The 2022-23 UEFA Quarter-Final is upon us. Watch it on Paramount+!
The FIFA Tournament Qatar 2022 continues with Japan versus Costa Rica on November 27, 2022, which airs at . The match-up will play on FS1 as the two teams battle at the Ahmed bin Ali Stadium.
In a hurry? Those interested in catching the game on FS1 can watch Japan vs Costa Rica and all the other of their favorite teams by going through these live streaming services:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
World Cup Group E Match Schedule
Japan and Costa Rica are part of the second Group Stage and part of Group E, which includes Spain and Germany.
All four teams below are set for EST for different dates:
- Wednesday, November 23, : Germany vs. Japan Khalifa Int’l Stadium (FS1)
- Wednesday, November 23, : Spain vs. Costa Rica Al Thumama Stadium (FOX)
- Sunday, November 27, : Japan vs. Costa Rica Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium (FS1)
- Sunday, November 27, : Spain vs. Germany Al Bayt Stadium (FS1)
- Thursday, December 1, : Japan vs. Spain Khalifa Int’l Stadium (TBA)
- Thursday, December 1, : Costa Rica vs. Germany Al Bayt Stadium (TBA)
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Where to Watch Qatar 2022
All match-ups will air live in English in the US on Fox and Fox Sports 1 (FS1). In Spanish, it will be on Universo and Telemundo. A little secret for our Spanish-speaking friends is to check out Peacock for discounted plans.
Cable, satellite, or live streaming is required to watch the above channels. It will take a little research to determine if your provider has these channels. Most service providers have Fox, FS1, Telemundo, and Universo within the basic plans offered.
Live streaming services may require additional subscriptions. It is best to check it out before the first start of the World Cup 2022 to ensure you have the right plans to catch both English and Spanish channels.
FOX will carry all of the knockout rounds after the Group Stage. Here are the dates to follow:
- Saturday, December 3 through Tuesday, December 6: Round 16
- Friday, December 9 through Saturday, December 10: Quarter-Finals
- Tuesday, December 13 through Wednesday, December 14: Semi-Finals
- Saturday, December 17: Third-Place Play-Off
- Sunday, December 18: The Finals.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
How to Watch Costa Rica vs Japan in Every Country
- United States: Peacock (Streaming, App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming), Fox Sports 1 (TV, Streaming, App), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App)
- Canada: TSN4 (Streaming, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App), Réseau des sports (TV, Streaming, App), CTV Television Network (TV, App), TSN3 (Streaming, App), TSN1 (Streaming, App)
- United Kingdom: ITV Hub (Streaming), BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio), STV (TV, Streaming, App)
- Germany: ZDF (TV, Streaming, App)
- France: Free (TV, Streaming, App), beIN Sports 1 (TV)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: SCTV (TV, Streaming), Vidio (TV, Streaming, App)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: Voot Select (Streaming, App), JioTV (TV, Streaming, App), Sports18 (TV)
Japan vs. Costa Rica: The Teams
Japan and Costa Rica will go against each other on the third day of the Group Stage. Japan is ranked 24th, and Costa Rica is ranked 31st in the FIFA world rankings. Japan is also favored to win by 50 percent to 20 percent, but it will be a battle on the field to see who wants the cup more. Let’s look at both teams.
Japan’s World Cup Squad
- Nickname: Samurai Blue
- Coach: Hajime Moriyasu
- Captain: Maya Yoshida
- Top Scorer: Kunishige Kamamoto (75)
- Most Caps: Yasuhito Endo (152)
Japan has made it to the knockoff rounds six times throughout its existence. Their last time was in 2018 when they went as far as Round 16 but fell to Belgium with a 3-2 loss.
Many team players put their names on the board over the years, but one, in particular, stands out. Keisuke Honda is the only player to score in three separate FIFA tournaments; 2010, 2014, and 2018. He has since moved on to become Cambodia’s coach.
What to Watch for:
Everyone is saying it will be a high-scoring game (over two points for both teams) in favor of Japan winning. The top team players, Takefusa Kubo and Takumi Minamino are expected to carry the team to victory.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Costa Rica’s World Cup Squad
- Nickname: La Sele
- Coach: Luis Fernando Suárez
- Captain: Bryan Ruiz
- Top Scorer: Rolando Fonseca (47)
- Most Caps: Celso Borges (155)
Costa Rica only appeared in the 1990 FIFA tournament for the 20th Century but qualified in every one of them, except for 2010 for the 21st Century. It was a close call to qualify, but they did not miss it by much.
What to Watch for:
Percentages are in the low twenties for Costa Rica to come out on top over Japan, but the bets are high that they will score over two points in the game. Watch for Costa Rica’s key players to bust open moves in the game: Celso Borges, Keylor Navas, and Joel Campbell. They will continue to amp up their game for the Costa Rica fans.
It will be a tough call with Keylor Navas, the star goalkeeper, who was out with a back injury. He will be included, but can he function below 100 percent?
Prior Matches Between Costa Rica and Japan
Japan does have a past head-to-head record with Costa Rica in the past tournament, with Japan coming out on top both times. Japan scored three goals both times, scoring 3-1 in 2014 and 3-0 in 2018.
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Be sure to check out our deals page on ExpressVPN, NordVPN, SurfShark and PureVPN.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
What’s the Venue For Costa Rica vs Japan’s World Cup Match?
On November 27, The Ahmed bin Ali Stadium will have Japan vs. Costa Rica Group Stage E facing each other for the third time in the tournaments. The stadium is built for the occasion and can hold 40,000 people. It is located in Umm Al Afaei, west of Doha, and is known as “The Gateway to the Desert.”
Wrapping It Up
Since this is the third time Japan and Costa Rica are facing off, everyone wonders if the underdogs (Costa Rica) can pull this win off. Anything is possible, but it will be one tough fight. Let’s see if the third time is a charm!
Can I watch Japan vs Costa Rica for free at the World Cup?
You can watch the Japan vs Costa Rica match on November 27 for free if you are close enough to a Telemundo affiliate to be able to watch it with an antenna and television. It, like 55 other games at this event, will be available on that over-the-air Spanish-language television network. However, this contest will not be on Fox. In fact, all four matchups taking played that day will be on FS1.
Will the radio air the Japan vs Costa Rica World Cup match?
If you would prefer to listen to an audio broadcast, one will be made available on SiriusXM’s channel 83, which is also where you can enjoy broadcasts of 55 other matches being played at this event. The remaining eight will be on channel 157, including either Japan vs Spain or Costa Rica vs Germany on December 1. FOX Sports is providing commentary for these broadcasts.
Has Costa Rica played Japan before?
Costa Rica and Japan have played each other four times, but this World Cup matchup will be their first competitive meeting. They took part in friendlies in 1995, 2002, 2014, and 2018, three of those in Japan and a neutral-site meeting in Tampa, Fla., in 2014. Japan won each of those matchups with the exception of a 1-1 draw in 2002.
Is Japan better than Costa Rica?
Most people would probably say that, yes, Japan is better than Costa Rica. Also, take into account that Japan has qualified for the knockout phase of the WC three of the last six editions while Costa Rica has only done so once in that time span and even failed to qualify for two of those WCs. With that said, the Central Americans did advance to the quarterfinals in 2014, something Japan has never done.