The 2022-23 UEFA Round of 16 is upon us. PSG plays Bayern Munich on February 14th at . Watch it on Paramount+!
The 2022 World Cup Round of 16 is finally here! And now it gets really interesting. Game 7 will be broadcast Tuesday, December 6th at (EST). It pits Morocco against Spain at Education City Stadium and will air on Fox and Telemundo. Read on to get all the details.
In a hurry? Watch Morocco vs Spain and the rest of the 2022 FIFA World Cup match with these services:
- FuboTV: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. FuboTV allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save a bundle with Sling TV.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN provider that just works, with 3,000+ locations in 94 countries. Supports five simultaneous devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. (ExpressVPN review)
- Surfshark: Connect to over 3,200 servers in 99 countries (+ tonnes of US metro areas). Try it with a 7-day free trial.
- NordVPN: Connect to over 5,000 premium servers in 60+ countries. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
World Cup Results: Groups E and F
The Group Stage is over and the top 4 teams move on to the Round of 16. For this match, the winner of Group F takes on the second-place finisher of Group E. Japan will challenge Croatia the day before. Here are the final results of the Group Stage:
- Japan: 2-0-1 (6)
- Spain: 1-1-1 (4)
- Germany: 1-1-1 (4)
- Costa Rica: 1-0-2 (3)
- Morocco: 2-1-0 (7)
- Croatia: 1-2-0 (5)
- Belgium: 1-1-1 (4)
- Canada: 0-0-3 (0)
Where Is Morocco vs Spain Airing?
The Round of 16 matches air on major US TV channels:
As with almost all our Round of 16 matches, the Morocco-Spain match airs on Fox (English) and Telemundo (Spanish). With an antenna, Fox and Telemundo can be watched for free at many locations throughout the country.
- Monday, December 6 : Morocco vs Spain
Streaming solutions may be a better option for the World Cup. Our top choice is FuboTV (Streaming Guide), because it’s all about sports — especially soccer. But there are lots of other options that provide full support for World Cup coverage: Hulu + Live TV, DIRECTV STREAM, Vidgo, and YouTube TV. And you can get all the games in Spanish with Peacock.
The Round of 16 is not the end, of course. The knockout phase has several stages left:
- Quarter Finals, beginning December 8th
- Semi-Finals, beginning December 13th
- Third Place Playoff on December 17th
- Final on December 18th.
How to Watch Morocco vs Spain in Every Country
- United States: Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), Telemundo (TV, Streaming), Peacock (Streaming, App), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Uforia (App)
- Canada: TSN3 (Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App), TSN1 (Streaming, App)
- United Kingdom: BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio)
- Germany: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- France: beIN Sports 1 (TV), Free (TV, Streaming, App)
- Colombia: To be confirmed - contact us if you know
- Indonesia: Indosiar (TV, Streaming), Vidio (TV, Streaming, App), SCTV (TV, Streaming)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: Voot Select (Streaming, App), JioTV (TV, Streaming, App), Sports18 (TV)
Game Analysis: Morocco vs Spain
Most of the experts give Spain a slight advantage in the match, although Morocco will not be dispatched so easily after winning Group F.
Spain’s Recent Successes
Spain’s manager, Luis Enrique, will look to continue the team’s success after having led the squad to the semifinals at the Euro 2022 and a second-place finish in last year’s UEFA Nations League.
Captain Sergio Busquets (Barcelona, La Liga) was on the team in 2010 that won that year’s World Cup tournament in South Africa and, between 2008 and 2012, the squad was considered one of the best national teams of all time.
For 20 years, Morocco failed to qualify for the World Cup, with the streak finally ending in 2018. Unfortunately, they went 0-1-2 in the Group Stage, with the tie coming against Spain.
However, they also won that year’s African Nations Championship and had high-level finishes in other tournaments since that time. Romain Saïss is in the third year of his captaincy and his strong leadership qualities are sure to be a great asset once again.
Although both teams have potent offensive lineups, Spain scored a remarkable nine goals in three games against their group A opponents in the Group Stage, while Morocco only managed four. Spain’s Alvaro Morata scored three of those nine goals and will look to repeat that success in the match on Tuesday.
On the other hand, Moroccan midfielder Hakim Ziyech (Chelsea, Premier League) is nicknamed “The Wizard” and for good reason, netting a goal within 4 minutes against Canada. But what secured the top spot in Group F was Achraf Hakimi’s (Paris Saint-Germain, Ligue 1) amazing pitch-long pass to assist striker Youssef En-Nesyri’s (Sevilla, La Liga) goal, earning Hakimi the title “Man of the Match” from FIFA.
On paper, Morocco would seem to have to advantage on defense, allowing only one goal to their group F opponents while Spain gave up three. However, Morocco’s opponents scored a combined seven goals in the Group Stage, while Spain’s rivals scored 13. Because Spain faced higher-powered offenses in the tournament’s opening round, it makes their three goals allowed seem more impressive than Morocco’s one.
What to Expect
Overall, soccer fans should expect a close game, with experts suggesting that Spain is likely to win. However, they are only a slight favorite, as Morocco finished the Group Stage on a strong note by rebuffing Canada’s attempts at a comeback, while Spain lost to the Japanese team and finished the round as runners-up, instead of in first place. Should the match end in an overtime tie, Spain would likely have an advantage in the penalty kick shootout.
Despite what the experts might think about these squads going head to head, either team could win and advance to the Round of 16. The only real guarantee is that soccer fans will be sure to enjoy this match!
The World Cup is interesting from the start. But it is the knockout phase where it gets its full power since every game sees one team move on and the other go home. And both Morocco and Spain have a good chance to win this match. You won’t want to miss it!
What other matches are being played in the Round of 16?
The Round of 16 is completed. Here are the standings:
- December 3: Netherlands vs USA (3-1)
- December 3: Argentina vs Australia (2-1)
- December 4: France vs Poland (3-1)
- December 4: England vs Senegal (3-0)
- December 5: Croatia vs Japan (1-1, 3-1 penalties)
- December 5: Brazil vs South Korea (4-1)
- December 6: Morocco vs Spain (0-0, 3-0 penalties)
- December 6: Portugal vs Switzerland (6-1)
What teams have been eliminated from the World Cup?
The following teams were eliminated at the Group Stage:
- Costa Rica
- Saudi Arabia
These teams were eliminated so far in the Knockout Stage:
- South Korea
- USMNT (USA)
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022