The Dallas Cowboys defeated the Buccaneers in the Wild Card game. Don’t miss the Divisional Round game against the San Francisco 49ers!
This last game of Super Wild Card Weekend is on Monday, January 16 and features the Dallas Cowboys vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
In a hurry? This game is on ESPN with a kickoff of , and these services will allow you to watch it and all the other games:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Hulu + Live TV: A great overall streaming service offering 85+ live channels along with ESPN+ and Disney+. Try one month for $69.99.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Which TV Channel Is the Dallas Cowboys vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers Game On?
You can watch NFL game 6 on ESPN. This is the only game in the playoffs that will be on ESPN. Other games will be on NBC, CBS, and FOX.
The regular broadcast on ABC and ESPN will feature Joe Buck with play-by-play, Troy Aikman with analysis, and Lisa Salters on sideline reporting. The Manningcast on ESPN2, of course, will feature Eli and Peyton Manning.
What Time Is the Game?
All the games being played are in our guide.
Watching Outside the US
DAZN provides all games including Dallas Cowboys at Tampa Bay for Canadian subscribers.
Sky Sports airs Dallas Cowboys at Tampa Bay (and other playoff games) live in the UK and Ireland. Kayo Sports and Foxtel do the same in Australia.
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Be sure to check out our Cyber Monday 2022 deals on ExpressVPN, NordVPN, SurfShark and PureVPN.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
How to Watch the Cowboys vs Buccaneers Without Cable TV
Game 6 is set to air on ESPN. There are streaming services that offer these channels so you can watch the game. The prices range from $40 to $75. Some also offer free trials so you can test them out before you pay. Here are our top choices:
- FuboTV: Best streaming service for sports fans. ESPN and ESPN2 are in the base plan. Local channels CBS, NBC, and Fox are also available. Along with this you have cloud DVR and streaming on 10 devices at the same time for a monthly cost of $74.99/mo. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days. (FuboTV review)
- Sling TV: Sling Orange offers ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3 for the low price of $40.00/mo. Stream on only one device at a time but you also get 50 hours of cloud DVR. Watch this game and all other Monday Night Football games. (Sling TV review)
- Hulu + Live TV: With Hulu, you get an impressive huge on-demand library. On top of that, there is Disney+ and ESPN+. You can watch the game on ESPN as Hulu Live gives you access to it in its only package for $69.99/mo. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM: It offers lots of channels in its base plan. Best known for its regional sports networks and sports channel coverage. ESPN and ESPN2 are available out of the 75+ TV channel Entertainment Package for $74.99/mo. You also get a generous unlimited cloud DVR with streaming on unlimited devices at a go. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Vidgo: There are 110+ channels in the Plus Plan. The plan offers several ESPN channels: ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, and ESPNews. Watch this game and more for $64.95/mo. (Vidgo review)
- YouTubeTV: Get the most of sports, news and entertainment channel with 100+ live channels on YouTubeTV for $64.99/mo. (YouTubeTV review)
Stream Outside the US
In most countries (not Canada, China), you can stream all the the games with NFL Game Pass Intl.
Devices For Watching Dallas vs Tampa Bay
When choosing a streaming service to watch the playoffs, you may also want to consider the devices you can use as different streaming services support different devices. Here is a list of devices that you can use to watch Dallas Cowboys vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers with all the services:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android mobile devices
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- iPhone and iPads
- Roku devices
- Windows PCs and Mac
As you can see, these streaming services support the majority of the devices you have at home. If you need more information on how to stream the game on these devices you can go through our individual streaming reviews.
Cowboys-Buccaneers Matchup Analysis
On Monday, January 16th, the Dallas Cowboys will leave AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas for Raymond James Stadium in Tampa because the Buccaneers won their division this year, even though the Cowboys have a better overall record.
The game will feature two excellent quarterbacks, Dak Prescott and Tom Brady, who will hope to connect plenty with their leading receivers, CeeDee Lamb and Mike Evans.
In the run game, the Cowboys feature the dynamic tandem of Tony Pollard and Ezekiel Elliott, while Tampa Bay offers Leonard Fournette.
How Each Team Fared This Year
Notably, the Cowboys finished the NFL season with 12 wins and five losses, though they had an even 4-4 record on the road. This was good enough for second place in the extremely strong NFC East. They are hoping to do better than their quick exit from the playoffs last year.
The Buccaneers had a different path to the playoff, finishing 8-9. They were clearly helped by the weak NFC South. Even with a sub-500 season, their record was bolstered with wins against weak competition of the likes of the Los Angeles Rams, Indianapolis Colts, New Orleans Saints, Arizona Cardinals, and Carolina Panthers.
Both the Green Bay Packers, Cleveland Browns, and even the Atlanta Falcons bested them. And the top teams (Kansas City Chiefs, Baltimore Ravens, San Francisco 49ers, and Cincinnati Bengals) consistently beat the Buccaneers
The teams met once this season at the regular season opener of Sunday Night Football. The Bucs dominated that game with a final score of 3-19.
Still, projections suggest the Cowboys should win two of three against the Buccaneers, so it would seem that they are the stronger team heading into the game. Not that the game won’t be close. This is the NFL, where anything can happen in any game.
Keys to the Game
However, if one team is having a tough time offensively, they have two options: to spread the ball out and allow both teams to score extra points, or to be stubborn and try to reduce the score from there as much as possible to win with defense.
The former option might happen if the Bucs fall behind because so much of their team relies on Tom Brady and the passing attack, as they threw the ball 133 more times than a balanced team would have. Still, they should have a chance if they fall behind because Brady is still a great quarterback, even at 45.
There might be a little more balance if the Cowboys face an early deficit, making Prescott’s life a little easier when trying to make a comeback. The key in that situation will be if Prescott can avoid an interception, which would mean he would need three touchdown passes to make up for the critical mistake. He has 15 interceptions this year, nearly one a game.
After NFL Week 18, the power ranking had the Cowboys at #6 and the Bucs at #15. That’s pretty much where everyone places them. But the line is only Cowboys by a field goal — probably because of Brady’s history of great playoff performances. If he doesn’t, it could (finally) be his last season — at least in Tampa Bay. We’ll see on Monday!
How the NFL Wild Card Round Works
So, let’s go through the structure of the Wild Card Round.
The 7 top teams in each conference consisting of 4 division winners and 3 best conference-wide teams move on to the postseason. These wild card teams will subsequently have way better records than division winners. Both conferences’ southern divisions, for example, have struggled this year, with their top teams finishing at the bottom of other divisions.
AFC’s and NFC’s top-seed teams get a bye for the Super Wild Card Weekend. This year, that is the Philadelphia Eagles and Kansas City Chiefs. The additional six teams are picked based on the results of the following games:
- #7 Seed at #2 Seed
- #6 Seed at #3 Seed
- #5 Seed at #4 Seed
This NFC game features the #5 seeded Dallas Cowboys vs the #4 seeded Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
There are multiple streaming services that offer ESPN so you can be sure to catch all the action when the Dallas Cowboys take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Our top recommended streaming service is FuboTV which has all the channels you need to watch the playoffs games. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
What channels can I watch the playoff games on?
The playoff games are set to be aired on three local channels (NBC, CBS, FOX) and two ESPN channels (ESPN, ESPN2). CBS airs most of the games, that is, 5. NBC airs 4 games and FOX airs 3 games. The game on ESPN will also be live on its simulcast ABC as well as on ESPN2 featuring the Manningcast. Additionally, you can find out how to watch the game in Spanish through our guide.
How will I stream additional NFL playoff games?
The following guides provide information on watching the NFL playoffs:
- NFL Playoffs
- Wild Card Game 1: Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers
- Wild Card Game 2: Los Angeles Chargers at Jacksonville Jaguars
- Wild Card Game 3: Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills
- Wild Card Game 4: New York Giants at Minnesota Vikings
- Wild Card Game 5: Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals
- Wild Card Game 6: Dallas Cowboys at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Divisional Game 1: Jacksonville Jaguars at Kansas City Chiefs
- Divisional Game 2: New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles
- Divisional Game 3: Cincinnati Bengals at Buffalo Bills
- Divisional Game 4: Dallas Cowboys at San Francisco 49ers
- AFC Championship Game
- NFC Championship Game
- Super Bowl.
Our article How to Watch NFL Without Cable has general information.
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022