Prior to 1999, the Tennessee Titans were known as the Tennessee Oilers and, even prior to that, the team was known as the Houston Oilers hailing from Texas. Although the Titans have yet to make it to a Super Bowl, they have been showing positive play records with more wins than losses since 2016.
In a hurry? You have a few options for watching out-of-market Titans games:
- ExpressVPN: Get the games you want to watch no matter where you are with private browsing and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Fubo: Watch all local and primetime games as well as all the action Sunday afternoon with NFL RedZone. Sign up for a free trial!
- NFL Sunday Ticket: Available through YouTube and YouTube TV.
- DAZN Canada is streaming every NFL game live, which means preseason, regular games, playoff games, and of course the Super Bowl.
Table Of Contents
For many Titans fans in Tennessee, watching the Titans’ games is as easy as tuning in to a local TV station. However, for other fans across the country, these games aren’t as easily accessible.
Tennessee Titans Game This Week
- Mon Dec 11 : @ Miami Dolphins (ESPN)
How to Watch Out-of-Market Tennessee Titans Games
For Titans fans who live in or around Tennessee, many football games will be available to watch on a local CBS or Fox broadcasting station. However, viewers not in the Tennessee viewing market will likely not be able to get many of the Titans’ games on their own local stations because every local station will show its own local games. For example, stations in Arizona will always show Arizona Cardinal games over the air instead of other games from across the country.
Lots of sports leagues offer streaming or satellite add-on options for viewers who want to see their favorite teams live even when those teams aren’t on their local broadcast stations. For example, fans of the NBA can catch their teams by using an NBA League Pass, and fans of the NHL can use ESPN+. For Titans fans, NFL Sunday Ticket is one great viewing option.
What Channels Do I Need to Watch Out-of-Market Tennessee Titans Games
Some of the best viewing options this NFL season for Titans fans outside of the Tennessee region include:
- NFL Sunday Ticket: For Titans fans outside of the local Titans viewing area, NFL Sunday Ticket is a great, if expensive, option. You can get it from YouTube or as an add-on to YouTube TV.
- NFL+ Premium: If you’re an out-of-market Titans viewer who doesn’t mind watching replays instead of live games, consider getting NFL+ Premium, a streaming option, for $9.99 a month. (NFL+ review)
- NFL RedZone: If you’re a fan of multiple NFL teams, consider using the NFL RedZone streaming add-on to see multiple Sunday NFL games at once. (NFL RedZone Out-of-Market)
- VPN: Although a VPN does not grant you access to out-of-market Titans games, it does allow you to watch any games you stream safely. (Out-of-Market NFL VPN Guide)
- SiriusXM: If you like listening to games over the radio, consider getting SiriusXM, a satellite and internet radio provider, to get access to all of the NFL games every week.
- Other options: If you aren’t ready to sign up for an NFL game viewing add-on, consider asking friends and family members if they already have access to Titans games. You can also check out sports bars, which usually show local and out-of-market NFL games regularly.
Watch the Titans on NFL RedZone
With the emergence of popular streaming services, many of them offer a sports package that includes NFL RedZone. One of our favorites is Fubo (formerly called FuboTV): Fubo’s standard channel package costs $74.99/mo and provides over 130 channels of entertainment. For an added $10.99/mo, the Sports Plus add-on includes NFL RedZone and nearly 30 other live sports channels. (See our Fubo review.)
You can record games throughout the NFL season with the cloud DVR storage that comes with live TV streaming services. Steam on multiple devices too at home and away.
See also our NFL RedZone page for more details.
Use a VPN to Watch Tennessee Titans Games Out of Market
After you sign up with a streaming service to unlock out-of-market Tennessee Titans games, be sure to look into getting a VPN that you can use while streaming. A VPN works by encrypting your personal information online, like your streaming service passwords, so that other internet users cannot intercept your information for themselves.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequaled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Devices to Live Stream Out-of-Market Tennessee Titans Games
Every streaming service has its own list of supported devices, but you can expect most to support devices like smart TVs, iPhones, iPads, Android devices, Chromecast devices, Amazon Firesticks and TVs, up-to-date gaming consoles, and Roku devices and TVs. Most of these devices also support VPN use, although Roku devices do not. However, you can still use a VPN with a Roku device by setting up the VPN directly with your home internet router instead of directly on the device.
For Tennessee Titans fans who live far from the home of the Titans, Titans games aren’t always on local TV stations, but they are still available to see through certain satellite and streaming provider services. NFL RedZone is one great option, and we recommend signing up for RedZone through a provider like Sling TV or Fubo.
Can I watch out-of-market Tennessee Titans games with DIRECTV STREAM?
You can watch whatever out-of-market Titans games which are shown on your local Fox and CBS affiliates. But you cannot watch them all. For that, you will need NFL Sunday Ticket, which you can get via YouTube. You can, however, get NFL RedZone from DIRECTV STREAM, which may work better for you.
Do I need a VPN to watch out-of-market Tennessee Titans games?
You do not necessarily need a VPN to watch out-of-market Titans games but it can be helpful. If you watch via streaming in the Tennessee Titans media market, you should be able to see local broadcasts on CBS and Fox. See our out-of-market VPN guide for details.
What radio stations are the Tennessee Titans on?
Tennessee Titans audio is broadcast on their flagship station WGFX 104.5 The Zone in Nashville, along with WKIM 98.9 FM (Memphis), WXSM 640 AM (Tri-cities), and other affiliate stations in the respective regions. Audio broadcasts are also available online through NFL+ or NFL+ Premium (US only) and Sirius XM NFL Radio.
Do Tennessee Titans games sell out?
Some Tennessee Titans games sell out – the status varies from game to game. Irrespective of sell-out status, local fans can always stream the game at home without facing any blackouts. The NFL no longer imposes its blackout policy which used to be applied in the local market in previous years if a game did not sell out.
How can I watch NFL out-of-market games in addition to the Titans?
You’ll find everything you need to know about any NFL team on HotDog. Just start with our main NFL page and branch out from there. We cover everything from the preseason to the draft as well as every game throughout the season, all the way through the Super Bowl.
We’ve got individual viewer’s guides for watching out-of-market NFL games for each team:
Page Updates ▼▲
Updated for 2023 season.
Reworked one section.