The Chiefs defeated the Jaguars in the divisional game. Don’t miss the AFC Championship!
The NFL Divisional Weekend starts with an AFC matchup between the Jaguars and Chiefs on Saturday, January 21st. Read on to learn all your options!
In a hurry? Kickoff is at on NBC. These live TV streaming services allow you to watch the NFL games from preseason, regular season, and postseason — and much more:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Hulu + Live TV: A great overall streaming service offering 85+ live channels along with ESPN+ and Disney+. Try one month for $69.99.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
After the Wild Card round, six teams move on to the Divisional Round of the NFL playoffs. These six teams are combined with the two conference winners (that got bye weeks) for a total of 8 teams competing in 4 football games — two on Saturday and two on Sunday afternoon.
The winners of these games will compete the following weekend in the conference championships. And then there is the Super Bowl two weeks after that.
Which TV Channel Is Showing the Jacksonville Jaguars vs Kansas City Chiefs Game?
The divisional games air on CBS (1), Fox (2), and NBC (1). Game one will air on NBC:
- Date: Saturday, January 21st
- Teams: Jacksonville Jaguars (20) vs Kansas City Chiefs (27)
- TV Channel: NBC
Mike Tirico will provide play-by-play for the game with Cris Collinsworth for color commentary and and Melissa Stark doing sideline reporting.
NBC is an over-the-air station in most areas. That means you can watch it for free if you set up a digital antenna. But if you prefer to stream, see the section below.
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Be sure to check out our Cyber Monday 2022 deals on ExpressVPN, NordVPN, SurfShark and PureVPN.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
How to Watch Jaguars-Chiefs Without Cable
Live TV streaming services allow you to watch the NFL games live even when you do not have cable. The one exception is Thursday Night Football, which is exclusive to Amazon Prime Video. But this does not apply to the 2023 NFL playoffs.
The playoffs will be airing live on local network affiliates CBS, FOX, and NBC along with ESPN. If you want to watch these games, see below for the streaming services that give you access to these channels.
- FuboTV: There are 35+ sports channels out of the 140+ channels in the base package. The Pro plan channels lineup includes NBC and other local channels. There is also 1,000 hours of cloud DVR and ability to stream on 10 devices home and away. The plan costs $74.99/mo. (FuboTV review)
- Sling TV: It offers the most affordable way to watch the NFL playoffs. Sign up for Sling Orange + Blue for $55.00/mo. With both packages you can watch the matchups aired on NBC, FOX, and ESPN. (Sling TV review)
- Hulu + Live TV: It is well known for its on-demand service and diverse channel lineup. Disney+ and ESPN+ are included. The plan has 85+ channels, unlimited cloud DVR and you can watch on 2 devices at the same time. Try one month for $69.99. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM: Prices start at $74.99/mo. There are roughly 80 channels in the base package including local channels. You also get unlimited cloud DVR storage as long as you sign up online and unlimited simultaneous device use. New customers get 5-day free trial with DIRECTV STREAM. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- YouTubeTV: Get lots of live and on-demand channels for $64.99/mo. NBC is available. (YouTubeTV review)
Peacock gives you access to NBC so you can watch all of Monday Night Football every week. Vidgo is the only streaming service that does not offer NBC, so if you already have a subscription, you can pair it with Peacock for an additional $4.99/mo. See our Peacock review for more information.
Devices For Streaming Jaguars vs Chiefs
You can use most devices to watch JAX at KC with the streaming services we’ve discussed above. They all support the following:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android Mobile
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- iOS Devices (eg, iPhone)
- Samsung TVs
- Web Browsers.
Other than DIRECTV STREAM, all support a number of other devices including Xbox gaming systems.
Jacksonville Jaguars vs Kansas City Chiefs Game Analysis
The Jacksonville Jaguars will travel to GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium to take on the Chiefs in the first of two AFC divisional round games this weekend. This is the first time these teams have encountered each other in the playoffs. Jacksonville is the fourth seed in the conference by virtue of winning the AFC South while the Chiefs are the top overall seed in the conference.
How We Got Here
The Jaguars defeated the Los Angeles Chargers 31-30 in the wild card round. Jacksonville fell behind 27-0 in the first half thanks to four Trevor Lawrence interceptions but was able to win the game on a last-second field goal by Cameron Dicker.
With a strong defeat of the Las Vegas Raiders in Week 18 of the regular season, Kansas City won the AFC and had a bye in the first round.
Players to Watch For
In addition to Trevor Lawrence, Jacksonville has a number of playmakers on offense including Evan Engram, Travis Etienne and Zay Jones. On defense, the Jags also have a number of difference makers including Rayshawn Jenkins and the other Josh Allen.
Kansas City will rely heavily on leading MVP candidate Patrick Mahomes to guide the Chiefs to victory. The Chiefs also have a number of contributors at the skill positions such as Travis Kelce and Kadarius Toney who was acquired from the Giants during the regular season.
There will also be a compelling matchup on the sidelines between Jags coach Doug Pederson and Chiefs coach Andy Reid. Both men have won championships during their tenures as head coaches and both are considered among the best offensive minds in the game today.
Keys to Victory
For most of the year, many pundits have assumed that the Chiefs will play the Buffalo Bills in the AFC title game. Therefore, Jacksonville has the benefit of playing a game that no one expects them to win. The Jaguars stay in the game by running the ball and keeping Kansas City’s offense off the field as much as possible.
Kansas City will want to score early and often to put pressure on the Jaguars to keep pace. Andy Reid isn’t afraid to go for it on fourth down if it means scoring touchdowns as opposed to field goals. If Kansas City can establish a lead early, it also gets their fans into the game, and a loud GEHA Stadium is one of the hardest places to play in the league.
Who Wins Jaguars-Chiefs?
While the Jags will likely keep the game close early, the Chiefs likely use their experience to pull away late. Kansas City is favored by roughly nine points going into the contest, and it wouldn’t be surprising to see the Chiefs cover the spread.
The Jags vs the Chiefs can be streamed with all of the live TV streaming services we’ve discussed. Our top choice is FuboTV, which will allow you to watch all playoff games, regular season games in your area, other sports, and general stuff.
How can I stream the first divisional playoff game for free?
The first 2023 Divisional playoff game will be broadcast on NBC. If you live relatively near an NBC affiliate station, you should be able to watch it for free with an antenna. Modern over-the-air signals are digital and high-definition so they look as good as what you will get from streaming, cable, or satellite. See our antenna guide for more information.
How do I stream other NFL playoff games?
The following guides provide details on watching the NFL playoffs:
- NFL Playoffs
- Wild Card Game 1: Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers
- Wild Card Game 2: Los Angeles Chargers at Jacksonville Jaguars
- Wild Card Game 3: Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills
- Wild Card Game 4: New York Giants at Minnesota Vikings
- Wild Card Game 5: Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals
- Wild Card Game 6: Dallas Cowboys at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Divisional Game 1: Jacksonville Jaguars at Kansas City Chiefs
- Divisional Game 2: New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles
- Divisional Game 3: Cincinnati Bengals at Buffalo Bills
- Divisional Game 4: Dallas Cowboys at San Francisco 49ers
- AFC Championship Game
- NFC Championship Game
- Super Bowl.
Our article How to Stream NFL Without Cable has general information.
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022