Looking for information on the British Open? See our complete viewer’s guide!
Looking to watch golf online without cable TV? In this guide, we explain how you can get key channels like the Golf Channel, CBS, NBC, and ESPN, to name a few.
Below we will tell you all you need to know including how to stream major golf tournaments like the Masters and the PGA Tour. Read on to find out more!
In a hurry? If you want to skip the research, you can head over and try the following streaming services that offer the Golf Channel as well as some key local channels you need:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 120+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
2022-2023 PGA Tour Schedule
In the following schedule, we’ve only listed the finals date, which is always on a Sunday. Tournaments generally run from Thursday through Sunday but a few start on Wednesday.
In general, these will air on The Golf Channel during the week and weekend mornings with weekend afternoon rounds on NBC.
- Sep 18: Fortinet Championship — Max Homa
- Sep 25: Presidents Cup — US Team
- Oct 2: Sanderson Farms Championship — Mackenzie Hughes
- Oct 9: Shriners Children’s Open — Tom Kim
- Oct 16: ZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP — Keegan Bradley
- Oct 23: THE CJ CUP in South Carolina — Rory Mcllroy
- Oct 30: Butterfield Bermuda Championship — Seamus Power
- Nov 6: World Wide Technology Championship at Mayakoba — Russell Henley
- Nov 13: Cadence Bank Houston Open — Tony Finau
- Nov 20: The RSM Classic — Adam Svensson
- Dec 4: Hero World Challenge
- Dec 11: QBE Shootout
- Jan 8: Sentry Tournament of Champions
- Jan 15: Sony Open in Hawaii
- Jan 22: The American Express
- Jan 29: Farmers Insurance Open (Saturday finish)
- Feb 5: AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am
- Feb 12: WM Phoenix Open
- Feb 19: The Genesis Invitational
- Feb 26: The Honda Classic
- Mar 5: Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard
- Mar 5: Puerto Rico Open
- Mar 12: THE PLAYERS Championship
- Mar 19: Valspar Championship
- Mar 26: World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play
- Mar 26: Corales Puntacana Championship
- Apr 2: Valero Texas Open
- Apr 9: Masters Tournament
- Apr 16: RBC Heritage
- Apr 23: Zurich Classic of New Orleans
- Apr 30: Mexico Open at Vidanta
- May 7: Wells Fargo Championship
- May 14: AT&T Byron Nelson
- May 21: PGA Championship
- May 28: Charles Schwab Challenge
- Jun 4: the Memorial Tournament presented by Workday
- Jun 11: RBC Canadian Open
- Jun 18: U.S. Open
- Jun 25: Travelers Championship
- Jul 2: Rocket Mortgage Classic
- Jul 9: John Deere Classic
- Jul 16: Genesis Scottish Open
- Jul 16: Barbasol Championship
- Jul 23: The Open Championship
- Jul 23: Barracuda Championship
- Jul 30: 3M Open
- Aug 6: Wyndham Championship
- Aug 13: FedEx St. Jude Championship
- Aug 20: BMW Championship
- Aug 27: TOUR Championship
Golf This Weekend
This week the PGA Tour moves to Albany Golf Club, Albany, Bahamas, for The Hero World Challenge. Here’s the TV schedule (EDT):
- Day 1: Thursday, Dec 1 – (Golf Channel)
- Day 2: Friday, Dec 2 – (Golf Channel)
- Day 3: Saturday, Dec 3 – (Golf Channel)
- Day 4: Sunday, Dec 4 – (Golf Channel)
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequalled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Key Channels to Watch Golf Online Without Cable
There are a handful of channels you need to watch golf online. Cord-cutters need to ensure that they know how to gain access to these channels.
None of the following channels hold exclusive rights to broadcast the major golf championships, so you’ll need at least two of them to watch a full tournament.
* Channel may be available via an indoor antenna in some localities.
Here’s a little more information about the channels and what live golf you can expect to watch on them:
- Golf Channel: Owned by the NBCUniversal, Golf Channel is the most important channel if you want to wach live golf without cable. It is fairly common with popular streaming services and is typically included in base plans.
- NBC and NBC Sports: NBC is one of the key rights-holders to broadcast live golf, including the PGA tour, the US Open, the British Open, and the Ryder Cup. That said, NBC show a small fraction of live golf compared to the Golf Channel.
- CBS and CBS Sports: If you want to watch the PGA Championship and the Masters Championship, you’ll need CBS. However, if you want to watch the PGA Tour without cable, you’ll need access to CBSSN (CBS Sports Network).
- ESPN: With shared rights of the PGA Championship and Masters, ESPN shows a fair share of professional golf on live TV. Luckily, most streaming services offer ESPN.
- Olympic Channel: Golf is also featured at the Summer Olympics so the Olympic Channel is also important to have. That said, the channel shares rights with NBC’s Golf Channel, which comes as no surprise. If you want to make sure you catch all live golf in the Tokyo Olympics, you’ll want to get both.
Up until 2020, Fox held the rights to show live golf like the US Open. Now, the main channels you need to watch golf are the ones listed above. Read on to find out more about the major golf tournaments and championships and how to watch them live.
Streaming Services to Watch Golf Online
Most streaming services offer the key channels you need to watch golf without cable. Ones like Sling TV even offer a free antenna when you prepay a little more for your streaming plan.
|Golf Channels||Golf Channel, NBC, CBS, CBS Sports, ESPN, Olympic Channel|
|Total No. Of Channels||120+|
|Cloud DVR||1000 hrs|
|Free Trial||✔ — Try it now|
FuboTV is a great choice, especially if you watch many other sports alongside golf. Of over 120 channels, over 35 are sports-focused.
With fuboTV, you can watch all major golf tournaments on the NBC and CBS networks, along with ESPN and the Olympic Channel. If you prefer to record live golf events on your TV, FuboTV allows you to save the streams with 1000 hours of cloud DVR storage.
You can give FuboTV’s trial (free for 7 days) a shot and see how you like the streaming platform. Otherwise, see these guides for more useful information on FuboTV:
|Golf Channels||Golf Channel, CBS, CBS Sports, ESPN, Olympic Channel|
|Total No. Of Channels||130+|
|Free Trial||✔ — Try it now|
|DIRECTV STREAM Price||$104.99/mo|
If you want to get Golf Channel as well as Olympic Channel with DIRECTV STREAM (formerly AT&T TV), you’ll need to opt for the Ultimate plan priced at $104.99/mo.
Otherwise, you can only watch the parts of the tournaments shown on CBS, ESPN, and NBC.
The unlimited DVR storage is more than enough if you want to record live golf. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
For more information see our DIRECTV STREAM review.
|Golf Channels||Golf Channel, NBC, ESPN, Olympic Channel|
|Total No. Of Channels||40+|
|Cloud DVR||50 hrs|
|Sling TV Price||$51.00/mo*|
Sling TV is a good choice if you want to watch golf tournaments like the PGA Championship or one of the Opens. However, if you want to watch the Masters, you’ll need to hope that Sling TV’s free antenna (when you pre-pay two months) can get access to CBS over the air.
Otherwise, Sling TV offers 50+ channels. Golf Channel is only available with the Sports Extra add-on for $11 per month, which includes 12 more channels like MLB Network, NBA TV, NHL Network, and NFL RedZone.
The DVR storage of 50 hours can be upgraded up to 200 if you want to record hours and hours of live golf, and there are plenty of other add-ons with over 70 additional channels for just over $20 per month.
Save 50% on Sling TV. You can also find out more at:
Hulu + Live TV
|Golf Channels||Golf Channel, NBC, CBS, CBS Sports, ESPN, Olympic Channel|
|Total No. Of Channels||85+|
Want to watch the PGA Championship or one of the golf Opens without cable, Hulu has all the necessary channels you need. Namely, Golf Channel, NBC, NBC Sports, CBS, CBS Sports, ESPN+, and Olympic Channel.
All these channels come with the standard and only live TV plan Hulu currently offers.
Unlimited DVR storage may also be enough to record the all of a tournament and watch it back later via Hulu’s cloud DVR. The user interface is slick, and Hulu also comes with loads of on-demand content including recently aired shows.
Try one month for $69.99. See these guides for additional info:
Other Ways to Watch Golf Without Cable
There are other ways to watch golf without cable, like via apps that let you stream golf online, or individual network streaming accounts.
PGA Tour Live Subscription
If you don’t want to pay for a live streaming service and are mostly interested in US golf, you can get access to selected PGA Tour events live in two ways:
- NBC Sports Gold: For $9.99 per month or $64.99 per season, you can get the GolfTV pass via NBC Sports Gold and watch live PGA Tour feeds, including exclusive content from seasoned professionals like Tiger Woods, PGA Tour archives, highlights, and more.
- Amazon Prime: You can get discounted access to NBC Sports Gold’s GolfTV via Amazon Prime for just $39.99 per season, provided that you’re an Amazon Prime subscriber.
Paramount+ to Watch the Masters
Paramount+ is the top choice if you’re looking for CBS content. This isn’t going to give you every channel you need to watch golf without cable, but if you want to watch golf on CBS, this is a cheap way to do it!
Paramount+ offers the CBS live stream across most of the US, so you can watch the Masters golf live. Also included is the on-demand library which features everything that airs live on CBS, thousands of episodes of older CBS shows, and a growing list of originals.
YouTube TV gives you all the benefits of a full cable replacement service. Over 100 channels are available in one package for $64.99/mo. In terms of golf, everything you need is available from local channels to Golf Channel.
Our YouTube TV review has some more info on the service.
Masters.com Live Stream for Free
There’s a free live stream available via the Masters.com website.
The Masters website also let’s you watch highlights from particular sections of the tournament, or your favorite players.
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Be sure to check out our Black Friday deals on ExpressVPN, NordVPN and SurfShark.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Where to Watch Top Golf Tournaments Without Cable
There are several men’s and women’s championships and tournaments throughout the year that golf fans will want to watch. Most of these events are broadcast on channels that you can watch without cable using a streaming service.
Some of the most popular tournaments and where to find them are listed below.
How to Watch PGA Tour Without Cable
If you want access to live PGA Tour events without cable, there’s a specific subscription for the purpose. In fact, you don’t even need a streaming service or even a TV! A mobile device or tablet is enough.
PGA Tour Live is a monthly ($9.99) or per-season ($64.99) subscription that shows exclusive live golf content, including player feeds as part of PGA Tour events. You can subscribe directly via an NBC Sports Gold account for the aforementioned prices.
If you’re an Amazon Prime subscriber, you get discounted per-season subscription to PGA Tour Live for $39.99.
See How to Watch the PGA Championship Live Without Cable for more ways to watch.
How to Watch the Masters Without Cable
The Masters takes place every year at the Augusta National Golf Club during the month of April. CBS and ESPN share the current rights to streaming the Masters golf tournament. As CBS is a broadcast channel, you can also use a digital antenna and watch The Masters for free.
If you want a streaming option Paramount+ would be a great, inexpensive choice, as it starts at just $4.99 per month. As for ESPN, all the streaming services we list on this page offer the channel with their base plans.
Learn more about how to watch The Masters without cable in our full guide!
How to Watch the US Open Without Cable
Since 2020, NBCUniversal owns the broadcast rights to the US Open and splits coverage between NBC and the Golf Channel.
Hulu + Live TV and FuboTV are both great choices to watch the US Open without cable. They both offer NBC and the Golf Channel, as well as all other channels needed to watch the major golf tournaments. They also offer FS1 and several other sports channels.
The US Open kicks off in the summer, as it usually takes place in June each year. The championship moves from course to course each year to keep things interesting.
For more information see How to Watch the US Open Online Without Cable.
How to Watch the British Open Without Cable
The British Open is aired between two channels: NBC and Golf Channel — the same as for the US Open. You can also stream it through Peacock.
The good news is that both channels are readily available through several streaming services. NBC can also be accessed through a digital antenna for free. As for the Golf Channel, you can access it via the base plans from FuboTV and Hulu. Or you can get it with Sling TV’s $11 per month Sports Extra add-on.
Similar to the US Open, the course of the British Open also changes from year to year and could be anywhere in the UK.
Learn more in our guide, How to Watch the British Open without Cable.
How to Watch the PGA Championship Without Cable
CBS coverage is available via most popular streaming services, a digital antenna (free), or Paramount+. As for ESPN, once again Hulu Live and FuboTV are both good choices. It also offers CBS, NBC, and Golf Channel, so you can watch the Open tournaments alongside the PGA Championship.
Devices To Watch Live Golf Without Cable
When you are choosing a streaming device to watch live golf online, you need to consider which gadget is supported by the streaming service you’ve decided to go with.
By “streaming devices,” we mean things like smart TVs, mobile phones, tablets, gaming consoles, and TV boxes like Amazon Fire or Roku. Here’s a summary of what devices are supported by the most popular streaming services to watch live golf with.
- FuboTV supports various versions of Amazon Fire TV, Android mobile phones and TVs, Google TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Hisense TVs, iPhones, iPads, and iPods, LG smart TVs, Roku, Samsung smart TVs, Xbox One, as well as browsers like Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari.
- Hulu + Live TV supports selected models of Android phones and tablets, Android TVs, Apple TVs, Chromecast, Echo Show, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, iPhones and iPads, LG smart TVs, Nintendo Switch, Mac and PC browsers, PlayStation, Roku, Samsung smart TVs, VIZIO SmartCast TVs, Xbox, Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Box, and Xfinity X1 TV Boxes.
- DIRECTV STREAM supports Amazon Fire TV, Android phones and tablets, Apple TV and iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod), Chromecast, Roku devices, select Samsung smart TVs, and Chrome, Safari, and Edge browers. They also offer their own set-top boxes.
- Sling TV supports smart TVs and TV players like Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Chromecast. To watch Sling on your computer or mobile, you can use iOS devices, Android phones, Fire tablets, browsers like Chrome, Windows PCs, and Macs. Sling TV also supports Xbox Series X, S, and Xbox One consoles.
There are more ways than ever to watch Golf online without cable TV. Whether it’s a live streaming service or a PGA Tour Live subscription, you can watch golf without cable with ease.
Alongside getting the right channels that show golf, like Golf Channel and CBS, it’s important to consider other factors when choosing a streaming service. Be sure to know your contract terms; most streaming services have rolling month-to-month contracts. Another factor is the price and the quality of the streaming platform you get.
There are plenty of ways to watch sports online and you’ll save money doing it. If you have any questions about how to watch golf without cable, be sure to let us know!
What were the results of the 2021-22 PGA Tour?
Scottie Scheffler was a top money winner with four wins a total of 14,046,910 won.
- Sep 19: Fortinet Championship — Max Homa
- Sep 26: Ryder Cup — USA
- Sep Oct 3: Sanderson Farms Championship — Sam Burns
- Oct 10: Shriners Children’s Open — Sungjae Im
- Oct 17: THE CJ CUP — Rory McIlroy
- Oct 24: ZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP — Hideki Matsuyama
- Oct 31: Butterfield Bermuda Championship — Lucas Herbert
- Nov 7: World Wide Technology Championship at Mayakoba — Viktor Hovland
- Nov 14: Houston Open — Jason Kokrak
- Nov 21: The RSM Classic — Talor Gooch
- Dec 5: Hero World Challenge — Viktor Hovland
- Jan 9: Sentry Tournament of Champions — Cameron Smith
- Jan 16: Sony Open in Hawaii — Hideki Matsuyama
- Jan 23: The American Express — Hudson Swafford
- Jan 29: Farmers Insurance Open — Luke List
- Feb 6: AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am — Tom Hoge
- Feb 13: WM Phoenix Open — Scottie Scheffler
- Feb 20: The Genesis Invitational — Joaquin Niemann
- Feb 27: The Honda Classic — Sepp Straka
- Mar 6: Arnold Palmer Invitational pres. by Mastercard — Scottie Scheffler
- Mar 6: Puerto Rico Open — Ryan Brehm
- Mar 14: The Players Championship — Cameron Smith
- Mar 20: Valspar Championship — Sam Burns
- Mar 27: WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play — Scottie Scheffler
- Mar 27: Corales Puntacana Championship — Chad Ramey
- Apr 3: Valero Texas Open — JJ Spaun
- Apr 10: Masters Tournament — Scottie Scheffler
- Apr 17: RBC Heritage — Jordan Spieth
- Apr 24: Zurich Classic of New Orleans — Patrick Cantlay & Xander Schauffele
- May 1: Mexico Open — Jon Rahm
- May 8: Wells Fargo Championship — Max Homa
- May 15: AT&T Byron Nelson — Lee Kyoung-hoon
- May 22: PGA Championship — Justin Thomas
- May 29: Charles Schwab Challenge — Sam Burns
- Jun 5: Memorial Tournament — Billy Horschel
- Jun 12: RBC Canadian Open — Rory McIlroy
- Jun 19: US Open — Matt Fitzpatrick
- Jun 26: Travelers Championship — Xander Schauffele
- Jul 3: John Deere Classic — JT Poston
- Jul 10: Genesis Scottish Open — Xander Schauffele
- Jul 10: Barbasol Championship — Trey Mullinax
- Jul 17: The Open Championship — Cameron Smith
- Jul 17: Barracuda Championship — Chez Reavie
- Jul 24: 3M Open — Tony Finau
- Jul 31: Rocket Mortgage Classic — Tony Finau
- Aug 7: Wyndham Championship — Joohyung Kim
- Aug 14: FedEx St Jude Championship — Will Zalatoris
- Aug 21: BMW Championship — Patrick Cantlay
- Aug 28: TOUR Championship — Rory McIlroy
If golf an Olympic event?
Both men’s and women’s golf was at the 2020 Olympics (held in 2021), just as they were at the 2016 Games. But golf has a strange history with the Olympic Games. Twenty-two men and women from 4 countries competed at the second Olympics in 1900. In 1904, 77 men from 2 countries competed in individual and team events. Then golf disappeared from the Games for the next 112 years.
Where can I watch the US Open golf?
To watch the US Open golf tournament, you need two live TV channels — NBC and Golf Channel. NBC is a local channel, and the broadcasting network it belongs to also owns Golf Channel. Hulu and FuboTV have both channels you need to watch US Open.
You can read more about how to watch the US Open without cable.
Can I watch the Golf Channel without cable?
Yes, you can watch the Golf Channel without cable via streaming services like Hulu and FuboTV. Other streaming services like DIRECTV STREAM require you to purchase a more expensive monthly plan to access the Golf Channel, while Sling TV gives access to the Golf Channel with a $11 monthly add-on as part of an additional 10+ channels.
Learn more about which streaming services offer the Golf Channel.
Can I watch PGA golf on Amazon Prime?
While the PGA Championship is not available on Amazon Prime, you can watch live PGA Tour events with the Amazon Prime PGA Tour Live channel. If you’re an Amazon Prime subscriber, you can get the annual season subscription for $39.99 instead of $64.99 directly with NBC Sports Gold.
Amazon also offers an option to watch live PGA Tour events with a $9.99 monthly subscription.
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
- Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11] - 11/15/2022
- Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10] - 11/13/2022
- 🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10] - 11/12/2022