Starting the 2022 season with a 2-6 record isn’t how the Pittsburgh Steelers wanted to begin the year. However, if you’re a loyal fan who enjoys watching them, you know how determined they can be to increase their wins by the playoffs. While getting to the top bracket of the AFC North may be challenging, this team should provide an exciting game each Sunday.
In a hurry? For US fans, the DIRECTV Satellite subscription is the best way to watch out-of-market games. But there are a few more options for fans located outside Pittsburgh:
- ExpressVPN: Get the games you deserve while securing your privacy. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NFL Sunday Ticket: Available only through a satellite plan (mostly), but it is the easiest way to watch the whole NFL regular season.
- FuboTV: Although it won’t provide you with all out-of-market NFL games, it does give you 120+ channels including all those that you need to enjoy the season live. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- DIRECTV STREAM: A great cable-replacement service with all of the NFL with the Choice plan. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: If you are looking for a low-cost way to live stream most games, this service is a great choice. Save with Sling TV!
If you’d rather talk to someone about NFL Sunday Ticket, a support person at DIRECTV Satellite can walk you through the process. Just call 877-432-7840.
- DAZN Canada is streaming every NFL game live, which means preseason, regular games, playoff games, and of course the Super Bowl.
Kenny Pickett, the team’s rookie quarterback, will need to do his best to complete passes if they want to perform better into the end of scheduled play.
Table Of Contents
When you want to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers play on Sundays, it can be an excellent way to spend the afternoon. However, watching them can be challenging if you live in a different area outside Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, local games are only being broadcast by CBS and Fox affiliates. If you live outside the local region, you have to look for other options to watch the team play.
Other sports leagues, like the NBA and Major League Baseball, have found a solution to this problem. Fans of those professional sports organizations can utilize the NBA League Pass and MLB.TV to watch games during the regular season.
While you can watch out-of-market Pittsburgh Steelers games using NFL Sunday Ticket, you need to subscribe to DIRECTV. It’s important to note this service is not available when you use DIRECTV STREAM.
Out-of-Market Pittsburgh Steelers Games Options
Using the following six options is one of the best ways to watch out-of-market Pittsburgh Steelers games:
1. NFL Sunday Ticket: As a Pittsburgh Steelers fan residing outside the local region, using NFL Sunday Ticket is a fantastic choice. Subscribing allows you to watch the Steelers play against other teams each Sunday. However, the one caveat of this option is the requirement for you to be a satellite subscriber. (NFL Sunday Ticket review)
2. NFL+ Premium: You can also view out-of-market Pittsburgh Steelers games using NFL+ Premium. It costs $9.99 monthly for the service. If you choose this option, it’s important to note you only get replays. This option should be fine if you don’t need to watch live games. (NFL+ review)
3. NFL RedZone: Using the NFL RedZone service for $10.99 is a fantastic choice for watching Pittsburgh Steelers games each Sunday. (NFL RedZone Out-of-Market)
4. SiriusXM: If you cannot get in front of a TV on Sundays, using SiriusXM provides an excellent alternative as you can listen to the games. It’s also available on NFL+.
5. Sports bars and family or friends: Catching the Sunday game at a sports bar or friend’s home is also a great way to watch your team go head-to-head with others in the NFL.
6. VPN: A VPN can be an excellent way to watch out-of-market Steelers games. While it does require some technical know-how, it’s an option worth pursuing. (VPNs for Out-of-Market Viewing)
Another excellent way to enjoy Pittsburgh Steelers games on Sundays is by subscribing to NFL RedZone. Check out the following streaming services and their price points if you’re interested in going this route:
FuboTV: Offers 120+ channels and costs $74.99/mo for the base plan. You can get the NFL RedZone service by adding $10.99 monthly, which includes 28 other sports channels and Sports Plus. (FuboTV review)
Sling TV: At :slingtv-price, you can utilize Sling TV and its Blue plan, which includes NBC and Fox. Add on the NFL RedZone service for $11 more monthly. It includes Sports Plus and 10 other sports channels. (Sling TV review)
YouTube TV: Offers 100+ channels for $64.99/mo. Choosing the Sports Plus option allows you to utilize NFL RedZone.
Using a VPN is a fantastic way to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers play on Sundays. It’s important to note this option doesn’t provide content. However, using it lets you cut the cord and stream games that you have purchased the rights to watch.
Here is our VPN guide on how to stream out-of-market games.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Devices to Live Stream Out-of-Market Pittsburgh Steelers Games
Watching the Steelers games on Sundays can be done using several devices. The one you choose will depend on the service you use. Here are popular options:
– Apple TV
– Android mobile
– Samsung smart TV
– Amazon Fire TV/Firestick
– iOS (using an iPhone or iPad)
– Roku: Using a workaround with this device is necessary if you try to utilize it with a VPN.
While watching Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday games while you live outside the local area might not be straightforward, it’s good to know you have options available. One of the easiest ways is to utilize DIRECTV Satellite and access the NFL Sunday Ticket service. You can also choose FuboTV, NFL RedZone or Sling TV to watch NFL games.
Can you watch out-of-market Pittsburgh Steelers games when using DIRECTV STREAM?
DIRECTV STREAM is an excellent option if you’re interested in streaming games. However, you should be aware you can’t watch out-of-market games with it as there isn’t access to NFL RedZone, NFL Network or NFL Sunday Ticket. Otherwise, it’s a convenient service for many fans.
How do I watch more NFL out-of-market games, excluding the Steelers?
Our detailed individual team guide will help you learn how to watch all out-of-market games:
More Info on NFL Without Cable
If you still have questions, these resources should help: