The NASCAR Mexico Series is back for 2023. For fans in the US, it is hard to watch but we’ve gathered all the information we could find below.
In a hurry? Watch NASCAR Mexico Series races live on Claro Sports and Fox Sports Mexico in Latin America.
Table Of Contents
The NASCAR Mexico Series is a yearly stock car racing season held throughout the country. It is one of the three international NASCAR racing series that takes place every year in Mexico. The other two are the Pinty’s Series (Canada) and Whelen Euro Series (Europe).
NASCAR and the entertainment group called OCESA joined to establish Desafio Corona in 2004. They have presented auto racing every year since 2004 except in 2016 when the race was suspended. The series’ organizers supported the Formula One Mexican Grand Prix.
In 2006, the series was named NASCAR Mexico Corona Series, and in 2012, Toyota named the series NASCAR Toyota Series. Later in 2017, the series continued but with a new sponsor, PEAK Antifreeze. Therefore the races were renamed NASCAR PEAK Mexico Series through 2022. They appear to have no sponsor at this time.
NASCAR Mexico Series has used 14 tracks during the races, primarily oval short tracks but also a road course and some other configurations. The races take place on oval tracks in Chihuahua and Mexico City.
The series has given rise to some outstanding drivers over the years. Some Mexico Series drivers have participated in the Xfinity and Truck series. Only two drivers, Jorge Geoters and Daniel Suarez have participated in Cup Series.
The series has become quite popular in Mexico and there have been Xfinity Series races that took place in Mexico City.
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequaled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
Streaming Mexico Series Races
The Mexico Series has about a dozen races in a year. The series is not well-covered in the United States. In the past, a race here and there has aired on NBC Universo. But we don’t know of any races that will air in the US this year.
There are good options in Mexico, however. You can watch the races on Claro Sports and Fox Sports Mexico.
Claro TV is a streaming service that offers news, shows, channel, and sports viewing for Latin America. You can subscribe to Claro and watch the races on Fox Sports Mexico.
2023 NASCAR Mexico Series Schedule
This year the Series race will have 12 races from March to November. These dates should include qualifying races. Below is the detailed schedule for the races:
- Sun Mar 26 : LOS CABOS 200 — Súper Óvalo Chiapas — Xavier Razo
- Sun Apr 16 : COMMSCOPE 200 — Potosino Super Oval — Salvador de Alba Jr.
- Sat May 13 : CHIHUAHUA 240 — El Dorado Speedway — Ruben Garcia Jr.
- Sun May 28 : QUERÉTARO 140 — Autódromo Ecocentro de Querétaroo — Jake Cosio
- Sun Jun 11 : EL GIGANTE DE MÉXICO ( — Óvalo Aguascalientes México — Salvador de Alba Jr
- Sun Jul 9 : GRAN PREMIO RED COLA 2023 — Autódromo Miguel E. Abed — Salvador de Alba Jr
- Sun Jul 29 : GRAN PREMIO ARZYZ — Autódromo Monterrey– Rubén García Jr.
- Sun Aug 13 : SAN LUIS POTOSÍ 200 — Super Ovalo Potosino — Rubén García Jr.
- Sun Sep 10 : EL GIGANTE DE MÉXICO — Óvalo Aguascalientes México — Julio Rejon
- Sun Sep 23 : CHIHUAHUA — El Dorado Speedway — Max Gutierrez
- Sun Oct 22 : PUEBLA — Autódromo Internacional Miguel E. Abed
- Sun Nov 12 : Ciudad de Mexico — Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
Superpower Your Sports Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Other brands worth checking out include Hotspot Shield and CyberGhost.
i Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.
The Mexico Series is one of the three most exciting international race series outside the United States. The series is packed with lots of action and incredible drivers.
Who were the winners of the 2022 Mexico series races?
Here are the complete results of the 2022 NASCAR Mexico Series:
- Sat-Sun Apr 9-10: Súper Óvalo Chiapas — Tuxtla Gutiérrez — Rogelio Lopez
- Sat-Sun May 7-8: Ecocentro de la Unión Ganadera — Querétaro — Ruben Garcia Jr
- Sat Jun 4: Súper Óvalo El Dorado — Chihuahua — Ruben Garcia Jr
- Sat-Sun Jun 25-26: Trióvalo Internacional de Cajititlán — Guadalajara — Xavi Razo
- Sat-Sun Jul 16-17: Autódromo Miguel E. Abed — Puebla — Xavi Razo
- Sat-Sun Aug 6-7: Súper Óvalo Potosino — San Luis Potosí — Ruben Garcia Jr
- Sat-Sun Aug 27-28: Autódromo Monterrey — Monterrey — Abraham Calderón
- Sun Sep 25 : Gran Premio Monster Energy — Óvalo Aguascalientes México — Rubén García Jr.
- Sun Oct 9: Gran Premio Commscope Querétaro — Ecocentro de la Unión Ganadera — José Luis Ramírez
- Sun Nov 6: Speed Fest — Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez — Abraham Calderón
- Sun Nov 27: Monterrey — Autódromo Monterrey — Salvador de Alba
- Sun Dec 11: Puebla — Autódromo Miguel E. Abed (Óvalo) — Abraham Calderón
Rogelio López was the Mexico Series champion in 2022. Here were the final standings:
- Rogelio López (86)
- Enrique Baca Amador (72)
- Manuel Gutierrez (71)
- José Luis Ramírez (70)
- Abraham Calderón (70)
- Salvador de Alba Jr (69)
- Rubén Rovelo (69)
- Jorge Goeters (69)
- Rubén García Jr (67)
- Omar Jurado (62)
How can I watch other motorsports apart from the Mexico series?
Here is a complete guide on how you can watch all other races throughout the year.
- 24 Hours of Le Mans
- ARCA Menards Series
- Formula 1
- Indy 500
- NASCAR Cup Series
- NASCAR Mexico Series
- NASCAR Pinty’s Series
- NASCAR Truck Series
- NASCAR Whelen Euro Series
- NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour
- NASCAR Xfinity Series.
Page Updates ▼▲
Updated some section headings. Updated some sub-sections. Small layout changes.
Additional links. Misc changes to content.
Added new section. Added sub-section. Changes to sections. Various content updates. Changes to formatting. Removed section.
Added FAQ section. Reworked one section. Changes to formatting.
Various changes. Reformatting.
Added table of contents. Various content updates.
Changed some content in main section.