to the COVID-19 pandemic.)
- Dec 30, 2016: North Carolina (23) vs Stanford (25)
- Dec 29, 2017: Arizona State (31) vs NC State (52)
- Dec 31, 2018: Pittsburgh (13) vs Stanford (14)
- Dec 31, 2019: Arizona State (20) vs Florida State (14)
- Dec 31, 2021: Central Michigan (24) vs Washington State (21)
Where is the Sun Bowl played?
The Sun Bowl is, appropriately enough, played at Sun Bowl Stadium at the University of Texas at El Paso campus in El Paso, Texas. It was built in 1963 and was named after the bowl game. But since the Sun Bowl existed prior, where was it played before 1963? When the bowl started in 1935, it was played at Jones Stadium on the El Paso High School campus.
In 1938, it moved to Kidd Field, where it stayed until moving to Sun Bowl Stadium. Kidd Field is now a track-only stadium, right next to Sun Bowl Stadium on the UTEP campus.
How do I stream other bowl games online without cable?
See the guideline below:
- Fri Dec 16 : Bahamas Bowl — Miami (Ohio) vs University of Alabama at Birmingham (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 16 : Cure Bowl — UTSA vs Troy (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Fenway Bowl — Cincinnati vs Louisville (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Cricket Celebration Bowl — Jackson State vs NC Central (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : Las Vegas Bowl — Florida vs Oregon State (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : LA Bowl — Washington State vs Fresno State (ABC)
- Sat Dec 17 : LendingTree Bowl — Rice vs Southern Miss (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : New Mexico Bowl — SMU vs BYU (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 17 : Frisco Bowl — North Texas vs Boise State (ESPN)
- Mon Dec 19 : Myrtle Beach Bowl — Marshall vs UConn (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 20 : Famous Idaho Potato Bowl — Eastern Michigan vs San Jose State (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 20 : Boca Raton Bowl — Liberty vs Toledo (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 21 : New Orleans Bowl — Western Kentucky vs South Alabama (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 22 : Armed Forces Bowl — Baylor vs Air Force (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 23 : Independence Bowl — Louisiana vs Houston (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 23 : Gasparilla Bowl — Wake Forest vs Missouri (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 24 : Hawaii Bowl — Middle Tennessee vs San Diego State (ESPN)
- Mon Dec 26 : Quick Lane Bowl — New Mexico State vs Bowling Green (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Camellia Bowl — Georgia Southern vs Buffalo (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : First Responder Bowl — Memphis vs Utah State (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Birmingham Bowl — Coastal Carolina vs East Carolina (ESPN)
- Tue Dec 27 : Guaranteed Rate Bowl — Wisconsin vs Oklahoma State (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Military Bowl — UCF vs Duke (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Liberty Bowl — Kansas vs Arkansas (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Holiday Bowl — Oregon vs North Carolina (ESPN)
- Wed Dec 28 : Texas Bowl — Texas Tech vs Ole Miss (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Pinstripe Bowl — Syracuse vs Minnesota (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Cheez-It Bowl — Oklahoma vs Florida State (ESPN)
- Thu Dec 29 : Alamo Bowl — Texas vs Washington (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Duke’s Mayo Bowl — Maryland vs NC State (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Sun Bowl — Pittsburgh vs UCLA (CBS)
- Fri Dec 30 : Gator Bowl — Notre Dame vs South Carolina (ESPN)
- Fri Dec 30 : Arizona Bowl — Ohio vs Wyoming (Barstool Sports)
- Fri Dec 30 : Orange Bowl — Tennessee vs Clemson (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Music City Bowl — Iowa vs Kentucky (ABC)
- Sat Dec 31 : Sugar Bowl — Alabama vs Kansas State (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Fiesta Bowl — TCU vs Michigan (ESPN)
- Sat Dec 31 : Peach Bowl — Ohio State vs Georgia (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 2 : ReliaQuest Bowl — Mississippi State vs Illinois (ESPN2)
- Mon Jan 2 : Cotton Bowl — Tulane vs USC (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 2 : Citrus Bowl — LSU vs Purdue (ABC)
- Mon Jan 2 : Rose Bowl — Penn State vs Utah (ESPN)
- Mon Jan 9 : National Championship — TCU vs Georgia (Fox)
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022