Producing popular football names like Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, and Willie Davis, the Green Bay Packers are a North NFC division team based in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Also known for being the first team to officially enter the National Football League in 1922, the Packers have won multiple Super Bowls, including the Super Bowls of 1996 and 2010.
In a hurry? NFL Sunday Ticket is the most efficient way to catch up with all the out-of-market NFL games on Sunday. But that is not the only way, there are more options:
- ExpressVPN: Get the games you want to watch no matter where you are with private browsing and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Fubo: Watch all local and primetime games as well as all the action Sunday afternoon with NFL RedZone. Sign up for a free trial!
- NFL Sunday Ticket: Available through YouTube and YouTube TV.
- DAZN Canada is streaming every NFL game live, which means preseason, regular games, playoff games, and of course the Super Bowl.
Because the Packers are so popular, they had fans that span across the United States and even the rest of the world. However, Green Bay Packers games are not always available to watch in all regions all of the time.
Table Of Contents
This Week’s Green Bay Packers Game
- Mon Dec 11 : @ New York Giants (ABC)
How to Watch Out-of-Market Green Bay Packers Games
The National Football League (NFL) often schedules each team to play one game a week with exceptions for bye weeks. All Packers live games are broadcasted, and NFL season schedules can easily be found on every team’s official website.
The two broadcast networks known for showing Packers games in Wisconsin and neighboring states are CBS and FOX. Both of these broadcasters can only show two regular season games a day though, and this day is most usually Sunday. For those that don’t live near Green Bay, these games are not always shown, making it difficult for out-of-market viewers to see Packers games on local TV stations.
For those who live out of the Green Bay area market, watching Packers games is still an option with an added sports pass or program. One popular sports pass that fans can use is the NFL Sunday Ticket, which is available for YouTube and YouTube TV users.
Many of these methods only help if you know where and when Green Bay is playing next. We can help with that too!
What Channels Do I Need to Watch Out-of-Market Green Bay Packers Games?
Including the NFL Sunday Ticket, there are many ways that Packers fans can access broadcasts of their NFL team’s games, such as with:
- NFL Sunday Ticket: Considered the best for out-of-market Packers fans, the NFL Sunday Ticket is offered to YouTube and YouTube TV users.
- NFL+ Premium: A less expensive option than the NFL Sunday Ticket, the NFL+ Premium package allows users to watch replays of all NFL games after they’ve aired. Users can also see out-of-market preseason games live and in-market regular games live. (NFL+ review)
- NFL RedZone: Although the NFL RedZone does not allow users to watch out-of-market games, it does allow them to watch all local games at one time. (NFL RedZone Out-of-Market)
- VPN: Although it does not allow you to directly watch out-of-market games, a VPN can help protect your devices while you watch any football games online. (Out-of-Market NFL Game Viewing With VPNs)
- SiriusXM: With a SiriusXM subscription, you can listen to all of the NFL games of the week on satellite or online radio.
- Other Options: You can also sometimes watch out-of-market games at sports bars, or you can ask around to see if any neighbors have the above sports packages to view out-of-market games.
Watch the Packers on NFL RedZone
With the emergence of popular streaming services, many of them offer a sports package that includes NFL RedZone. One of our favorites is Fubo (formerly called FuboTV): Fubo’s standard channel package costs $74.99/mo and provides over 130 channels of entertainment. For an added $10.99/mo, the Sports Plus add-on includes NFL RedZone and nearly 30 other live sports channels. (See our Fubo review.)
You can record games throughout the NFL season with the cloud DVR storage that comes with live TV streaming services. Steam on multiple devices too at home and away.
See also our NFL RedZone page for more details.
Use a VPN to Watch Green Bay Packers Games Out of Market
Whenever you choose to start streaming NFL games to your devices, you should highly consider adding a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to help protect your devices and any sensitive information you store on them. VPNs are especially helpful for frequent travelers to use because they allow you to safely stream your games while on public WiFi, such as hotel WiFi.
See our detailed VPN guide on how you can watch all out-of-market games every Sunday.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequaled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Devices to Live Stream Out-of-Market Green Bay Packers Games
You can use virtually any device to stream out-of-market Packers games, including Amazon Fire TVs/Firesticks, Android mobile devices, Apple TVs, Chromecast devices, iOS devices (iPhones and iPads), Roku services, and most smart TVs or updated gaming devices. If you’d like to use a VPN on your streaming device, know that most devices also support VPNs, although Roku devices may not. In that case, you can consider setting up a VPN on your home internet system instead of directly on your device.
For Green Bay Packers fans that live far from the Green Bay area, watching their team’s games may seem like an impossibility. However, these fans can still watch Packers games through sports broadcasting services, such as through the NFL Sunday Ticket available with YouTube and YouTube TV. Another great option is streaming Packers games with NFL RedZone, available with providers like Sling TV and Fubo.
Can I watch out-of-market Packers games with DIRECTV STREAM?
Fans who use DIRECTV STREAM can see in-market games, so only Packers fans who live within the Green Bay broadcasting area can use this service to watch the Packers games. For those who live outside this region, you’ll have to get DIRECTV’s Choice plan and Sports Plus add on to get full access to these games.
Do I need a VPN to watch out-of-market Packers games?
We highly recommend using a VPN when you want to stream Packers games on your devices. With a VPN, you can feel safe knowing your device’s information is kept private and that you are not susceptible to hackers and you can watch the Packers if you are not in Green Bay.
Can I watch more out-of-market NFL games in addition to the Green Bay Packers?
You’ll find everything you need to know about any NFL team on HotDog. Just start with our main NFL page and branch out from there. We cover everything from the preseason to the draft as well as every game throughout the season, all the way through the Super Bowl.
We’ve got individual viewer’s guides for watching out-of-market NFL games for each team:
Page Updates ▼▲
Reworked one section.