Watch Man City and Inter in the 2022-23 UEFA Final on June 10th.
Watch it on CBS with Fubo!
Update: Argentina edged out the Netherlands and then defeated Croatia in the semifinals.
Argentina is poised to deliver a series of powerful performances heading into the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar. Nicknamed La Albiceleste, this team led by Lionel Messi with a 35-game winning streak will surely give favorites like Brazil and France a formidable opponent. While fans eagerly await some truly legendary matchups, let’s look at all the available ways viewers can tune in.
In a hurry? El Tri fans can watch all the matches on Fox or FS1 in English or Telemundo in Spanish. These streaming services will have you more than covered:
- Fubo: The best streaming service for international sports also provides 130+ well-selected channels. Fubo allows you to try out its service free for 7 days.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Get a great channel lineup with the best selection of RSNs in the industry. A 5-day free trial is now available for DIRECTV STREAM.
- Sling TV: This low-cost service allows you to select just the channel lineup you want. Save 50% on your first month of Sling TV.
If you can’t watch your favorite sports because of your location, get ExpressVPN to access the content you deserve.
Unfortunately, we don’t know a streaming service in that covers this sport. But if you’ve already paid for the right service, and just can’t watch because of your location, there is an easy way to get the content you deserve. You need a VPN, like one of the following.
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
||Sign Up Now|
If you’re overwhelmed and not sure where to begin, you’ll find all the answers in our full VPN guide.
Table Of Contents
Argentina has games scheduled on November 22nd, 26th, and 30th. After that? Check back here!
Team Argentina Background
Four years ago, Argentina was on the verge of crashing out of the World Cup at the group stage, but an 86th-minute strike by Marcos Rojo pushed it through and sent opponent Nigeria to that fate instead. However, Argentina’s stay in Russia only lasted one more match as France sent the Argentinians home with a 4-3 win in the round of 16.
One of the biggest individual storylines in Qatar this November/December will be Lionel Messi and seeing if the 35-year-old can finally lift a World Cup trophy. He and his side came close in neighboring Brazil in 2014 before falling to Germany, 1-0 in extra time, in that year’s final.
However, Argentina breaking through for the Copa America trophy in the summer of 2021 took a lot of pressure off of his and his teammates’ shoulders.
Argentina has two World Cup trophies (1978 and 1986) and 15 Copa America ones; the latter continental one claimed in 2021 ended a 28-year drought in that competition.
With all of that said, one of the biggest notes to consider is that Argentina is very much on form coming into the World Cup, having gone undefeated in its last 35 matches. The nation’s most recent defeat came in a 2019 Copa America semifinal, by a 2-0 score at the hands of Brazil.
Team Argentina Squad
Released November 11th by head coach Lionel Scaloni, the 26-man World Cup squad has been carefully whittled down from the original 35-55 player list.
- Marcos Acuna — Sevilla (defender)
- Alexis Mac Allister — Brighton (midfielder)
- Julian Alvarez — Manchester City (forward)
- Franco Armani — River Plate (goalkeeper)
- Joaquin Correa — Inter Milan (forward)
- Paulo Dybala — AS Roma (forward)
- Enzo Fernandez — Benfica (midfielder)
- Juan Foyth — Villarreal (defender)
- Alejandro ‘Papu’ Gomez — Sevilla (midfielder)
- Nicolas Gonzalez — Fiorentina (forward)
- Angel Di Maria — Juventus (forward)
- Emiliano Martinez — Aston Villa (goalkeeper)
- Lautaro Martinez — Inter Milan (forward)
- Lisandro Martinez — Manchester United (defender)
- Lionel Messi — PSG (forward)
- Nahuel Molina — Atletico Madrid (defender)
- Gonzalo Montiel — Sevilla (defender)
- Nicolas Otamendi — Benfica (defender)
- Exequiel Palacios — Bayer Leverkusen (midfielder)
- Leandro Paredes — Juventus (midfielder)
- Rodrigo De Paul — Atletico Madrid (midfielder)
- German Pezzella — Real Betis (defender)
- Guido Rodriguez — Real Betis (midfielder)
- Cristian Romero — Tottenham (defender)
- Geronimo Rulli — Villarreal (goalkeeper)
- Nicolas Tagliafico — Lyon (defender)
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Argentina National Team 2022 World Cup Schedule
Argentina, along with Saudi Arabia, Poland, and Mexico, are all in Group C. Each team will face the other once, with Argentina expected to come out on top. Here is a look at the schedule of upcoming matches:
- Tuesday, November 22, : Saudi Arabia at Lusail Stadium
- Saturday, November 26, : Mexico at Lusail Stadium
- Wednesday, November 30, : Poland at Stadium 974
While teams like Mexico have proved themselves to be powerful and capable in previous years, many fans believe Argentina will conquer Group C and move forward. Much is still to be determined heading into December, but a quick overview of the upcoming schedule sheds light on what hopefully awaits Argentina.
- Round of 16(December 3-6)
- Quarter-Finals (December 9-10)
- Semi-Finals (December 13-14)
- Third-Place Play-Off (December 17)
- World Cup Final (December 18)
2022 World Cup Qatar Channels
Luckily for American soccer fans, the entire World Cup 2022 (including games featuring Argentina) will be available on major TV channels. Fox channels will broadcast in English, and NBCUniversal in Spanish. You can also stream games directly in Spanish with Peacock.
Watch Argentina achieve victory on the following stations:
- Tue November 22, : FS1/Telemundo
- Sat November 26, : FS1/Telemundo
- Wed November 30, : Fox/Universo
How to Watch Team Argentina With an OTA Antenna
Another great option for catching the World Cup action is an HD antenna. These over-the-air broadcast in clear HD quality for free. You can do this with all the games featured on Fox and Telemundo. But it is location-dependent. Our HD antenna guide can help provide additional information, so viewers are ready on game day.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
How to Stream Team Argentia at the 2022 World Cup
To watch the World Cup in English, you will need a streaming service because two games will be on Fox Sports 1 (FS1). Similiarly, Spanish-language fans will need a streaming service to get Universo.
- FuboTV: Popular among soccer fans, this service comes with 120+ channels for just $74.99/mo. (FuboTV review/streaming guide)
- DIRECTV STREAM: The major satellite provider has expanded into streaming and will connect fans to the World Cup for only $74.99/mo. (DIRECTV STREAM review)
- Hulu + Live TV: Gain access to a vast on-demand library of titles and more than 85 live channels for $69.99/mo. Keep in mind that an add-on package is required for the Universal Spanish broadcasts of the World Cup. (Hulu + Live TV review)
- YouTube TV: Take advantage of all the vlogger content you can, along with over 100 live channels, for just $72.99/mo.
English-Only Streaming Options For Team Argentina
- Sling TV: For just $40.00/mo English speakers can enjoy all broadcast games in their native language. (Sling TV review/streaming guide)
- Vidgo: Packed with ESPN and Fox sports content, subscribe for only $69.99/mo. (Vidgo review)
Spanish-Only Streaming Coverage
- Peacock: This streaming service brings all the World Cup action to fans in Spanish for a meager $4.99/mo. (Peacock review)
Watch Every Argentina Game in the World Cup
- United States: Telemundo (TV, Streaming), Telemundo Deportes (Streaming, App), Peacock (Streaming, App), Fox Sports (TV, Streaming, App), SiriusXM FC (TV, Streaming, App), Uforia (App), Fox Sports 1 (TV, Streaming, App), Universo - NBC.com (TV, Streaming, App)
- Canada: TSN3 (Streaming, App), TSN1 (Streaming, App), TSN4 (Streaming, App), TSN5 (Streaming, App), Réseau des sports (TV, Streaming, App), CTV Television Network (TV, App)
- United Kingdom: ITV Hub (Streaming), BBC Radio 5 Live (Radio), STV (TV, Streaming, App), BBC One (TV, Streaming, App), BBC Sport (TV, Streaming, App)
- Germany: Magenta Sport (Streaming, App), Das Erste (TV, Streaming, App), ZDF (TV, Streaming, App), ServusTV (TV, Streaming, App)
- France: Free (TV, Streaming, App), beIN SPORTS (TV, App), beIN Sports 1 (TV), Molotov (TV, Streaming, App), TF1 (TV, Streaming, App)
- Colombia: Caracol TV (TV, Streaming, App), Claro Sports (TV, Streaming, App), RCN Television (TV, Streaming, App), Deportes Rcn (TV, Streaming, App), Caracol Play (TV, Streaming, App), DIRECTV Sports App (Streaming, App)
- Indonesia: SCTV (TV, Streaming), Vidio (TV, Streaming, App), Indosiar (TV, Streaming)
- Spain: Gol Mundial (TV)
- India: JioTV (TV, Streaming, App), Sports18 (TV), Voot Select (Streaming, App), DD Sports (TV, App)
Superpower Your Live TV Streaming With a VPN
You can’t beat a VPN for privacy, security, and access. We have used them for years as an important part of our streaming toolkit and we recommend ExpressVPN.
|i||See our VPN Buyer’s Guide for complete information on how to choose the best VPN for your needs.|
Devices for Streaming Team Mexico in Qatar 2022
With many different streaming devices available, all of the above services are within easy reach. In all probability, you already have at least one or two of these options.
- Amazon Fire TV (Firestick)
- Android mobile
- Apple TV
- iOS (iPhone, iPad)
- Web browsers
See our individual streaming service reviews (linked above) for complete lists.
Advancing technology has made it easier than ever to watch every moment of thrilling FIFA World Cup matchups. Argentina is clearly ready to make quite a showing this year, and fans will likely be cheering for them in December.
For dedicated soccer fans, we recommend FuboTV. But Sling TV is a great low-cost option for viewing this year’s World Cup.
Sign Up for a Free 7-Day Fubo Trial
Where can I watch Argentina for free in the World Cup?
There are several ways to watch Argentina compete in Qatar 2022 for free, including watching the first two games on Telemundo (Spanish) and third game on Fox (English with an antenna over the air. You can also use free trials provided by live TV streaming services like FuboTV and DIRECTV STREAM. If you don’t mind waiting, you can watch replays on Tubi.
When was the last time Argentina won the World Cup?
The last time Argentina won the World Cup was in 1986 when they defeated West Germany by a score of 3-2. The club’s championship run that year is most remembered for the controversial “Hand of God goal” scored by Argentina’s captain, Diego Maradona, in the quarterfinals against England. Maradona netted five goals in that year’s tournament and won the Golden Ball, the award given to the player with the best performance.
Can I listen to Argentina in the World Cup on the radio?
Yes, there are several options to listen to Qatar 2022 on the radio. FOX Sports Radio has teamed up with TuneIn to provide a simulcast of the English language broadcasts. It will require a $7.99 TuneIn Premium subscription, however. For Spanish language broadcasts, Fútbol de Primera will have the games on all of their 118 affiliates across the country, many of which are available to listen to for free on iHeartRadio.
When did Argentina qualify for the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Argentina officially qualified for Qatar 2022 on November 16, 2021, matchday 13, when they clinched a berth in the tournament by defeating Uruguay 1-0. The club ended the CONMEBOL qualifiers undefeated with a record of 11-0-6, second only to Brazil. It is the earliest the team has qualified for the FIFA tournament since the current format debuted.
Who is the captain of Team Argentina?
Team Argentina’s captain is the legendary Lionel Messi, who is considered to be one of the greatest players of all time. He owns many individual records, including seven Ballon d’Or trophies, the most career goals scored for the Argentinian national team, and many more. In senior-level competition, he has scored 764 career goals, the second-most of any player all-time.
How do I watch each qualifying team in the World Cup Qatar 2022?
Here are our guides to watching each qualifying football team in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 .
Be sure to check our our match schedule too, including today’s games.
How can I watch other soccer leagues and major games?
These guides provide detailed information:
Image cropped from Action from the 2014 FIFA World Cup Final between Argentina and Germany by copa2014.gov.br under CC BY 3.0.
Page Updates ▼▲
Updated some sub-sections. Updated some section headings. Added some links.
Put related links. Misc content updates.
Added links to streaming services. Updated some sub-sections. Cross linking. Deleted unneeded sub-section.
Added sub-section. Reworked one section. Changed some content in main section. Cross linking.
Viewing Options for Thursday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers [NFL Week 11]- 11/15/2022
Watch Monday Night Football: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles Viewing Options November 14, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/13/2022
🏈 Watch Sunday Night Football: Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers Viewing Options November 13, 2022 [NFL Week 10]- 11/12/2022