The 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar kicks off on Sunday, November 20th and the final match in Group A will see Ecuador and Senegal face off on November 29th at (EST). Advancement to the Round of 16 will likely be on the line.
In a hurry? To watch all the 2022 World Cup matches, you can subscribe to one of these streaming services:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 120+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
World Cup Group A Match Schedule
Ecuador and Senegal are joined in Group A by The Netherlands and the tournament’s host country, Qatar.
- Sunday, November 20 : Qatar vs. Ecuador (Fox/Telemundo)
- Monday, November 21 : Senegal vs. Netherlands (Fox/Telemundo)
- Friday, November 25 : Qatar vs. Senegal (FS1/Telemundo)
- Friday, November 25 : Netherlands vs. Ecuador (Fox/Telemundo)
- Tuesday, November 29 : Netherlands vs. Qatar (FS1/Universo)
- Tuesday, November 29 : Ecuador vs. Senegal (Fox/Telemundo)
The television broadcasts on the Fox Broadcast family of networks will all have English commentary. The NBCUnivial broadcasts (Telemundo, Universo) will feature the Spanish announcing teams.
Superpower Your Streaming With a VPN
For the sake of privacy, security, and access, you should be using a VPN. They are low-cost and easy to use. We’ve been using them for years and our top pick is ExpressVPN. Be sure to check out our Cyber Monday 2022 deals on ExpressVPN, NordVPN, SurfShark and PureVPN.
|i||Our VPN Buyer’s Guide provides a complete introduction and all you need to know to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Where to Watch Qatar 2022
How to Watch Ecuador vs Senegal in Every Country
- United States: Peacock (Streaming, App), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Uforia (App), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), Fox Sports 1 (TV, Streaming, App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming)
- Canada: TSN2 (Streaming, App)
- United Kingdom: ITV Hub (Streaming)
- Germany: Das Erste (TV, Streaming, App)
- France: Free (TV, Streaming, App), beIN SPORTS (TV, App)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: Vidio (TV, Streaming, App)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: JioTV (TV, Streaming, App), Voot Select (Streaming, App)
- Ecuador: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Senegal: New World TV (TV, App), RTS1 Sénégal (TV, App, Radio), SuperSport MáXimo 3 (TV, Streaming, App), DStv Now (TV, Streaming, App), SuperSport Laliga ROA (TV, Streaming, App), SuperSport Variety 3 (TV, Streaming, App), GOtv Nigeria (TV, Streaming, App)
Ecuador vs Senegal — The Teams
Ecuador vs Senegal is the final Group A matchup, with Senegal favored to win and advance along with The Netherlands to the Round of 16. However, as football fans the world over know, nothing in the sport is guaranteed and anything can happen in a given match or tournament!
- Nickname: La Tricolor
- Manager: Gustavo Alfaro
- Captain: Enner Valencia
- Key Player: Enner Valencia
- Current FIFA Ranking: 44
- Previous Appearances: Three
The Ecuador Tris caused a bit of controversy during the qualifiers, with nationality issues arising around star defender Byron Castillo, who will not be traveling with the team to Qatar. However, they’re looking to put that behind them as they compete in the upcoming tournament.
The club’s greatest strength is that they have something to prove. Gustavo Alfaro’s managerial legacy will likely change significantly depending on his club’s results. Nearly half of the 26 players on the team are 23 years old or younger, which makes them motivated but, at the same time, inexperienced.
The club is also noted for its strong defense, conceding only 19 goals during this year’s qualifiers. The offense has been a bit of a struggle, however, as they have failed to score a goal in their previous three games.
However, there is one major question mark still remaining for the club, which is their ability to play at sea level. Their home games in Quito take place at a stadium that has an elevation of over 9,000 feet, which gives them a distinct advantage. They only lost one home game during the qualifiers while dropping five on the road.
- Nickname: Lions of Teranga
- Manager: Aliou Cissé
- Captain: Kalidou Koulibaly
- Key Player: Edouard Mendy
- Current FIFA Ranking: 18th
- Previous appearances: Two
The current team is considered by some to be one of the best African clubs ever fielded in a World Cup. They are considered a strong improvement over the 2018 Senegal team, which was eliminated during the Group Stage by virtue of losing a tiebreak after accumulating more yellow cards than Japan in that year’s first stage.
The club breezed through the qualifying round, securing advancement after defeating Namibia. The squad also secured the nation’s first championship earlier this year in the Africa Cup of Nations, making them a formidable opponent in this year’s tournament.
The most difficult obstacle to overcome will be the loss of Sadio Mané, who led the club to victory in the qualifiers. He is widely considered one of the best active players in the world and one of the greatest African footballers of all time. Unfortunately for Mané and Senegal, he sustained a leg injury in a Bundesliga game earlier this month which required surgery and ended his chances of appearing for the rest of the tournament.
However, the team does still have superstars Edouard Mendy and Kalidou Koulibaly, who are more than capable of leading the team to victory even without Mané. It is not guaranteed, however, as they must compete with the youth of Ecuador, the offense of The Netherlands, and the home-field advantage of host nation Qatar.
Prior Matches Between Ecuador and Senegal
The two clubs have never competed against each other in any of the previous tournaments and only met on the pitch once before, at a friendly in May of 2002. Senegal, the home team, won that match 1-0.
What’s the Venue For Ecuador vs Senegal’s World Cup Match?
Ecuador vs Senegal will take place at Khalifa International Stadium, also known as National Stadium, which is named for the country’s former Emir, Khalifa bin Hamad Al Thani. It is one of the oldest and most prestigious stadiums in the country, having held events since 1976.
The match between Ecuador and Senegal will surely prove to be a pivotal one for at least one team, if not both. As it is the final Group A match, it is very possible that the winner advances and the loser is eliminated, although that will, of course, depend on the teams’ performances in the previous games.
The winner of Group A will face the runner-up from Group B, while the runner-up from Group A will face the winner of Group B.
Can I watch Ecuador vs Senegal for free at the World Cup?
Fans in the US can watch Ecuador vs Senegal Fox Sports 1 (FS1) and Telemundo (in Spanish). Telemundo is an over-the-air channel, so you can watch it if you live relatively close to a transmitter tower. FS1 is a “cable” channel. The only way to watch the match free with trials from FuboTV and DIRECTV STREAM.
Will the radio air the Ecuador vs Senegal World Cup match?
SiriusXM channel 83, the Fox Sports channel, is the best place to listen to the World Cup on the radio. You can also find matches on TalkSPORT radio. Listening to the matches on the radio may be one of the easiest things to do for Americans since many matches air at and Eastern, times that many Americans are either sleeping or commuting.
Has Senegal played Ecuador before?
Ecuador and Senegal have played each other in friendlies in the past, but never in a match that means as much as this World Cup draw. While The Netherlands is probably the best team in Group A, the winner of this match will most likely move on to the knockout round while the other will probably be eliminated.
Is Ecuador better than Senegal?
Ecuador is ranked 44th in the world while the African champions from Senegal are ranked 18th. World rankings, however, do not mean everything and Senegal is missing their top player Sadio Mane. With a solid Ecuadorian team content to sit back and counterattack, Senegal will have to play at the top of its game to win.
How do I watch each qualifying team in the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Here are our guides to watching each qualifying football team in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 .
How can I watch other soccer leagues and major games?
These guides provide detailed information:
- Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11] - 11/15/2022
- Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10] - 11/13/2022
- 🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10] - 11/12/2022