The 2022-23 UEFA Round of 16 is upon us. PSG plays Bayern Munich on February 14th at . Watch it on Paramount+!
The Round of 16 of the 2022 World Cup starts Sunday, December 4th. The fourth match features sees Group B winner England compete against Group B second-place finisher Senegal. The game will be broadcast live on FS1 and Telemundo December 4th at . All the details are listed below.
In a hurry? You can watch England-Senegal and every other World Cup match with these streaming services:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
World Cup Results For Groups A and B
This match features the winner of Group B and the Group A second-place finisher. After three games, here are the results:
- Netherlands: 2-1-0 (7)
- Senegal: 2-0-1 (6)
- Ecuador: 1-1-1 (4)
- Qatar: 0-0-3 (0)
- England: 2-1-0 (7)
- USA: 1-2-0 (5)
- Iran: 1-0-2 (3)
- Wales: 0-1-1 (1)
Can little Senegal (ranked #18) overcome England (ranked #5) in this match?
Where World Cup Round of 16 Matches Air
All of the Round of 16 matches will be televised live in the US on the following channels:
After the Round of 16, it gets even easier because every match with air on Fox and Telemundo.
This particular match will air on FS1 and Telemundo. The latter broadcasts over-the-air, and so can be viewed for free with an antenna.
- Sunday, December 4 : England vs Senegal
For serious soccer fans, we recommend FuboTV (Viewer’s Guide). Other choices of note include Hulu + Live TV, DIRECTV STREAM, Vidgo, and YouTube TV. You can also stream all the games with Peacock if you don’t mind Spanish commentary.
After the Round of 16, other stages will air on Fox and Telemundo::
- Quarter Finals, beginning December 8th
- Semi-Finals, beginning December 13th
- Third Place Playoff on December 17th
- Final on December 18th.
How to Watch England vs Senegal in Every Country
- United States: SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Peacock (Streaming, App), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Fox Sports 1 (TV, Streaming, App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming)
- Canada: TSN4 (Streaming, App)
- United Kingdom: BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio)
- Germany: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- France: beIN Sports 1 (TV), Free (TV, Streaming, App)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: Indosiar (TV, Streaming), SCTV (TV, Streaming), Vidio (TV, Streaming, App)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: Voot Select (Streaming, App), Sports18 (TV), JioTV (TV, Streaming, App)
Game Analysis: England vs Senegal
It may seem like no contest on paper, but in reality, expect Sunday’s World Cup Knockout Round contest between England and Senegal to be hard-fought. Both sides will have challenges that they must answer to advance to the quarter-final round.
Injuries Plague Senegal’s Squad
The African Cup of Nations winner came into Qatar 2022 without star striker Sadio Mane of Bayern Munich, who suffered a leg injury in early November and underwent surgery right before the tournament started.
Nevertheless, manager Aliou Cissé guided Senegal to a second-place finish in Group A even after losing midfielder Cheikhou Kouyate to injury in the opening group game against the Netherlands. The challenge for the Lions of Teranga will be to mount an effective attack against England’s Three Lions.
Senegal Maintains a Strong Defense
Senegal’s strength is its defense, led by world-class goalkeeper Edouard Mendy of Chelsea. His Chelsea teammate Kalidou Koulibaly, who scored the game-winning goal against Ecuador, is a stalwart on defense, while Senegal will also need to call upon Amiens defender Formose Mendy, who can play at either center back or right back to stop the strong England attack.
Look for Everton’s Idrissa Gueye to try to dictate the tempo of his side’s attack for Senegal to be successful.
Who Will Lead England’s Attack?
Despite England’s six-goal explosion in the opening game against Iran and the Three Lions’ 3-0 win over Wales in the final Group Stage game, star Harry Kane remains goalless, even though he has three assists. Forward Marcus Rashford is England’s leading scorer in the tournament with three goals.
After England’s dismal showing in its middle match with the United States, manager Gareth Southgate endured criticism from the British media and fans for not using Manchester City’s Phil Foden, whom many world football fans consider t be one of the most exciting young players in Europe. Southgate shook up the lineup, starting Foden and Rashford against Wales, resulting in a goal for each.
However, some speculate that Southgate will once again start Bukayo Saka of Arsenal and Raheem Sterling of Chelsea up front against Senegal, even though Sterling’s performance has been spotty at best during Qatar 2022.
Three Lions Strengthened
England’s squad may not have yet shown its full potential as several players have just returned from injury. Most notable is right-back Kyle Walker of Manchester City, who played for 60 minutes against Wales and can bolster the offense and defense with his remarkable speed.
Walker’s return will strengthen the side’s solid center-back pairing of Manchester United’s Harry Maguire, who has experienced a renaissance in play during the tournament, along with Manchester City’s John Stones.
Look for England to win by a one- or two-goal margin.
The World Cup really gets going with the Round of 16. Every match is a knockout — one team advances and the other goes home. Don’t miss this or any other match!
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022