The Dallas Cowboys are one of the most popular franchises in professional football, and the team brings in millions of viewers every week. Cowboys fans in the Dallas geographical area can generally watch the games free of charge via local channels such as Fox.
On the other hand, if you live outside of the geographical area, then it may be difficult to watch Dallas Cowboys games on a consistent basis. Read on to learn your options.
In a hurry? The only surefire way to wrangle up all the out-of-market Cowboys games is with NFL Sunday Ticket, which requires a satellite provider. But there are a number of tools you can use besides that:
- ExpressVPN: Get the games you want to watch no matter where you are with private browsing and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Fubo: Watch all local and primetime games as well as all the action Sunday afternoon with NFL RedZone. Sign up for a free trial!
- NFL Sunday Ticket: Available through YouTube and YouTube TV.
- DAZN Canada is streaming every NFL game live, which means preseason, regular games, playoff games, and of course the Super Bowl.
This team is fun to watch thanks to its high-performance offense, no-nonsense defense, and strong player personalities. They play their home games at AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas. You could be missing out on the action because you simply live out of market.
Table Of Contents
This Week’s Dallas Cowboys Game
- Sun Dec 10 : vs Philadelphia Eagles (NBC)
How to Watch Out-of-Market Dallas Cowboys Games
The National Football League makes it easy to watch scheduled games throughout the year because the games are broadcast all over the nation. With that being said, each team will play a maximum of one game per week. The issue here is that fans may not be able to watch their favorite teams because they don’t reside in the teams’ respective markets.
This is where following NFL games can become difficult because most regular season games are broadcast on a regional basis. In most locations, Sunday afternoon games are generally limited to only two broadcasts via Fox or CBS. Of course, this is great news for local fans who have in-market access. Local fans of the area can easily watch the games thanks to their Fox or CBS affiliate.
Unfortunately, fans who reside in distant locations are out of luck. For example, most Dallas Cowboys games will not be shown in regions such as New York.
Other professional leagues, such as the NBA and MLB, have solved this problem by building their own viewership platforms – the NBA League Pass and MLB.TV – and professional soccer and ice hockey games are featured on ESPN+.
There is a solution to handle out-of-market Cowboys games: NFL Sunday Ticket.
The only issue is that fans will need to subscribe to YouTube or YouTube TV to access it. If you don’t mind this, then your problem is instantly solved.
What Channels Do I Need to Watch Out-of-Market Dallas Cowboys Games?
Here are some of the available platforms for watching out-of-market Cowboys games.
- NFL Sunday Ticket is the ultimate source for Dallas Cowboys viewership because it will deliver every NFL game to subscribers outside the Cowboys’ broadcast area.
- NFL+ Premium will provide on-demand access for all out-of-market games for a price of $9.99 per month. There’s a catch because this platform only shows replays of the games instead of live streams. If you don’t mind waiting, then this service is a good option. NFL+ Premium does offer live, in-market games on mobile devices, including all out-of-market NFL preseason games. (NFL+ review)
- NFL RedZone doesn’t provide out-of-market football games, but fans can watch Sunday afternoon games simultaneously. This platform is a fantasy football resource via 7 hours of gameplay with teams that are inside of the red zone (within the opponent’s 20-yard line). Viewers can go back and forth for keeping track of the action, and player stats are listed for reference purposes.
- VPN isn’t a streaming platform, but it’s a tool that allows fans outside the Cowboys’ geographical broadcast area to access and watch games anyway (which would otherwise be blacked out). (VPN overview)
- SiriusXM won’t provide any video content, but it’s great for listening to live game action.
- Sports bars, friends, and other options can be used when all else fails. These options are perfect for enjoying the games in a social setting.
Use a VPN to Watch Dallas Cowboys Games Out of Market
A virtual private network makes fans appear as though they’re in other regions. While not a direct solution for watching out-of-market games, when configured correctly a VPN can enable viewers to stream games of their favorite team from across the country.
Here is our detailed guide for using a VPN to watch NFL out-of-market games.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequaled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Watch the Cowboys on NFL RedZone
NFL RedZone is widely available through live TV streaming services like DIRECTV STREAM: DIRECTV STREAM’s Choice plan costs :directv-price-price:. It has 100+ channels including NFL Network, unlimited cloud DVR, and streaming on unlimited devices. NFL RedZone is included in the Sports Plus add-on. (See our full DIRECTV STREAM review.)
Read our NFL RedZone page for more details.
Dallas Cowboys fans who live in far-flung areas have a few options to catch all the games. The best is NFL Sunday Ticket with YouTube and YouTube TV. But also consider Sling TV or Fubo with NFL RedZone.
Can I use DIRECTV STREAM to watch out-of-market Dallas Cowboys games?
DIRECTV STREAM is a good choice for out-of-market NFL fans and for NFL overall. It provides you with the Sunday afternoon games that air on your local Fox and CBS affiliates. And it allows you to watch Sunday and Monday night games. NFL RedZone is available in the Sport plus add-on and NFL Network is in the Choice plan.
What radio stations are the Dallas Cowboys on?
Dallas Cowboys can be heard on 105.3 FM (The Fan) in the local region, along with KABZ 103.7 FM (Little Rock, Arkansas), KTBZ 1430 AM (Tulsa, Oklahoma) and other frequencies. Those wanting to stream game audio online from anywhere can access Westwood One, TuneIn, and Sirius XM NFL Radio.
Do Dallas Cowboys games sell out?
Dallas Cowboys games are known to sell out on many occasions. Specific game status varies from game to game. Irrespective of sell-out status, local fans can catch all of the action without facing any blackouts (which the NFL does not impose anymore). Out-of-market fans can use NFL Sunday Ticket, NFL RedZone, or any of the options discussed above to stream the games.
Besides the Dallas Cowboys, how do I watch other teams in out-of-market games?
You’ll find everything you need to know about any NFL team on HotDog. Just start with our main NFL page and branch out from there. We cover everything from the preseason to the draft as well as every game throughout the season, all the way through the Super Bowl.
We’ve got individual viewer’s guides for watching out-of-market NFL games for each team:
Image cropped from New York Giants Saguon Barkley & Dallas Cowboys Jeff Heath by Jack Kurzenknabe (Public Domain).
Page Updates ▼▲
Added FAQ section. Added table of contents. Added new section. Linking. Updated some sub-sections. Misc content updates.
Sling TV: Top Halloween Selections Every Horror Fan Will Love - 10/22/2022
Coming Soon: New Arrivals On Hulu Live In August And Beyond- 07/31/2022
How to Watch Live TV on Hulu- 07/17/2022