The Pittsburgh Steelers are still in the postseason hunt! Get up-to-date information in our NFL Playoff Guide!
Despite a winning record, the Pittsburgh Steelers missed the playoffs in 2022. But they look forward to more success in 2023. And you have various options for watching the whole NFL season, regardless of where you are.
In a hurry? There are a lot of options for streaming out-of-market NFL games. These are our favorites for fans located outside Pittsburgh:
- ExpressVPN: Get the games you want to watch no matter where you are with private browsing and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Fubo: Watch all local and primetime games as well as all the action Sunday afternoon with NFL RedZone. Sign up for a free trial!
- NFL Sunday Ticket: Available through YouTube and YouTube TV.
- DAZN Canada is streaming every NFL game live, which means preseason, regular games, playoff games, and of course the Super Bowl.
Table Of Contents
This Week’s Pittsburgh Steelers Game
- No game this week
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequaled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
How to Watch Out-of-Market Pittsburgh Steelers Games
When you want to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers play on Sundays, it can be an excellent way to spend the afternoon. However, watching them can be challenging if you live in an area outside Pittsburgh.
This is because local football games are only broadcast by CBS and Fox affiliates – if you live outside the local region, you’ll have to look for other options to watch the team play.
While you can watch out-of-market Pittsburgh Steelers games using NFL Sunday Ticket, it’s expensive. Currently, you can only stream it with YouTube ($449) or as an add-on with YouTube TV ($349 + $72.99/mo).
What Channels Do I Need to Watch Out-of-Market Pittsburgh Steelers Games?
- NFL Sunday Ticket: As a Pittsburgh Steelers fan residing outside the local region, using NFL Sunday Ticket is a fantastic choice. Subscribing allows you to watch the Steelers play against other teams each Sunday. You can get NFL Sunday Ticket through YouTube and YouTube TV.
- NFL+ Premium: You can also view out-of-market Pittsburgh Steelers games using NFL+ Premium, which costs $14.99/mo. It’s important to note that you only get replays with this option, though this should be fine if you don’t need to watch live games. (NFL+ review)
- SiriusXM: If you cannot get in front of a TV on Sundays, using SiriusXM provides an excellent alternative as you can listen to the games. It’s also available on NFL+.
Use a VPN to Watch Pittsburgh Steelers Games Out of Market
Using a VPN is a fantastic way to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers play on Sundays. It’s important to note this option doesn’t provide content, but it lets you cut the cord and stream games from anywhere, even if you’re outside the geographical area.
Here is our guide on how to stream out-of-market games with a VPN.
Watch the Steelers With NFL RedZone
Another excellent way to enjoy Pittsburgh Steelers games on Sundays is by subscribing to NFL RedZone. It doesn’t provide full games but rather the best parts of all the games happening Sunday afternoon.
Fubo (formerly called FuboTV) offers 150+ channels and costs $79.99/mo for the base plan. It works great with VPNs. And you can get NFL RedZone by choosing the Sports Plus add-on ($10.99 monthly) which includes 30+ other live sports channels. See our Fubo review.
Hulu + Live TV is another good choice. This service offers 85+ live TV channels for $76.99/mo. Utilizing the Sports add-on service provides NFL RedZone. Our Hulu + Live TV review has more information.
Devices to Live Stream Out-of-Market Pittsburgh Steelers Games
Watching the Steelers games on Sundays can be done using several devices. The one you choose will depend on the service you use. Here are popular options: Apple TV, Android mobile, Android TV smart TVs, Chromecast, Samsung smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV/Firestick, iOS (iPhone or iPad), Roku, and web browsers.
While watching Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday games when you live outside the local area might not be straightforward, you have lots of options.
Can you watch out-of-market Pittsburgh Steelers games when using DIRECTV STREAM?
DIRECTV STREAM is an excellent option if you’re interested in streaming in-market games. If you combine it with a VPN, you can change your location and watch pretty much any out-of-market games you like. We recommend ExpressVPN but see our NFL + VPN guide for details on the best choice for your situation.
Do Pittsburgh Steelers games sell out?
Pittsburgh Steelers games often sell out. Whether a game sells out or not, local fans can always catch the action on their TV, phone, or other devices without worrying about blackouts. The NFL does not implement its blackout rule anymore (last enforced in 2014), which prevented games from being aired in the local market if they were not sold out three days before kickoff.
How do I watch more NFL out-of-market games beyond the Steelers?
Our detailed individual team guides will help you learn how to watch all out-of-market games:
Page Updates ▼▲
Removed clutter and made it more focused on the best ways to watch.
Updated 2023 season information.
Updated some of the sections.