English Premier League is back.
Stream it live on NBCUniversal channels with Fubo!
CONCACAF features the best soccer from North America — including the Caribbean and Central America. And it isn’t hard to watch all the matches you want — in English or Spanish. Read on to learn how.
In a hurry? CONCACAF Champions League matches will appear on Fox Sports channels. We recommend these streaming services:
- Fubo: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 150+ well-selected channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service with a free trial.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
| ||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Every soccer fan knows the UEFA Champions League. What is less known is that all six continents have their own versions of that competition. In North America, the region’s best clubs compete in the CONCACAF Champions League.
Generally, Liga MX clubs dominate the competition with MLS sides usually competing at a level below the Mexican sides. However, that changed in 2022 as the Seattle Sounders became the first US-based club to win it since 2000.
How can you watch CONCACAF Champions League matches? Ensure that you have access to Fox-related channels such as Fox Sports 1 (FS1) and Fox Sports 2 (FS2). Spanish-speaking fans will want to get access to TelevisaUnivision-related channels such as UniMas and TUDN.
What Is the CONCACAF Champions League?
The CONCACAF Champions League is the continent’s championship competition for club teams. They can come from North America, Central America, the Caribbean, and smaller countries in northern South America.
A club champion in CONCACAF has been crowned since the Champions’ Cup was first held in 1962. That inaugural five-month event resulted in Mexican side Guadalajara defeating Comunicaciones, a team from Guatemala, by a 6-0 aggregate score in the two-leg final.
Mexican clubs then continued to dominate this competition as four sides have five or more trophies with all of them being Mexican: America (7), Cruz Azul (6), Monterrey (5), and Pachuca (5). Only three times has a US-based side won it: DC United in 1998, LA Galaxy in 2000, and Seattle Sounders in 2022.
This event was known as the CONCACAF Champions’ Cup from 1962 – 2008 and as the CONCACAF Champions League since 2008.
The CONCACAF Champions League structure has gone through numerous changes and is still doing so.
From 2018 – 2023, a knockout phase is utilized with 16 teams playing through four rounds of two-leg matches to determine a winner. All of those matches are played in the winter and spring, from February to May.
Ten teams qualify directly for it. They are from Mexico (4), US (4), Canada (1), and the Caribbean (1). The other six are the best from the CONCACAF League, which is essentially a qualifying competition that takes place the previous August to December.
The away goals tiebreaker is used and no extra time takes place from the round of 16 to the semifinals. However, neither of those facets is true in the final as the number of away goals is ignored and extra time is played then in the case of a stalemate at the end of 180 minutes of play.
From 2024 on, 27 teams will take part in the CONCACAF Champions League with 22 of them playing in the first round, and the 11 winners joining five sides who enjoyed byes in the round of 16.
Qualification methods include placing highly in domestic leagues and cups and doing well in the Leagues Cup, which is contested by North American sides, Central American Cup, and Caribbean Cup. All rounds will remain home-and-away two-leg affairs except for a single-match final.
Under the new format, five clubs will be from MLS, one from the US Open Cup, one from the Canadian Championship, three from the Leagues Cup, and two from the Canadian Premier League.
The winner of the CONCACAF Champions League had previously earned a spot at the FIFA Club World Cup being played later that same year. But that latter competition is also undergoing an overhaul, a much more significant one, in fact.
One of the major changes is moving to a once-every-four-years setup. It is expected to take a short hiatus after the 2021 edition, which was played in February 2022, and return at some point in the future in its new format.
Three spots will come from CONCACAF, but it has not been determined how those three slots will be filled considering that four CONCACAF Champions Leagues will be played for every FIFA Club World Cup. However, it is likely that all winners from 2022-on will be invited to the first edition in the new format.
2022 CONCACAF Champions League
In the 2022 CONCACAF Champions League, Mexican and American sides, as usual, made it to the final stages. In one semifinal, Pumas defeated Cruz Azul, 2-1 on aggregate, in an all-Mexican matchup while the Seattle Sounders knocked off New York City FC, 4-2 on aggregate, in the other.
In the CONCACAF Champions League Final, Pumas was in early control, taking a 2-0 advantage late in the first leg. However, the Sounders converted two penalties late in that match and then dominated at home in the return fixture, 3-0, to secure a 5-2 aggregate win and a historic victory. The final match was played in front of 68,741 in the Emerald City, the largest CONCACAF Champions League crowd in history.
As a result, Seattle became the first US-based side to win the CONCACAF Champions League in its current version and the first one to claim the continent’s title since the LA Galaxy took home the CONCACAF Champions’ Cup in 2000, two years after DC United became the first from the country to achieve that feat.
2022 CONCACAF Champions League Schedule
- Feb 15: Santos FC (0) vs New York City FC (2)
- Feb 15: Santos Laguna (1) vs CF Montréal (0)
- Feb 16: CD Guastatoya (0) vs Club León (2)
- Feb 16: Forge FC (0) vs Cruz Azul (1)
- Feb 16: Deportivo Saprissa (2) vs Pumas UNAM (2)
- Feb 17: Comunicaciones FC (1) vs Colorado Rapids (0)
- Feb 17: FC Motagua (0) vs Seattle Sounders FC (0)
- Feb 17: Cavaly AS vs New England Revolution
- Feb 17: New England Revolution vs Cavaly AS
- Feb 22: Club León (1) vs CD Guastatoya (0)
- Feb 23: New York City FC (4) vs Santos FC (0)
- Feb 23: Colorado Rapids (1) vs Comunicaciones FC (0)
- Feb 23: CF Montréal (3) vs Santos Laguna (0)
- Feb 23: Pumas UNAM (4) vs Deportivo Saprissa (1)
- Feb 24: Cruz Azul (3) vs Forge FC (1)
- Feb 24: Seattle Sounders FC (5) vs FC Motagua (0)
- Mar 8 (Quarterfinal): New York City FC (3) vs Comunicaciones FC (1)
- Mar 8 (Quarterfinal): Seattle Sounders FC (3) vs Club León (0)
- Mar 9 (Quarterfinal): New England Revolution (3) vs Pumas UNAM (0)
- Mar 9 (Quarterfinal): Cruz Azul (1) vs CF Montréal (0)
- Mar 15 (Quarterfinal): Comunicacions (4) vs New York City FC (2)
- Mar 16 (Quarterfinal): CF Montréal (1) vs Cruz Azul (1)
- Mar 16 (Quarterfinal): Pumas UNAM (3) vs New England Revolution (0)
- Mar 17 (Quarterfinal): Club León (1) vs Seattle Sounders FC (1)
- Apr 5 (Semifinal): Pumas UNAM (2) vs Cruz Azul (1)
- Apr 6 (Semifinal): Seattle Sounders FC (3) vs New York City FC (1)
- Apr 12 (Semifinal): Cruz Azul (0) vs Pumas UNAM (0)
- Apr 13 (Semifinal): New York City FC (1) vs Seattle Sounders FC (1)
- Apr 27 (Final): Pumas UNAM (2) vs Seattle Sounders FC (2)
- May 4 (Final): Seattle Sounders FC (3) vs Pumas UNAM (0)
Unblock Your Favorite Events & Teams With a VPN
If you can’t watch your favorite events or teams because of your location, a VPN will allow you to get the access you are entitled to, plus extra security and unequaled privacy. Check out our VPN Guide for everything you need to know, including our top pick ExpressVPN.
CONCACAF Champions League Channels
In the US, CONCACAF Champions League matches can be found on FS1 and FS2 with English commentary. Fox Soccer Plus may also air some games. UniMas and TUDN provide coverage with Spanish announcers describing the action. Both of the two legs of the final for the 2022 competition were broadcast on FS1, UniMas, and TUDN.
Meanwhile, OneSoccer is the destination for Canadians wanting to watch this competition.
Streaming the CONCACAF Champions League
Most of the live TV streaming services provide at least the base English-language channels to watch CONCACAF Champions League matches.
- FuboTV: For $74.99/mo, provides access to FS1, FS2, UniMas, and TUDN in its base plan with 100+ channels. It also comes with 1,000 hours of cloud DVR storage and streaming on up to 10 devices. (FuboTV review)
- DIRECTV STREAM (formerly AT&T TV): Offers various plans. The Entertainment plan ($79.99/mo) provides FS1, the Choice ($108.99/mo) plan adds UniMas, and the Ultimate plan ($104.99/mo) adds FS2 and TUDN. You can also purchase UniMas and TUDN as add-on channels with lesser plans. It features unlimited cloud DVR storage and streaming on up to 20 devices. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Sling TV: The Blue plan ($40.00/mo) offers FS1. You need the Sports Extra add-on ($11/mo) to get FS2 as well. UniMas and TUDN are unavailable. This plan includes 50 hours of cloud DVR and streaming on up to 3 devices. (Sling TV review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Provides FS1 and FS2 but not UniMas or TUDN in its 85+ channel plan with ESPN+ and Disney+. It includes unlimited cloud DVR and streaming on up to 2 devices. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- Vidgo: For $69.99/mo, you get 100+ channels including FS1, FS2, UniMas, and TUDN. It doesn’t include a DVR but does allow you to stream on up to 3 devices at once. (Vidgo review)
- YouTube TV: A viable option as well for $64.99/mo, offering access to FS1, FS2, and UniMas, but not TUDN.
Univision NOW ($10.99/mo) features live streams for UniMas as well as Univision.
Stream CONCACAF Champions League in Canada
Canadians can stream coverage of CONCACAF Champions League matches through OneSoccer ($9.99 CAD/mo), which also offers its content direct to subscribers.
Streaming Devices for CONCACAF Champions League
All of the streaming services we’ve discussed above support the most popular devices:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android mobile
- Apple TV
- iOS (iPhone,iPad)
- Web browsers.
FuboTV supports many more devices including Hisense, LG, Samsung, VIZIO, and Android TV-compatible smart TVs and Xbox One gaming systems.
DIRECTV STREAM supports a couple of extra devices: Samsung smart TVs and its own proprietary device.
Hulu + Live TV supports more devices than any service including most smart TVs plus the gaming systems Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, and Xbox.
Sling TV, Vidgo, and YouTube TV also support other devices.
Superpower Your Sports Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Other brands worth checking out include Hotspot Shield and CyberGhost.
i Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.
US-based fans looking to stream CONCACAF Champions League matches have several streaming services to choose from.The best options for CONCACAF as well as general soccer fans is FuboTV.
Is the Champions League different than the Gold Cup?
Yes. The Champions League is for city or regional clubs within national leagues, such as the MLS or Liga MX, that usually play each other within a country. The Gold Cup is played between national teams, representing the entire country, and generally drawing from players within domestic clubs.
So, for example, the LA Galaxy compete in the Champions League (if they qualified), and the US Men’s National Team competes for the Gold Cup.
You can read more about how to watch the CONCACAF Gold Cup on Sling in our viewers guide.
How can I watch other soccer events?
These guides explain how to watch other soccer events without cable:
Ditch “Big Cable” Now – 3 Simple Steps to Cut the Cord
- Pick the right streaming service
- Get the content you deserve with the best VPN.
- Supercharge your internet provider
That’s it — you’ll save money, take back control, and enjoy TV more!
Page Updates ▼▲
Updated some sub-sections. Updated some section headings. Added some links.
Image changes. Pricing updates. Changed a few bits of content.
Added buttons for streaming services. Pricing updates. Added links.
Pricing updates. More links.
Put related links.
Misc content updates.
Added new section. Added links to streaming services. Added sub-section. Added some links. Pricing updates. Various content updates.
States That Have Produced the Best Actors and Actresses- 09/06/2022
Exclusive Sports on Hulu + Live TV- 07/24/2022
Just How Good Is Hulu + Live TV’s Local TV Coverage?- 07/03/2022